PDA

View Full Version : Hootin' the Night Away @,@

kimsophia
November 4th, 2015, 04:03 AM
Hooo's up?

I am watching the Bulls getting slapped upside the head by the Hornets...1st quarter over and down by 17.

What's up in your tree? @,@

bubba
November 4th, 2015, 04:37 AM
Started the fourth pair of ugly pj's this afternoon. I have the top nearly done. Just have to do the collar, front placket and pockets. Then I will zip out the pants and deliver all four pair on Thursday!!!

Once that is done, I have a few orders I need to get started and done before we go to Hawaii. I'd also like to get MM an Aloha shirt made for the trip and two dress shirts for Christmas. I have no clue when this getting back to sewing clothing for him started, but it is kind of fun!

I'm still kind of pooped from the show Sunday, so once the news is over, I'm hitting the hay!

toggpine
November 4th, 2015, 05:06 AM
I'm not sure how I went another day without doing much in the sewing room.
Things around the house are getting done though.
Hubby hadn't taken the box fans out to the shop for winter storage and one of them was exceptionally dirty. I took the screens off of the front & back and scrubbed them with Clorox cleanup. Then I went to town on the blades and the metal frame. Ick! Who knew the fan was originally light blue? It's all clean, dry, and reassembled. They both are set for winter storage and will be all ready to go next summer. Now to get them hauled out to the shop....
More laundry was done. All of the bedding is now freshly laundered. I guess around here we do fall cleaning more than spring. I have more time now than in the spring with all of the new babies. I guess if I'm going to be stuck indoors because of the weather, I'd rather have it tidy now.
Maybe tomorrow will be a sewing day. Here is to hoping so, or is that hoping to sew?
Hugs, Cathy

kimsophia
November 4th, 2015, 05:20 AM
Fourth quarter and the Bulls are down THIRTY points...not only have they decided not to run any defense, but the Hornets are sinking every shot they shoot...so that makes things nice for them...come on, Hoiberg! You can't just have your team practice missing three pointers out there all night! He didn't let my alma mater's team, the Cyclones, lose like this...

I can talk about Hoiberg this way because he's my crush...lol

I'm just kicking around sewing ideas. I still have a lot of leftover flannel from my baby burp cloth binge and I'm thinking of sewing a bunch of it into a sort of rag quilt fabric and then cutting out a robe for myself. Guess I should sew it to fit a robe's pattern pieces. I do have a kimono pattern that I made out of brocade but it isn't very warm, sadly.

Still am kicking around ideas for my combination of a nine patch with crazy quilt embellishments. The tea-dyed lace came out well last night.

kimsophia
November 4th, 2015, 06:25 AM
Ha...here's how I can rag my rag quilt edges...
Quiltropolis - Photo albums (http://forums.quiltropolis.net/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=783&photoid=2253)

Carol336
November 4th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Good luck with that rag quilt method - LOL

Up again at 4:30......and I even went to bed later than usual last night. We were out dancing until 10, so by the tie we got home and settled in it was around 11 - I read a short time before turning the lights out......and I really thougth I was good until at least 7 - but it was not to be.

DH and I are doing Weight Watchers and .....drumroll please.....I made it to Onederland today......still have a long way to go, but it felt good to see that 1 instead of 2 on the scale. Of course DH made it to goal in about 10 minutes.....I hate that - especially when I see how he cheats....MEN!!!!!

Gotta get some Joe.

Hulamoon
November 4th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Ha...here's how I can rag my rag quilt edges...
Quiltropolis - Photo albums (http://forums.quiltropolis.net/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=783&photoid=2253)

That's so funny!

I was kicking ideas around too, but want to make some tutus. Then this happened
http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-discussion/58460-wierd-crafsty-surprise.html

I'm cleaning my old sewing room to find my old walking foot, and to bring stuff downstairs, like tulle. It gets so dang hot up there I can't work very long. Will try to get some sleep so I can get up there early.