PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, well helloooooooooooooooo!

Monique
November 3rd, 2015, 06:39 AM

Good early morning. I shouldn't be up at this hour, but I awoke and could not get back to sleep. My gallbladder is acting up on me again.

Spaghetti sauce got made yesterday as I am taking a lasagna to Nancy's. I think today I am going to cook those two pumpkins I have and use that for pumpkin squares that I am taking to Nancy's.

I was organizing last night the projects I want to take with me for the weekend. I have lots of backup plans to take, lol!! I actually quilted last night as well watching tv. That little dress quilt WILL GET DONE!!

Poor Bonnie, called me last night, 911. She sliced the top of her finger with the rotary cutter along with part of the fingernail. She was having trouble bandaging it while bleeding profusely. We got the blood flow of ease off, then I got her all bandaged up. I don't think they would have been able to stitch it in emerg anyway. I will call her later and see how she is.

I was asked to work next week. Mon-Tues at the little post office in the church, Wednesday is Remembrance Day here in Canada so it is a holiday, Thurs-Sat in Shawville. I can always use that money, especially before Christmas.

I think we are having our Indian Summer this week. The temperatures are climbing each day. We will take it.

Have a great day friends.

Ginny B
November 3rd, 2015, 08:59 AM
Good Morning Monique and all to follow. Warm here this week too. I'm still fighting this cold so maybe I can talk a walk in some sunshine today at lunchtime and feel a little better. As colds go, I've had worse for sure but it's just annoying. And it's keeping me from going to cuddle Lily!

Sorry about your friends' little rotary cutter accident. I hope she is ok. And it sounds like a fun weekend you have planned with some delicious food too. :)

I've been catching up on things at work and feel like I have accomplished a lot over the last few days. Yesterday I made a big dent in a pile of things that needed to be sorted and either filed or tossed. Small pile left waiting for me this morning so it will be done before lunch today. WooHoo!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Bubby
November 3rd, 2015, 09:21 AM
Morning Everyone....It's chilly and damp this morning. Today I am getting a good haircut. My hairdresser is back after making a career change for a year. She was sorely missed.

Yesterday I changed the bed quilts for warmer ones and washed quilts most of the day.

Monique, I hope you have a wonderful time with Nan and the others. I need a weekend like that. Can't wait to see your dress quilt..is it for little Miss M?

Wishing everyone a blessed day.

songbird857
November 3rd, 2015, 09:21 AM
Good morning :)
Warm here today too - weatherman says 70 degrees - I'll take it!
I pieced another triangle frenzy last night, a bit longer than the first - I think I like it better than the first one, I'll finish and post pics later. Probably need to do some groceries today as well, we'll see.
Ginny, isn't that a great feeling to get the paperwork sorted?? I don't work in an office anymore, but I was the odd duck who loved the OCD - ness of that stuff ;)
Monique - mmm... homemade spaghetti sauce sounds wonderful. I haven't made it in oh so long because we don't eat much pasta these days...

I hope everyone has a spectacular day!

KPH
November 3rd, 2015, 09:48 AM
Have a great day everyone. I went to the bank yesterday to pick up cancelled checks since they don't mail them back anymore. It's hard to believe I've only written 5 since mom passed. Tomorrow is the final inventory at the court house at 9. Today, I've got to get my ducks in a row. All the paperwork is there, I'm hoping I filled everything in the right blank.

Carol336
November 3rd, 2015, 09:49 AM
Morning all. Really slept in..felt so good!!!

Ummm I can smell that tomato sauce all the way from Canada......wish I were going with you Monique.

Didn't get to the LQS with my quilt yesterday.....just got busy with other things and well you know how that goes. Didn't even get into the sewing room.... Maybe today!!!!

Sylvia H
November 3rd, 2015, 10:13 AM
Good morning! I hope Bonnie and her finger are okay. Ouch! I just finished making Christmas pillows for DIL, and through this whole project I was sticking myself with pins. Since the main fabric was white with green holly leaves, there was a lot of bandaging going on!

Today I have a few errands that will take me out of the house, and it is voting day as well. I still have to adjust to the change back to standard time. While it isn't a problem to get up at 5 am (instead of 6 am), it is a problem at the end of the day when I am so tired and it is just 9 pm! I know we are supposed to feel great about the 'extra' hour of sleep we get that first night, but I don't think it is all that great.

But, speaking of great - I hope everyone has a great day.

Elaine21
November 3rd, 2015, 10:35 AM
Good morning all.
It is going to be a great day today....warm temps and plenty of sunshine. For November 3rd, I'll take it!
I'll be working on hand sewing a binding today on a quilt I did on the long arm on Saturday. After that it goes in the wash, then it gets sent to my best friend in Malaysia. It should arrive there just in time for her birthday, or at least I hope it does.
Then I'll be trying a machine sewn flange binding on a baby quilt I quilted on Saturday. It will be my first time trying to do this so I hope it goes smoothly.
I might take a break with the hand sewing later to get outside and enjoy the weather. Might take a walk to Tim Horton's and have a tea break!
Have a great day everyone!

Grandma Nan
November 3rd, 2015, 10:54 AM
Hi there friends

OHHHH ouch for Bonnie. Hope it heals up quickly. So difficult when its your fingers cause it keeps getting bumped.

Monique I can't wait til the weekend. Its just 3 more sleeps and we will all be together for our quilting weekend. I hope Vicky Rivermomm is feeling better this week as she is joining us too. Monique is bringing lasagna and pumpkin squares. My sis, Pat sent me a text and said she is going to do the 2 breakfasts. I've got the rest covered. I'm going to do chili and loaded baked potatoes. With homemade baked beans and weiners for lunch. And the other lunch will be chicken caesar salads. We are going to have a ball. Who has more fun than quilters?

So today is a beautiful day and going to be quite warm. Loving it!! I have to go out for a while and pick up some supplies for the weekend. I have a coupon for Fabric Land so might take a buzz in there too.

Hope everyone has a great day.

MRoy
November 3rd, 2015, 11:04 AM
Good morning! It's election day here so I'll be going to vote later. We're electing a new governor and I'm voting for the one that I hope will do the least damage to our pension system. It's one of the worst funded in the nation right now, and it's getting downright scary. Then, since I'm already out and about I may go shopping for paint chips (for color matching) and fabric for Bonnie Hunter's newest mystery quilt.

Monique, Nan, Vicki have a wonderful time this weekend. It's great that you are able to get together and have sewing fun!

Lori63
November 3rd, 2015, 11:23 AM
Good morning:)

I'm at work, but not sure how much actual work will get done. Today is the parade for our World Series Champs, the Royals! We don't get to go to the parade, but we'll have it on TV and of course not get much done during it! They've cancelled most of the local schools for the day and it's supposed to be a huge crowd.

I got several things cut out last night, but no sewing. My neighbor asked me to help her make some tablecloths over the weekend and I left my machine at her house since we weren't quite done. I hope to get over there tonight and finish up so I can bring my machine home.

Sounds like you ladies will have a wonderful time this weekend, please take pics so we can all see what you were up to!

JCY
November 3rd, 2015, 12:11 PM
Good Tuesday Morning!

We voted by mail quite a while ago. It's so convenient. It's another sunny day--maybe the last for the rest of the week. Frost & 35 deg. this a.m. Maybe 70 today. Yest. I took advantage of the good weather to trim back perennials & weed one flower bed. I worked 3 hrs., then did some hand watering. I've got some sore muscles today, but not as bad as I thought it might be.

I'm not getting as much sewing done as I'd like, but maybe this afternoon there will be time. I get my annual eye exam this a.m.

So sorry about the rotary cutter injury. I hope it heals quickly.

SewnByBee
November 3rd, 2015, 12:35 PM
It's so Tuesday.............Good Morning............
doing the high intake of my morning must have, COFFEE.

Shuuuu, I'm dragging around, maybe I'll get going, n a bit .

Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day.

MayinJerset
November 3rd, 2015, 12:38 PM
Nice warm election day - no biggie this year as it's mostly for local offices.

Monique and the gals are prepping for great quilting and eating retreat, we all wish we could join you,

Monique
November 3rd, 2015, 01:19 PM
Nice warm election day - no biggie this year as it's mostly for local offices.

Monique and the gals are prepping for great quilting and eating retreat, we all wish we could join you,

We wish you all could too. Maybe we should organize a retreat for this side of the world. LOL!!

Splinter
November 3rd, 2015, 02:18 PM
Retreat, retreat, retreat. As often as possible. I am a retreat addict. I hate to go a full month without gathering with someone to sew. My last retreat was three weeks ago. I gathered with two friends for 12 hours of sewing fun. My next retreat is in 10 days! Those same two friends and my mom are joining me for three days of sewing fun organized by my local quilt guild. Sew + Eat + Laugh = Inspired Productivity. I can't get enough of that.

SewnByBee
November 3rd, 2015, 02:45 PM
Retreat, retreat, retreat. As often as possible. I am a retreat addict. I hate to go a full month without gathering with someone to sew. My last retreat was three weeks ago. I gathered with two friends for 12 hours of sewing fun. My next retreat is in 10 days! Those same two friends and my mom are joining me for three days of sewing fun organized by my local quilt guild. Sew + Eat + Laugh = Inspired Productivity. I can't get enough of that.

Reteat........ soundI, like a GRATE, plan,
so much to do here
I'm........
not staying focused on anythinanything. ......lol

toggpine
November 3rd, 2015, 03:16 PM
I need to get back to going to sew with the ladies on Mondays at the library. I certainly was getting a lot done when I was spending those hours there. The household things can certainly distract from sewing time! In the spring I have to be here because of the new babies, and they kind of frown on bringing children, so summer is out too. That leaves fall and winter for me to hang out with the ladies there.
Most of the housework is done from yesterday, so I should be able to get some time in the sewing room today. I'd also like to work on cleaning up the treadle too, but since that's my Christmas present, I'll leave that until after I have finished a few for other people!
The coffee cup is empty, so I should wrap up the computer time and get on with switching the last couple loads of laundry!

You all have a fabulous day and share a smile with someone! C