PDA

View Full Version : One of these kids has a future as an obstetrician...

SallyO'Sews
November 2nd, 2015, 08:23 PM
This one is long, but it totally cracked me up. My daughter the Kindergarten teacher is 27 years old, unmarried, and never been pregnant. Here's the latest conversation with her class:

Awkward conversation about babies in utero this morning.

Student: "What's a womb?"
Me: "A womb is a special organ that mommies have for carrying babies. Men don't have wombs, so daddies can't carry babies inside them."
*Boy pulls up shirt, taps on chest*
"Yeah -- we just have THESE!!"

Student: "How do the babies get their food in there?"
*cue explanation of umbilical cords/belly buttons*
*astonished faces*
Student: "So, how does it come off?"
Me: "Well, the doctor removes the umbilical cord after the baby's born to separate the mommy and the baby."
Student: "How does he do that?!"
Me: "Ummm.... with ... medical tools."
Student: "So how does the baby even come out??"
Me: ".... you can ask your mommy about that!"

Student: "Did you know, when my baby brother wasn't even 1-year-old yet, my mommy decided that, instead of giving him a bottle, she was just gonna feed him from her...from... up here! and then she just .... put it in a bag to cool off, and THEN she put it in a bottle to give him."
Me: "Right; God gives mommies special equipment to feed their babies."

*stares me down super hard as if something just occurred to him*

Me: "...and it ONLY works if you're a mommy."

I wasn't ready.

songbird857
November 2nd, 2015, 09:57 PM
Nothing better than candid conversations with kids!! Priceless.

Nidan_07
November 2nd, 2015, 11:06 PM
Ahhh Priceless!! I can just picture all those astonished little faces. Relieved for your DD that no questions came up about how the babies actually get into Mum's tummy.

Leslie333
November 2nd, 2015, 11:16 PM
Great story! Kids are really funny. Glad your DD handled it all well.

Monique
November 3rd, 2015, 06:05 AM
I hope she is writing all this down.

SallyO'Sews
November 3rd, 2015, 12:19 PM
I hope she is writing all this down.
Several people have asked her to save all of these stories/quotations and put them in a book. She does have them saved with a hashtag on Facebook. They really are so funny!

bubba
November 3rd, 2015, 03:05 PM
Reminds me of a field trip I went on with one of our kids when they were in elementary school.

We came upon the polar bears who were having fun with each other.....MRS. METCALF!!!!! What are those bears DOING????? Go ask your teacher.

There was another set of animals doing the same thing......same answer. I was not expecting ET the ginormous walrus to be sunning himself in all his glory when we approached his enclosure. MRS. METCALF!!!! Why is that big red worm coming out of his stomach like that??????????

Last field trip I ever went on.