PDA

View Full Version : Monday, the first of the this new month

Monique
November 2nd, 2015, 08:15 AM
Good morning friends from a dark morning here. Not sure about this time change though. The day was soooo long yesterday.

Congratulations to the Kansas City Royals on winning the World Series.

We did the on-line auction sale again yesterday. Les thought he would be smart and try to bid up the price and got caught. I am now the proud owner of a silver watch and brooch. AND it got paid with my credit card. AND I have to go to the city to pick it up today. It had better be nice.

I am getting pretty excited about this coming weekend. A girls sewing weekend with Nan and Vicky. I can't wait to meet Vicky. Now to decide what to bring to work on.

Les, Greg and two other friends are headed to Buffalo this weekend. The GM for the Buffalo Sabres is from Shawville and a good friend of Les'. They are going to catch a hockey game and football game. They should have a blast.

I am going to finish up the rice bags. 6 down and 1 more to go. This last one is huge, 18" square. Lots of little pockets to fill.

Have a great day friends. Sew lots and stay safe.

Blondie sends hugs and prayers to those in need. AND she wants everyone to SMILE!!

ceiliam
November 2nd, 2015, 08:23 AM
Morning all, its way to early. Got most of the top done on baby quilt an worked on quilting a Christmas present for my friends son. Then a couple of quilts bound. Then on to some Christmas gifts need to get done. Let the games begin

Jean Sewing Machine
November 2nd, 2015, 08:35 AM
Hi friends! Wow, the sewing party at Nan's house sounds like so much fun! Wish I could attend!

I'm working on a very not fun project, a big stage curtain for our play that starts Friday. I got my marching orders, measurements Saturday from the director/set designer. I started cutting my panels based on these measurements. I didn't have a lot of extra fabric, so I cut my panels pretty close to the finished size. As I was cutting panel 4 of 5, he calls requesting the rod pocket be 2 times the original.size and I didn't have enough length to add that and not have them come up short. So I figured a way to add length, just sewing on the rod pocket to the top. Did that on all 5 panels! Tried them out, rod pocket just a tiny bit too small curtains wouldn't slide on. Move on to plan C! Get to the end of that plan and something is wrong. By that time, I was too tired and frustrated to figure it out. So that is left for me to figure out today.

So no fun sewing till this mess is sorted out!

Have a great day!

SewnByBee
November 2nd, 2015, 09:25 AM
Good MORNING,
I am up way early this day after time CHANGE, it will mess me up for sure.

Hope you auction Finds are Spectacular.

nd your Star will tirn out awesome, Im sure.
although it does sound like a big job.prayers for you.

I have to take Scoot to the vet for his checkup on his diabetes, pluss
Manny & petty, ......doggie primping day.

I'll see about getting my ornaments made today, or a plan.

Wating on one of my (three to come) M* Orders maybe, today , it will come in.

I'll look and see if I can find out about prizes left out there.

Good luck and be blessed forum friends..........Bee

Bubby
November 2nd, 2015, 09:28 AM
Morning Everyone,

Yay, KC Royals.....way to go! The 12th inning was super exciting. Actually we're Cardinal fans but since they didn't make it to the World Series this year we were supporting the Royals and they didn't disappoint.

Jean, I'm sure you can figure out your curtain dilemma. Things like this can be so frustrating and so much extra work.

I want to try one of the Triangle Frenzy runners using the strip method like Annika posted. I hope mine turn out as nice as Songbird's.

Wishing everyone a grand Monday.

songbird857
November 2nd, 2015, 09:40 AM
Good morning all :)
Monique - have fun sewing! Sounds like it'll be a blast...
Celia - sounds like you and everyone else are kicking up the gear on the sewing (myself included!) - seems that fall is the time to sew :)
Oh Jean... yeah... utility sewing is not the funnest ;)
Bekie - I'm sure Scoot will look so handsome when he's done!
Barb - thank you my friend :) I found that because of the bias in the triangles, they are actually very forgiving when piecing them together! I pinned my seams to match, and only had to undo one seam ;)

So, today holds more sewing - I'll make a few more of the table toppers/runners - I'm using Winter Wonderland and just having fun playing with the red and white! Then it's on to rice bags, I spy bags, etc. Somewhere along the way I will sandwich my quilt this week. I was having too much fun sewing small things this weekend and didn't get to it.
I hope everyone has a fantastic day! Ciao.

Carol336
November 2nd, 2015, 09:58 AM
Good morning everyone....
Sounds like everyone is busy busy busy....puppies getting groomed, ornaments planned, quilts getting bound, table tops and runners being sewn.....oh and one stage curtain to straighten out - good luck with that Jean

How excited you must be for your sewing weekend with Nan and Vicky Monique....be sure to post lots of pictures so we can all share your fun.

As for me - I'm taking my quilt to the LQS to see about long arming it.....hopefully my friend can ride along since she's the one that recommended this particular shop.

dwil23
November 2nd, 2015, 10:26 AM
Good Morning, all!

Thinking about baby Daisy - I think today is the day for her to make her grand entrance into the world.
Prayers that all goes well for her!
Hope everyone has a great day!

Mom23
November 2nd, 2015, 11:00 AM
Good Morning All,

Today is the day I leave to go on a 5 day sewing retreat. I have a few last minute details to take care of before we leave at 11:30. I have 4 projects of which one needs borders, another has the blocks sewn and squared up I just need to put together, and two are cut and ready to begin sewing. I have grand plans to get it all done but lets get real, the food, friendship and shopping will take much of my time.

My grandson and I got to have breakfast with Jean Sewing Machine last Friday. She showed me pictures of her Rhine River Cruise in France and I think she's convinced me to at least check into a trip of my own. Carter was very good while we visited but it's hard to concentrate on visiting when I have to worry about a 17 month old.

I've given myself to 8:00 a.m. to play on the computer then I have to get my chores done. Have a great week. Even though I will be away I will still keep you in my daily prayers.

Blessings to All.

toggpine
November 2nd, 2015, 02:51 PM
Last night's bug spraying kinda did me in. I'm taking it easy for the day.
Well, after I run the vacuum and start some laundry, then I'll take it easy, after I figure out what we are having for supper. Oh, then I'll have the laundry to fold and put away. I should probably scrub the bathrooms too.

Yep. Just taking it easy....

Lightwriter
November 2nd, 2015, 04:16 PM
Well, the Halloween spirits must have gotten into my M* account. My laptop died and I had to break down and get a new one. One of the first things I did was try to sign back into the forum. No luck. All sorts of issues.

Finally got signed back in the Home page, but not the forum. Alan finally figured it out.

Whew! I thought I was locked out for good. Hope this laptop lasts for awhile.

Raining like crazy here. Hoping for some sun soon.

Have a good Monday.