PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday, Nov 1st, a brand new day and a brand new month.

Monique
November 1st, 2015, 07:56 AM
It's all that wrapped into one and we get an extra hours sleep. Did I really get an extra hour? Not up any earlier than usual. This day will be so long.

We had about 20 little trick or treaters here last night. By 8 pm the fuss was over.

On Friday, I bought laminate fabric, fabric to recover kitchen chairs, and fabric for 2 different tops I want to make. OYE!! I DID NOT buy quilting fabric, believe it or not.

Today I want to finish up the rice bags that I have left to make. I also need to make the covers for them. I want to get this out of the way ASAP. Then I can quilt the dirt bike quilt and get that out of the way. AND THEN, no more doing stuff for other people for a while. I would just like to get my own stuff done.

This next coming weekend I am going to Nancy's (Grandma Nan)for the weekend for a girl's sewing weekend. I am really looking forward to that. RiverMomm is coming too so I get to meet another forum friend.

I tried to call Blondie yesterday but I still can not reach her. She must be oh so busy. I will try again later.

Have a wonderful day everyone and don't eat ALL the candy from last night. Spread it out over time (yeah right).

Jean Sewing Machine
November 1st, 2015, 08:16 AM
Hi! Oh! Monique, Nan and Vicky, wish I was in NY to get together with you three! Have a blast together!

Must do a big PIA curtain for my stage show. I measured and measured and had cut 4 of the five panels for it when the director called requesting it to have a deeper casing for a double thick hanging rod. GRRRRR! I had just cut it to fit what he first told me to do. I cut it to just fit so I wouldn't have to do any special hemming. This request has made the job a bit more difficult.

So, we all ( tech and set build crew from the theatre group) went out to dinner together last night. I usually don't get to socialize that much with this group, but they are all so nice and so much fun. Had two beers with my dinner, and that usually means " lights out" for me! So I stayed awake long enough to see 2 sets of trick or treaters and then it truly was " lights out"! So with the extra hour of sleep, I am well rested now!

My fellow costumer is step grandma to a darling 3 year old who lives part time at her house. The parents are moving to Cinncinnati. My friend is driving up there with the little one and her boxes of stuff tomorrow. They came by my house last night for trick or treating. The little girl loves coming to my house, and her little eyes lit up when she saw me! I don't think she realizes that she won't be seeing Grandma Tracey so much any more. And it was sad to give her one last kiss and hug last night. So my friend and I will have to soothe our lonely hearts with fabric!

Hope you all have a great day!

Monique
November 1st, 2015, 08:22 AM
Hi! Oh! Monique, Nan and Vicky, wish I was in NY to get together with you three! Have a blast together!

Must do a big PIA curtain for my stage show. I measured and measured and had cut 4 of the five panels for it when the director called requesting it to have a deeper casing for a double thick hanging rod. GRRRRR! I had just cut it to fit what he first told me to do. I cut it to just fit so I wouldn't have to do any special hemming. This request has made the job a bit more difficult.

So, we all ( tech and set build crew from the theatre group) went out to dinner together last night. I usually don't get to socialize that much with this group, but they are all so nice and so much fun. Had two beers with my dinner, and that usually means " lights out" for me! So I stayed awake long enough to see 2 sets of trick or treaters and then it truly was " lights out"! So with the extra hour of sleep, I am well rested now!

My fellow costumer is step grandma to a darling 3 year old who lives part time at her house. The parents are moving to Cinncinnati. My friend is driving up there with the little one and her boxes of stuff tomorrow. They came by my house last night for trick or treating. The little girl loves coming to my house, and her little eyes lit up when she saw me! I don't think she realizes that she won't be seeing Grandma Tracey so much any more. And it was sad to give her one last kiss and hug last night. So my friend and I will have to soothe our lonely hearts with fabric!

Hope you all have a great day!

You still have time to make it Jean!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 1st, 2015, 08:24 AM
You still have time to make it Jean!
I'm going to see Kaffe Fasset in Hamilton and the other grandkids next weekend, or I might be shopping for plane tickets now!

Monique
November 1st, 2015, 08:31 AM
We will have more opportunities to get together.

Granny Judy
November 1st, 2015, 08:54 AM
I do hope you all will share pictures of getting together.. we want to see those big smiles!!

I'm just trying to finish up a bunch of projects I have started for this coming Christmas.. I hope all the little stuff is done and I can put in more time doing the quilting on a couple of large quilts. They are sandwiched with one under the needle right now. Not much else to do with the weather turning cold and it raining all day.

Not many were out and about due to the weather... We live close to a school and generally have LOTS of little goblins and ghosts.
I did get to bed early, so I am up early getting the clocks turned back.

Hugs going out to all.

Bubby
November 1st, 2015, 09:12 AM
Morning Everyone! We had no trick-or-treaters last night because we live in a remote area with no children. The weather wasn't the best either. I made a large pot of soup and we pigged out with that and cornbread.

I talked to Blondie a couple days ago and she and the family are fine. She is still having computer/internet issues but will try to be back with us soon. She sends to her love and wants everyone to know she is praying for us.

Monique, I hope you and the Girls have a great time when you get together.

I've been hemming the binding on our Christmas quilt. I'm waiting to get an armload of things back from Reggie that will all need binding. Looking forward to trying the 2-color binding Jenny showed us a few weeks ago.

Have a blessed day Everyone.

Andrea F
November 1st, 2015, 09:37 AM
Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful sunny (but rather cold) day here in Germany and it's already 1:30 pm. I'm in the process of packing up for a work trip to another school. I'll drive there in the late afternoon (I don't like driving in the dark) and will be home again Thursday afternoon. I'm also packing my smaller Brother sewing machine. Four nights all by myself in the hotel are hopefully going to give me some sewing time. If I can stay awake long enough, that is ;)

Monique, have a blast! Getting together with friends to sew must be so much fun!

Wishing everybody a wonderful Sunday!

Ginny B
November 1st, 2015, 09:56 AM
Good morning all and Happy November. Well yesterday I got no real time in my sewing room. Wound up doing some projects that were on our to do list and a lot of cleaning that I originally hadn't planned on but I'm happy it's done. So today I hope to get more accomplished in my sewing room. It's a cloudy morning here and I don't have to go anywhere so I think it will be a comfy cozy sweat pants day.

Have a great day all.

Cathy F
November 1st, 2015, 10:17 AM
Morning all
We had about 16 trick or treaters last night, each year gets fewer and fewer, but the little ones who came were just so cute and polite!
Looks to be an overcast day and one to dig in inside. Hope to get more things packed up for my retreat next week in Lake George. Haven't done any sewing in weeks so will try to cram as much in as possible in 4 days. Had hoped to accomplish a lot more Christmas projects but time is growing short.
Off to get my first cup of coffee then on to a bit of cleaning.

RiverMomm
November 1st, 2015, 12:09 PM
Good Morning everyone. Extra hour? Hmmm, I woke up "early" so I am guessing it will take me a couple days to adjust. But, I so hate how early it gets dark here now.

We had way over 100 little candy critters ringing our doorbell last night. We live in a young neighborhood that is flat and well lit. Perfect for the youngest trick or treaters. And the best part is we ran out of candy. No candy sitting beside my computer begging to be eaten.

I am looking forward to the mini sewing retreat with Nancy and Monique! I got my singer 9960 out of the closet and cleaned her up for the trip. Then I sat down and did a little sewing, only to realize I have completely forgotten how to use it! It took me 10 minutes and reading the manual to figure out how to adjust the stitch length. Once I did that, it all started coming back to me. Now all I have to do is decide what fabric/projects to pack and to remember things like scissors and thread.

Happy November!

MayinJerset
November 1st, 2015, 12:17 PM
120379 HOW MANY OF US ARE DOING THIS?

SewnByBee
November 1st, 2015, 12:27 PM
Good November morning,
Where does the time go ?
BAM - November -BAM- Christmas.😱.
Makes my head spin.

Hope you all have a wonderful and BLESSED Sunday.

Sylvia H
November 1st, 2015, 12:31 PM
Good morning everyone - and a good new week and new month, too! I confess to planning on hiding last night - if anyone rang my doorbell. I haven't had trick or treaters for the last two years, so this year, I decided not to buy any candy (cause guess who ate most of the candy the last two years?). I didn't turn the entrance light on - I think in my area, that is the signal that you will answer the doorbell.

Today is the start of the gift making crunch! Deadlines stress me out a lot, and I am constantly working on my thinking to focus on enjoying the process and not worry about the deadline. "Ohmmmmmm........ohmmmmmmm.......ohmmmmmm........si tting in the lotus position". There, that is better! :icon_giggle:

Last Sunday, Preeti Harris came to visit, and gifted me with a Martelli, left-handed rotary cutter. I just started using it last night. Thankful for the instructions on how to hold it - as I would not have done that correctly. I know I am going to enjoy it very much as I get used to a different handling method. I am also using my Stripology ruler as much as possible (an early Christmas gift to myself).

Love the planned mini-retreats. When speaking with my sister on Friday, she suggested possibly doing this on Thanksgiving. It is going to be a difficult holiday for her, and if a little retreat at my house helps, then I am all for that. She and I are also going to a shop hop at the end of this week. Looking forward to that and a few good restaurant lunches.

Have a great day, everyone!

QuiltingRN
November 1st, 2015, 01:30 PM
Happy November! Time is just flying by!
I've don't get any kids for Halloween except our granddaughter, she was Minnie Mouse and was happy to grab several pieces of candy from the bag! She is 18 months old and now likes candy!

Hubs and I are going to see Riverdance this afternoon, then a nice dinner in Seattle. Hopefully the rain will hold off.

Been working on an advent calendar for my granddaughter, hope to have it done soon. I made an ornament for Missouri Star and will get it mailed this week..
Hope everyone has a great week.

SewnByBee
November 1st, 2015, 02:22 PM
Sylvia, I hid out too 😛. Eating my candy 😱Lol.

ceiliam
November 1st, 2015, 03:13 PM
Didn't hide out wasn't home celebrating moms open house for her 90th birthday . worn out spend all last week making cookies, lots of them. And lots of family from out of town. Had great time, glad its done.
Plan on easy day. Sylvia lucky you time with Pretti. Glad you had good time. Have a great day all.