PDA

View Full Version : when morning comes....

bubba
November 1st, 2015, 02:56 AM
Yours truly will be sitting in her booth at a craft fair!! Please wish me luck! I'd really like to sell 50% of what I have, but I'm sure that expectation is high. I know I am selling one thing for sure because the call messaged me and will be there to purchase the most expensive thing I made!!!! In all fairness, it was a special order.

Thankful for daylight savings time tonight!

toggpine
November 1st, 2015, 03:04 AM
Best wishes for your craft fair! Your items are fabulous without a doubt.
If they don't sell, your Christmas list is sure to be greatly reduced!

jjkaiser
November 1st, 2015, 03:08 AM
Good luck at the booth! What a great thing to do on a Sunday, so have fun and check out the other vendors let us know what goodies everyone is selling.

bubba
November 1st, 2015, 03:11 AM
I have to tell you....today I made ten binkie bibs (you hook the pacifier onto them!) and four pair of elf slippers in Seahawks fleece! I was a sewing fool! Tonight I put prices on everything. That took me about 1.5 hrs, maybe 2!

It's all sitting inside the back door ready to roll out come morning!

bec
November 1st, 2015, 04:41 AM
If anyone can do it, you can. Your bags are AWESOME!!! Hope you sell more than 50%. :)

Judy, USMC
November 1st, 2015, 05:28 AM
Wishing you terrific sales!

kimsophia
November 1st, 2015, 05:37 AM
Good luck, bubba!

Juliet Taylor
November 1st, 2015, 07:03 AM
Good luck ! :)
But I don't think you're going to need it, I'm sure you'll sell a lot! I usually prefer to make my own that to buy it handmade by someone else but your bags are the best I'd buy them all :D So I'm sure you'll have a lot of customers! Have fun!

Carol336
November 1st, 2015, 07:16 AM
Sounds like fun......good luck. Please post a pic of your booth.....we'd all love to see it.

Monique
November 1st, 2015, 07:42 AM
Good luck on at the sale. I hope you end up with NOTHING left (and that's a good thing, hehehe).

Jean Sewing Machine
November 1st, 2015, 08:22 AM
Good luck on your sale! Sounds like you have a nice variety of offerings for your booth!

Cathy F
November 1st, 2015, 08:42 AM
Sending good thoughts for a very profitable day! Once people see the quality of your work I'm sure things will be selling quickly

Andrea F
November 1st, 2015, 09:23 AM
I have to tell you....today I made ten binkie bibs (you hook the pacifier onto them!) and four pair of elf slippers in Seahawks fleece! I was a sewing fool! Tonight I put prices on everything. That took me about 1.5 hrs, maybe 2!

It's all sitting inside the back door ready to roll out come morning!

Good luck, I hope you sell all of it! I was already wondering what that snap at the bottom was for...

MayinJerset
November 1st, 2015, 09:32 AM
Good Luck - hope they buy Everything!

Hulamoon
November 1st, 2015, 09:36 AM
Good Luck, may the craft fairy be with you!

Ginny B
November 1st, 2015, 09:40 AM
Good luck. I'm sure you will sell tons. Your work is awesome.

Carlie Wolf
November 1st, 2015, 10:45 AM
I'll be thinking of you and saying a prayer or two.

songbird857
November 1st, 2015, 10:51 AM
Pat, If the fair is a popular one, you wont have any trouble selling :) good luck, my friend!
....binkie bibs, eh??? Do you have a pattern? I have officially begun the mad manic month of sewing for the craft fair in Dec ;) (well, as much as I can possibly squeeze in...)

YellowCockatiel
November 1st, 2015, 11:09 AM
Hope you have a wonderful (and busy) day at the craft show. Take pictures.

judimccl
November 1st, 2015, 11:53 AM
Hope you have a great day at the craft fair :icon_wave:

AuntieVic
November 1st, 2015, 12:30 PM
Wishing you luck at the craft fair. Have a great day!

QuiltingRN
November 1st, 2015, 01:36 PM
Where is your craft fair? I hope you sell out! Your stuff is beautiful! Good luck today!

Quiltfreestyle
November 1st, 2015, 02:33 PM
Good luck Pat,, by the time you read this you'll probably be well on your way to a sell out.. who could resist your craftmanship??
Hope you will post some pictures.

SewnByBee
November 1st, 2015, 02:48 PM
LOTS OF LUCK.......

bubba
November 1st, 2015, 10:00 PM
Where is your craft fair? I hope you sell out! Your stuff is beautiful! Good luck today!

I just saw this :( It was at the Eagles Club in Puyallup.

I am pooped....going to eat dinner, and then I think I'm going to bed! I'll post more later about it.

kimsophia
November 3rd, 2015, 12:33 PM
How did it go???

easyquilts
November 3rd, 2015, 02:16 PM
Wishing you luck....and lots if fun...

toggpine
November 3rd, 2015, 02:45 PM
WELL????

We all wanna know how you did!

bubba
November 3rd, 2015, 02:48 PM
My day started early and I headed out before 0800. Got to the hall where it was being held and there was NO parking nearby. I had three totes and a coat rack to get inside! I parked at a lot across the street, however the entry door was on the far side of the building, so I grabbed what I could and walked....about half a block. Saving grace was there was an elevator once you got inside, so I took that rather than hauling stuff up 40 stairs!! Found my sister and she already had the entire table filled.....with her stuff!!!! Ummmmm....so where shall I put my stuff I asked. Well, I didn't know for sure if you were coming. !?!?!?!?!?!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???? I talked to you on the phone 30 minutes ago and you knew I was coming!

I convinced her to come out and help me finish carry in my things then got to rearranging what she had done. We were supposed to have an eight foot table.....they had given everyone in our room six foot tables! We set my totes on the back corners of the table to make things bi-level and raise things up and I hung some of the purses on the coat rack. Then things started to happen!

First customer thru was someone my oldest daughter works with. I had never met her, but I had talked to her on the phone a couple days prior. She wanted to buy something I made because she was familiar with my work. My sister was not very happy with that and let me know after she had left. I explained to her that she wanted to buy my things, and she asked about different things she picked up if I had made it or not and I told her yes or no and who had made it. If it was not me, she set it back down. That, I guess, did not set well with my sister....especially when she handed me a check for $140!!

It kept getting busier and busier and there were so many people standing at our little table at times, that others had to pass it by without looking. Some of the other vendors kept coming over and several of them purchased as well.

At the end of the day, I had 1.5 totes of things plus my coat rack and 3x more $$ than my sister had!! I was surprised to see that nobody bought Seahawks elf slippers and that I only sold two of the binky bibs. That more than paid for the fabric cost. One of the best sellers were the clutch purses with the matching wallet sets. I took five and they were all gone w/in two hours, one of which I think was shoplifted....guess they needed it worse than me!

Twenty years ago, we used to do large craft fairs and they were a breeze. I was so sore by the time I got home that I felt like I could have slept for a week! I spent most of yesterday napping with a bit of sewing later in the afternoon. I can't believe I'm still a little sore today, but it's much better than it was.

MM was happy I did well. There was one year I sat two days at a show and did not sell a single thing.....worse feeling in the world!

jjkaiser
November 3rd, 2015, 03:08 PM
Congratulations on your very successful craft fair! Of course your bags and wallets sold out they are gorgeous!!Sorry about your sister not doing as well--ah the old competition from childhood never completely goes away does it. I have a daughter like that who turns everything into a contest, drives me crazy!! Now get some well deserved rest.

Wwena
November 3rd, 2015, 03:32 PM
Sounds like you were a huge success! :)

bubba
November 3rd, 2015, 03:50 PM
Oh! Another thing I sold only one of, and I think I took eight of them, was NCW's!! I sold one of the Seahawks one and that was it. I had one mini and sold that as well, but I was certain the Mickey ones would be hits!

laura44
November 3rd, 2015, 07:12 PM
Sounds like you did well! I can sympathize with being sore and tired, I do
shows and I feel the same way after. I bet the buyers are thrilled they
are the new owners of your beautiful work!

Grandma G
November 3rd, 2015, 07:38 PM
Glad you did well even if your sis was not exactly a cheerleader for you. It doesn't always make sense what people are drawn to but it sounds like you had plenty of variety and your reputation for excellence has gotten around. Rest up and get ready for next time. And not to worry - we will be your cheerleaders.

Carlie Wolf
November 3rd, 2015, 07:55 PM
I'm so happy for you. You did great! I had 4 sisters so I know how THAT is LOL

bubba
November 3rd, 2015, 08:25 PM
I also have four sister, and I am the middle one. I speak to the oldest once a month at Bunco, the next one several times a week, the one after me rarely and the youngest who I no longer claim as a sister, I have not spoken to her in over 15 years and doubt I ever will again.

Carlie Wolf
November 3rd, 2015, 08:36 PM
OMG sounds like me. I'm second oldest (black sheep). The older one (11 months older than me, same year), maybe once every three months although we were like twins growing up....then marriage, children and competition seemed to take over. The one younger than me, we talk (sometimes for hrs LOL) almost daily. The next youngest,in retrospect, we swear she was born without a soul. The youngest who was SO sweet died when she was 14. We still miss her.

EnumclawGramma
November 4th, 2015, 09:44 AM
While I'm thinking of it Pat, I only have one or two cards left in my purse to hand out. I actually have strangers ask me about my purse. Any chance you can send me some more? PM me!

bubba
November 4th, 2015, 04:46 PM
While I'm thinking of it Pat, I only have one or two cards left in my purse to hand out. I actually have strangers ask me about my purse. Any chance you can send me some more? PM me!

I sure can! If you are going to be down this way, my sister is having an open house on Saturday at her house for our items. It is the same weekend for the Spanaway Lake High School bazaar, which is quite large and good one to go to (at least it was when we used to attend it!). She will be posting the address on our fb page soon!

Quiltfreestyle
November 4th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Congratulations on a great sale! I knew you'd do well, your work is really awesome! Sorry your sister isn't quite so thrilled but maybe she will get over it soon??
I have one sister & fortunately we got over our competitive phase when we hit our twenties.. Our last contest was the "how quick can you give birth?" She won that with a record time of 4.5 hours for a 9 1/2 pound baby.. I had a C-section after 10 hours of induced labor.. But my baby was bigger hehehe

bubba
November 4th, 2015, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=Quiltfreestyle;814270]Congratulations on a great sale! I knew you'd do well, your work is really awesome! Sorry your sister isn't quite so thrilled but maybe she will get over it soon??
I have one sister & fortunately we got over our competitive phase when we hit our twenties.. Our last contest was the "how quick can you give birth?"

She is 61!!!! I would probably beat anyone in the childbirth category. Was at the hospital 32 minutes before I had her and only in labor for about 1.5 hours before that!