PDA

View Full Version : Sugared Up Night Owl!

toggpine
November 1st, 2015, 02:55 AM
We had Halloween candy left over, but not much. We had the community Trunk-or-Treat last night and handed out nearly 400 pieces in two hours!
Tonight we went to Mom's and had Em Trick-or-Treat the neighbors. One guy unloaded half his bowl into the two kids buckets! There aren't many youngsters living in the neighborhood anymore. Well, we were kids there 30 years ago!
The elephant in the tutu was a hit. I need to figure out how to give the ears more lift on the hood. The pipe cleaners weren't enough. I should have probably made them into a head band or something. Oh well! The trunk needs some fine tuning too. We'll see if she can still wear it next year, and go from there.

I hope you all had a safe and Happy Halloween! (Even if you kept your porch light off!)

Hugs! Cathy

Dang it! She's sideways! How did that happen?

toggpine
November 1st, 2015, 03:01 AM
Let me try the other one.

jjkaiser
November 1st, 2015, 03:03 AM
That's a cute costume! And costumes are not that essy to make if you're a quilter not a clothes sewer. I've made a few, glad those days are over. I remember making a unicorn costume when one of my girls was in about 4th grade. That almost made me lose my mind! The unicorn horn gave me fits. I stuffed it but it kind of laid to the side when she put it on. I stuffed it more about 3-4 times, it was attached to a hood and mind you the horn does not come out of the top of the head but the forehead. Well I stuffed the dam thing so much it stood out perfectly, but when she put the hood up it was so heavy it drug the thing down so it kept falling in her eyes. Funny how you remember this stuff. Of course tofay moms don't sew much they hot glue just about everything!

Splinter
November 1st, 2015, 03:12 AM
I went to see family about 100 miles away. I spent some time looking at baby items with my sister who is expecting her first child in about four months. I also visited with my parents. I shared a delicious dessert and finished off the trip by perusing the shelf contents in the quilting section at the bookstore. By the time I returned home, my dogs were sleeping and the streets were quiet. It is nice to have an extra hour between yesterday and today, but I won't like paying back the borrowed hour in March.

bubba
November 1st, 2015, 03:12 AM
What a cute costume!!! Next year make her a lady bug or a bumble bee and ask me then how to do the antennas!!!

kimsophia
November 1st, 2015, 05:53 AM
One extra hour to hoot tonight

hoot hoot

Carol336
November 1st, 2015, 07:39 AM
We moved to an over 55 community in June - so no trick or treaters for us tonight......and truth be known....I kinda missed seeing the little ones all dressed up.

Cathy F
November 1st, 2015, 08:45 AM
What an adorable costume!

MayinJerset
November 1st, 2015, 09:29 AM
She looks very happy with her elephant costume - Good Work

Ginny B
November 1st, 2015, 09:37 AM
Great costume!

Andrea F
November 1st, 2015, 09:45 AM
Great costume! She looks so cute. One year, when DS1 was in elementary school, he was a smurf. That was so cute, too. I have to admit I bought the costume. I made him a lion costume when he was in Kindergarden. At that time, we didn't celebrate Halloween here in Germany. We have "Karneval" in late February or early March each year. That's when everybody gets dressed up. Yesterday, DS1 was Freddy Krueger from Halloween. He really looked creepy.

We didn't have any trick-or-treaters yesterday. Now who's going to eat all the candy...

Quiltfreestyle
November 1st, 2015, 02:52 PM
Great costume Cathy!! Very creative! I remember making devils & pirates & various super hero costumes for my boys as they grew up... Halloween was always a favorite holiday around here.. have to admit I kind of miss those days & am looking forward to moving next year to be closer to the grandkids. Then I can relive my glory days. LoL

auntiemern
November 1st, 2015, 03:48 PM
What a great costume. I loved coming up with home made costumes for DD when she was little. She even dressed up as Santa one year when she was still small enough to wear blanket sleepers. (Those things are great to add just the right accessories to). I honestly don't know that I ever bought a costume for her. We went to her house last night. (we live where we don't get any trick or treaters). Pa takes the kids with their mom and Gran is the designated candy passer outer. I love it.