PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween everybody!

Juliet Taylor
October 31st, 2015, 09:03 AM
LOl is it weird that an Italian starts a post regarding Halloween? I'd say no :D

I love Halloween. I had the pleasure to celebrate it in Vermont 12 years ago when I was an exchange student and I LOVED IT!
It was amazing. Vermont in fall/autumn is gorgeous, beautiful red and yellow leaves... we carved pumpkins, everybody dressed up to go to highschool (including me) and I had even the great opportunity to partecipate in an Halloween musical where I was a witch! It was outdoor! gorgeous!

So what are you up today? (except sewing of course :D )

CraftyJnet
October 31st, 2015, 09:06 AM
Happy Halloween, Juliet and everyone!
I'm hoping to go for a walk with my hubby in the morning. My MIL is coming over for coffee in the late morning. My daughter is coming home for the weekend - YAY!!! Right now I'm going to start on my first pinwheel quilt. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Bubby
October 31st, 2015, 09:18 AM
Happy Halloween Juliet and everyone. Typically our weather is wet, windy and cold this morning. It's going to rain all day.

I'm outta here to get my Boo on!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 31st, 2015, 09:30 AM
Hi Juliet! So interesting to hear your memories of Halloween in the US from a time past! My Halloween will be spent working on small costume pieces for my show that starts next Friday and waiting for the very few trick or treaters who come to our doors. Nothing big or exciting,

Hope you all have a great day!

Cathy F
October 31st, 2015, 09:55 AM
Morning all,
Happy Halloween! We don't get many trick or treaters but we do get a few small ones who are really cute. Looks to be a nice day so maybe we'll get a few more.
Haven't done any sewing in weeks and really miss it. My retreat is coming up in two weeks and I've already packed up some UFO's to take. Doesn't look like there will be as much Christmas sewing going on here this year as I planned on.
Bedroom reno is finally done with all the major work. Been having fun pulling all the decorative accessories together.
Well off to get my day started, have to get the coffee going!

GrammaBabs
October 31st, 2015, 09:56 AM
Tonight we have a costume party at the clubhouse! YES,,, we 60somethings will be acting like fools again and having a ball dancing the night away...
My friend MJ came up with the idea of being OPP's... "Oak Point Princesses",,,, cheeze... she comes up with some beauties...
It all started while shopping for jewelry for our class reunion... we came across "tiaras"... spent some time choosing and her idea bloomed! I bought on the "net" some ORANGE sashes (the kind used for chair ties at weddings)... I cut out the OPP's from black felt.. ironed them on and we each have embellished the letters...The look is kinda like Miss America... LOL We will all wear black... Faces are optioonal..
My DH,,, who NEVER gets into anything has gotten all caught up in this and is going to be Elwood from the "Blues Brothers"!!! He even has been watching on YouTube for some "steps"... should work great since he just got the first of a 3 shot series for his bum knee....:lol:

Ginny B
October 31st, 2015, 10:08 AM
Good morning everyone. We will probably have more trick or treaters today since it's nice out and it's a Saturday. Not sure what's on the agenda for today. I have a big list but so we will need to pick from that. Once the doorbell starts ringing with the ghosts and goblins, productivity will be at aa minimum.

Juliet, that sounds like a wonderful Halloween. I have never been to Vermont but it's on my list of places to go.
Grandma Babs, that party sounds like great fun. Love the costume ideas! Please post pics.

Ok time to go pick from the "to do" list. Sewing is on there but I think the majority of that will be done tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone

JCY
October 31st, 2015, 11:33 AM
Halloween is a non-event at our house. We leave our porch light off & have not treated for several yrs. due to DH's declining health. It's a gorgeous morning here in Colorado. Sunny. Heavy frost & only 35 deg. It's supposed to get up to 65 today and 70 deg. tomorrow. I heard the word "snow" mentioned in the extended forecast for next week.

I definitely plan to do some sewing today. I've been missing it this week -- too much other stuff going on. I hope everyone has a good week-end.

ceiliam
October 31st, 2015, 11:44 AM
Morning all day is taken up with family and friends who are here for My beautiful Moms birthday party.
Been up since 2am put binding on quilt for my great niece want my sister and her grandma to take it for me.
Well got to get dressed and load cookies up to take to my sisters house.
Prayers, hugs to all who need them. Hope all have a wonderful day. Cecelia

MayinJerset
October 31st, 2015, 11:46 AM
Nice day for the Halloween Trick or Treaters - put the treat basket near the front door for easy access. Last year we had very few stop by so DH and I were forced to eat the treats ourselves.

aliaslaceygreen
October 31st, 2015, 12:18 PM
Work at 1pm... so hoping that the store is quiet, that everyone already has what they need for their costume, and is out collecting loot! I am still feeling rotten from the cold that came out of nowhere Monday afternoon.... it seemed to have been a bit better yesterday, but today I feel like making it to 10pm is going to be a challenge...
I vacuumed, did dishes and put on a load of laundry. That plus watering the plants and I am ready for a nap till its time to leave for work!

Hoping it's all treats and no tricks tonight!!!

judimccl
October 31st, 2015, 04:33 PM
And a Happy Halloween to you and your family. :icon_wave:

GaGa
October 31st, 2015, 04:48 PM
Happy Halloween to all. Damp and chilly here in northern Missouri. No trick or treaters this far out in the country - only a little party for the grandchildren - who, of course, are my favorite spooks!

Juliet Taylor
October 31st, 2015, 08:43 PM
Here everything is calm, but I was at home, last day of off work week, a friend of mine who works in a supermarket told me a few people were dressed up!But on fb I saw a tons of cute costumes for kids :) that was nice