PDA

View Full Version : Night Owling Again

kimsophia
October 30th, 2015, 02:06 AM
Hootie hoo! How are you?

I'm actually awake at night again after being sick, so I am pretty psyched about that. I finished my counted cross stitch sampler today and am looking forward to getting it framed at last.

What's going on in your tree? @,@ :icon_wave:

jjkaiser
October 30th, 2015, 02:14 AM
That reminds me of when I made a ctd cross stitch sampler when my daughter was just a baby. It was beautiful and a ton of work! I hung it on a skirt hanger wit clips intending to find the perfect frame. It was completely finished and I was so proud. Well life got in the way. Way in the way! I have moved four times since completing it--and my "baby" turned 29 this year. It is still hanging on the original hanger in my closet in house #4. She'll probably find it when I die and she goes through my things. So! Don't let this happen to you!!

stationarymom
October 30th, 2015, 02:26 AM
Hoot Kim I hope you weren't too sick.I'm glad to see you back in your tree.I have never done counted cross stitch it scares me and now my eyes give me a hard time so I don't think I ever will.

pcbatiks
October 30th, 2015, 02:31 AM
Hooooooot fellow owls.

I've been trying to finish up watching Craftsy classes of parts of classes that interest me. Yes. my brain has turned to mush. :D

I did manage to get a baby quilt top made a couple of days ago. It is a large bento box. Hope to finish that in the next few days.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Hulamoon
October 30th, 2015, 03:07 AM
Hi owls! I got into a gardening mood, so I'm repotting neglected plants, and propagating Angel wing begonias.

Begonia PeachParfeit photo - missy_gardenwhimsy photos at pbase.com (http://www.pbase.com/missy_gardenwhimsy/image/32156043)

toggpine
October 30th, 2015, 03:34 AM
I finished the tutu! 5 plus yards of scarlet shiny tulle cut into 5" wide strips mixed with two 10 yard spools of red metallic dot tulle make for a very impressive skirt! I had 5 more yards of red shiny tulle to cut, but this is way more than enough!

Tomorrow I'll attach the ears to the hood and finish the trunk. I have to find my skinny elastic for that though.

I hope you all have a good night. I'm off to tuck in my nest for a few hours!
Hugs, Cathy

kimsophia
October 30th, 2015, 03:42 AM
Hi owls! I got into a gardening mood, so I'm repotting neglected plants, and propagating Angel wing begonias.

Begonia PeachParfeit photo - missy_gardenwhimsy photos at pbase.com (http://www.pbase.com/missy_gardenwhimsy/image/32156043)

What a beautiful begonia! I've never seen those kind of elongated flower petals before...gorgeous.

kimsophia
October 30th, 2015, 03:46 AM
That reminds me of when I made a ctd cross stitch sampler when my daughter was just a baby. It was beautiful and a ton of work! I hung it on a skirt hanger wit clips intending to find the perfect frame. It was completely finished and I was so proud. Well life got in the way. Way in the way! I have moved four times since completing it--and my "baby" turned 29 this year. It is still hanging on the original hanger in my closet in house #4. She'll probably find it when I die and she goes through my things. So! Don't let this happen to you!!

Actually I have kind of done this but with a baby quilt that I didn't finish until the baby was graduated from college! But I think she's excited to use the baby quilt someday when she has a baby, eventually. :D

This cross stitch has been stuck for ten years so I'm glad to have it ironed nice and flat and ready to go. I'm not going to try to learn framing and do it myself, or it will never be done! lolol

Just saw a funny Halloween sampler that says "If the broom fits, ride it"

bubba
October 30th, 2015, 04:14 AM
I had quite a day! Flip back to yesterday....we came home after running errands and parked out front as I was leaving right away to take the girl to the airport, but I had gasoline on my hands and it was burning my skin and I needed to get it washed off in a hurry! Well, we get to the front porch and someone, not naming names...okay, it was me, had locked the screen door for which there is no key to unlock it from the outside. MM walked around to the alley to go in the backyard that way to unlock the house and let me in. I waited......and waited.....and waited some more. Five minutes go by. Finally he opens the door and asks if I had lent out the power washer. Uh, no. Well, someone stole it. Really? I think.....I told you not to leave it sitting on the deck. Mind you, you can't see where it was unless you come in the yard and up 15 steps to get to the deck and then you would see it. So that makes me uneasy now. Anyway, he was in a cranky mood, it was his own fault and he is mad at the world. I left to get the girl and drive her to catch the plane.

I get home, he leaves for work. I keep hearing noises (they were probably in my head, but I heard them!!) outside and decide I will sleep on the couch in the TV room so I can hear if someone might return and come up on the deck. Well, I had also texted our daughter wanting info on the place she is staying thru airbnb in case she had evil befall her. I realize when it is 0630 in NYC she may not realize that it is 0330 at my house, but yes, that is when she texted me! Now I am awake. I decide this is a bunch of crap and I'm going to bed in the big girl bed.

When I got up this morning, my neck was not feeling well and has only gotten worse thru the day. I left to do the errands I needed to do and as I was leaving the garage, there is someone in the parking area next to the garage and I tell in no uncertain terms to get out of there. She looked like death warmed over and told me she was having a medical emergency (crack head) so I asked her if she wanted an ambulance. She said she was waiting for the bus. I told her it did not come down my alley and showed her where she needed to be. She made it two houses down, went into another neighbors driveway and picked up something she was trying to steal. She did not know I was still watching her and I honked and told her to put it back. So, she sat it down where she was standing. I told her to pick it up and put it back where it came from. She told me she was not comfortable in trespassing while I was watching her. I told her I had already called the police and she needed to replace it where she got it from so she threw it and continued on her way.

She gets to the bus stop and keeps walking, so I park across the street and watch her as she goes, screaming and hitting herself in the face. I was on the phone with 911 and I was embarrassed by the lack of quality of professionalism the communications officer displayed and figured she had to be new since I left because she sure did not know how to ask questions, get a description or listen to what was being told to her. The gal is now halfway down the block when she turns around and starts running back like a bat out of hell. A bus pulled over and she got on, I did a U-turn to get the bus # so the dispatcher can alert the transit police. The bus pulls over after a couple of blocks and the driver is assisting someone in a wheelchair off the bus. I motion to the driver to come over, he looks right at me and gets back on the bus and slams the door and leaves. I follow him, and he pulled over again. I wanted to make sure this girl did not get off the bus, so I waited till he left again and I pulled out after him. He stopped again, not at a stop, and just sat. I pulled up in front of him and got out and walked back to the bus. He was on his radio calling me in as a suspicious person!!! I asked why he didn't talk to me a few blocks prior and he would not answer. I then went on to tell him about that gal and a security officer who was on the bus walked up and listened. I told him he did not have to worry about me and that I had called the police and was sure they would be contacting him soon and went on my merry way.

I get to Cash and Carry for MM's salad dressing and my English muffins and continue to Best Buy where I was instructed to get a printer cartridge that had magenta ink. Best Buy does not sell them and it was then she pointed out the page I had handed her was from Office Max. As I left, there was a lady out front w/two clerks and her son that looked about three years old. The clerks had a flat cart w/two huge big screen TV's on it. She wanted help getting them in her car.....she was driving what I would compare to a clown car! Why she thought the would fit in there, I have no clue. I left and got a sandwich then went and got the cartridge and went to J's which was right next door.

I ended up buying five yards of flannel because I'm sure I can whip up bibs before Sunday (hahahaaha....I could hardly hold up my head to eat, my neck hurts so bad). Got the flannel and some buttons and I just now realize several hours after the fact that the reason I went there was for elastic. Right, no elastic was purchased :( .

Next stop was Safeway because I was making homemade chicken noodle soup and needed celery, onion, mushrooms and some breadsticks. Of course, when I went to make the soup, I had forgotten the celery so added potato instead. I was told at dinner by MM that he had never had chicken noodle soup with potatoes before. I said bad things in my head.

Before he left for work, I had him rub Biofreeze on my neck which did nothing. I'm now going to take a muscle relaxant and hope for the best. If crooks come back tonight, they can take the deck for all I care!

This suspicious owl is hitting the nest....................

Andrea F
October 30th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Hi owls! It's already noon in my part of the tree. I've been a grumpy early bird (way too early for me) and night owl this week. Another busy week to come and then everything should hopefully go back to normal. I'm going to prepare a few things to sew on the go for next week. I'll be away from home from Sunday evening to Thursday working and plan to take my small sewing machine with me. Too bad the craftsy pass expires tomorrow. There are quite a few classes left that I would love to watch.

Tomorrow, my sister is going to move. I have to see if I can help her. I refuse to carry furniture down from the second story in one house and up to the second story in the other house. That's what our sons are supposed to help with. I'm good at putting furniture pieces back together, though.

Kim and Pat, I hope you're feeling better soon. Sending warm and fuzzies to everybody!

Hulamoon
October 30th, 2015, 11:12 AM
What a beautiful begonia! I've never seen those kind of elongated flower petals before...gorgeous.
If you ever come across one, it's really easy to propagate. Pick a stem with two leaves and stick it in some water. It took about two weeks to throw out roots. I found out you can do rosemary like that too.

Boy Pat, that wore me out! Did you watch PR? We were right :)

bubba
October 30th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Boy Pat, that wore me out! Did you watch PR? We were right :)

Sure did! They put that one gal in her place. That hat was hideous!!

kimsophia
October 30th, 2015, 06:36 PM
No worries Bubba, I borrowed the power washer so I could do some middle-of-the-night house washing...I'll bring it back tonight :D

bubba
October 30th, 2015, 07:49 PM
No worries Bubba, I borrowed the power washer so I could do some middle-of-the-night house washing...I'll bring it back tonight :D

If it is tonight, tomorrow or Sunday night, be very quiet. He is home those nights and if he hears you, you will meet the wrong end of the barrel!

kimsophia
October 31st, 2015, 01:51 AM
I can't remember which one of you liked sock monkeys but Hobby Lobby is selling giant ones for $50! I'm guessing they are 30 inches tall...

Hulamoon
October 31st, 2015, 01:58 AM
I can't remember which one of you liked sock monkeys but Hobby Lobby is selling giant ones for $50! I'm guessing they are 30 inches tall...

I know Barb (Bubby) like them. She sent me a kit to make one :)

jjkaiser
October 31st, 2015, 02:05 AM
Thank you Bubba that was a hell of a day you had but I loved reading every word! Hope things get better for you!

kimsophia
October 31st, 2015, 02:17 AM
Thanks Hulamoon! I sent her a PM about them! :)

I was in Hobby Lobby because I about fainted when I took my counted cross stitch to be framed at Michael's and they told me their cost would have been OVER $600!!! BUT, with a coupon, the framing was cut to $210.30! ("You Saved $421.60") You are kidding me! I know there were three mats but this is too much!

Hobby Lobby did it with a frame and glass (but no mats!) for $102.50.

Over $600--are they nuts?

bubba
October 31st, 2015, 02:27 AM

I was in Hobby Lobby because I about fainted when I took my counted cross stitch to be framed at Michael's and they told me their cost would have been OVER $600!!! BUT, with a coupon, the framing was cut to $210.30! ("You Saved $421.60") You are kidding me! I know there were three mats but this is too much!

That is why I took a class on how to frame my own!!! The only one I ever paid to have framed was a Jody Bergsma picture I did that took me 15 months to complete. That was back in the day when I would enter them in the fair. I won ribbons on all of them, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and on this one, the one that was my best work ever......nothing! Yes, I am a poor loser and I never entered another after that. I no longer even do it because of my hand problems. I used to find it very relaxing to just sit and do that.

kimsophia
October 31st, 2015, 02:37 AM
Oh I am a sore loser! I don't play games against people, just the computer--and I yell at that, too! lolol

Hulamoon
October 31st, 2015, 02:49 AM

I took a cross stitch into Pictures plus. It was a fairly large one and my dd picked three mats. My uncle made it and she wanted it.They wanted $185.

kimsophia
October 31st, 2015, 02:53 AM
I took a cross stitch into Pictures plus. It was a fairly large one and my dd picked three mats. My uncle made it and she wanted it.They wanted $185.

$185 was more like what I was expecting...at any rate, I feel great that it is finally dropped off at the framers'. I finally got something done, done, done!!! WHEEEE!!! :D

jjkaiser
October 31st, 2015, 01:15 PM
Happy one year anniversary of joining the forum, kimsophia!!! I take everything I read literally so I was glad it was you who borrowed the power washer. Then I thought no maybe you were making a joke? So I pulled up your profile to see if you and Bubba live in the same town, that's when I noticed your join date! But now I don't know if you really borrowed it or was it stolen?!

kimsophia
October 31st, 2015, 01:37 PM
I was just kidding...I'm in Iowa! Also I probably couldn't see to power wash at night in the dark :)

MayinJerset
October 31st, 2015, 02:46 PM
Wow, the cost of framing cross stitch work is out of sight! Awhile ago I had been thinking of having one reframed but now I'm glad I didn't.

It was one that my DIL Debbie made me and it hung in our dining room for many years. Somehow it didn't get rehung after we repainted the dining room a few years ago. The backing paper had torn so I replaced it and sent the crossed sttch in its original frame to DGD Mary who is DIL's oldest DD. DIL Debbie pasted away 2 years ago and I knew her DD Mary would love to have it as a memento of her Mom.

jjkaiser
October 31st, 2015, 05:11 PM
I was just kidding...I'm in Iowa! Also I probably couldn't see to power wash at night in the dark :)

Oh no! Now I feel really bad cuz it was actually stolen! But I thought it was a little strange you would power wash anything in the middle of the night. Duh on me! But like I said I sometimes? Always take things too literally!!