PDA

View Full Version : Catch up.

mom4him
October 29th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Not sure how long it has been since I posted, a while for sure. I have started to post an update several times but seems like I always get interrupted. By the time I get back it all seems old news. I am not giving up this time.:icon_razz:

In the last couple years my husband has had 2 knee replacements and a pace maker put in. Praise God my oldest son has been able to stay out of the hospital or I may have just bought a room. All surgeries were successful so all is well. My husband has also not had to have an er visit since the pace maker except for once when he had the flu.

As many of you may remember we filed for bankruptcy 2 yrs ago and have since realized that we need to do something with our home. We have had it on the market since the middle of April but so far we haven't had any offers. Not sure why as it is almost 3400 sq ft house, simple but well kept. It can easily be duplex-ed. It was a difficult decision to make as it is safe for me(I have multiple chemical sensitivity). The payment is big enough that we will not be able to handle it as it is though.

One to quilting, I have been doing more hand piecing of hexis. I do smaller project and have 3 project in the making. I completed one but gave it to my niece and realized I hadn't taken a picture sooooo. I also have my daughters bat quilt started but haven't gotten very far with it.

My two youngest are going to be 15 and 16 before the end of this year. Really hard to immagine. They are both becoming so........ grown up!

I think of so many of you and pray you are all doing well. I don't get here to check in very often it seems though.

kaydee
October 29th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Have you thought about dividing your house and renting out the other half? Maybe you could apply to one of the HGTV shows that do that sort of thing.

pcbatiks
October 29th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Hi Sandy, good to hear from you. Hoping everything will work out with your house. Sending prayers and a hug. :)

Monique
October 29th, 2015, 10:55 PM
Thinking of you praying that good things happen.

Ginny B
October 29th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Hi Sandy! So good to hear from you. I hope everything works out well for you with the house. Such big decisions. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Jean Sewing Machine
October 29th, 2015, 11:43 PM
So glad to hear from you! Thanks for the update!

auntiemern
October 30th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Glad to have you back.

SallyO'Sews
October 30th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Wonderful to hear from you, Sandy! Thanks for the update; glad your family seems to be doing well. We will pray for the sale of your house.
Hugs and blessings,
~ Sally \0/

judimccl
October 30th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Will say prayers for you all during these trying times.

mom4him
October 30th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Thanks for all you thoughts and prayers. I am learning more every day how to put my trust in my Heavenly Father.

kaydee, we do have the lower part of our home so it can be rented but we need to be able to put around $5000 into it to get it so the air doesn't exchange from the two levels and put a private entrance in. Our middle son can do the work and this is something we are still considering but it will still leave us with a pretty good size payment. We would like to get to where our home, where ever it is, is dept free so our oldest son will have a home once we are gone.

quiltingtrish
October 30th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Good to see you back Sandy. I've got prayers for you and your family. It is good to hear that your son and husband are doing better.