PDA

View Full Version : Please keep grandson in your thoughts

horse_rescue
February 15th, 2010, 10:26 AM
We are getting ready to take my 1 yr old grandson into the hospital. He is having surgery at 1:00 today. His one tube that goes from the kidney to the bladder is not wide enough for the urine to go through so they are going in to widen it. If all goes well (and it will) he will come home tomorrow, if not then we are looking at a long stay.

Please send good thoughts and keep him in your prayers. It will be a tough day for the family. I think it will be tougher on his twin brother, they have never been separated for any length of time.

I'll post tonight when I get back home.

~ Sherry ~

BillNye
February 15th, 2010, 02:07 PM
What a cute little guy. Sounds pretty scary though, thoughts and prayers are definitely going out to him.

Good luck!

sewhot
February 15th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I'll be sending good thoughts all day for that sweet baby! Hope everything goes well. I am sure he will be back home in no time. Lots of love and prayers....

quiltingtrish
February 15th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Awwwh - how's he doing? Since he's probably in recovery by now, I'll put him in my prayers for a speedy one with no problems.

Hugs,
quilting trish

mrswindy4
February 15th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hoping and praying the surgery was a great success and this sweet little baby boy will be home with his brother in no time!

shell.scraps
February 15th, 2010, 08:43 PM
praying the surgery was a sucess!!

horse_rescue
February 16th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Thank you all for so many prayers and thoughts of us today.

Ben's surgery went great. There was a small blockage in his bladder that they took care of first, then moved on to his tube. They had to open up one section of it and stitch it back up but Dr said it was a great success. God kept our little guy safe and sound.

Ben has only slept for about an hour so far, he moves and his catheter pulls so he starts screaming and crying. Poor little man just doesn't understand. He kept wanting to be cuddled by mommy and then by me. I have babysat for him and his other 2 brothers since March of last year, so Ben definitely knows who his nana is.

I wish I could take his pain for him, but once that catheter comes out (Wed) he will feel 100% better.

As for Drew, he was left home alone without his brother, I was told he had a rough day. No mommy, daddy, nana or twin brother so he was not happy. He'll be happy tomorrow, I'll be with him half the day then daddy will come home so I can go back up to the hospital.

Again, thank you all so very much! Your thoughts and prayers meant the world to me.

I'll post when Ben comes home - should be Wednesday.

Lots of hugs to you all!
~ Sherry ~

Attached: Picture of Ben and Drew from last month.

ladybugmom62
February 16th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Thoughts and prayers for him, his brother, parents and you. I hope everything went well. Please let us know! We are here for you.

Vicki
February 16th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I'm sending best wishes and prayers to the little guy and his family. Hope things went well.

horse_rescue
February 16th, 2010, 11:37 PM
(Thought I sent this last night but guess I messed up somehow, so sorry not getting it right so you all would have the update.)

Thank you all for so many prayers and thoughts of us today.

Ben's surgery went great. There was a small blockage in his bladder that they took care of first, then moved on to his tube. They had to open up one section of it and stitch it back up but Dr said it was a great success. God kept our little guy safe and sound.

Ben has only slept for about an hour so far, he moves and his catheter pulls so he starts screaming and crying. Poor little man just doesn't understand. He kept wanting to be cuddled by mommy and then by me. I have babysat for him and his other 2 brothers since March of last year, so Ben definitely knows who his nana is.

I wish I could take his pain for him, but once that catheter comes out (Wed) he will feel 100% better.

As for Drew, he was left home alone without his brother, I was told he had a rough day. No mommy, daddy, nana or twin brother so he was not happy. He'll be happy tomorrow, I'll be with him half the day then daddy will come home so I can go back up to the hospital.

Again, thank you all so very much! Your thoughts and prayers meant the world to me.

I'll post when Ben comes home - should be Wednesday.

Lots of hugs to you all!
~ Sherry ~

patticakes
February 17th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Sherry - Just saw your post today. Hope all went well. My thoughts are with you and your family as I write this, please update when you can.
patticakes

quiltingtrish
February 17th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I'm glad to hear things went well and that he will be home today! I bet his twin couldn't be happier.

Hugs,
quilting trish

Vicki
February 18th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Good news! I'm so glad for little Ben and all of you.