PDA

View Full Version : night owl w/glow in the dark claws.....

bubba
October 29th, 2015, 01:20 AM
Holy schmoley! Our youngest is flying to New York, leaving tonight on the red eye to JFK, then onto Buffalo in the morning. Her sister was supposed to drive her to Sea-Tac (it's only about 30 miles), but was sick so I got elected. This is where you can insert a frowny face, a big fat ugly frowny face!!

I don't see all that well in the dark, and when it rains it only makes it worse. I got to drive the carpool lane going up....coming back I was alone in a dark scary world all by my lonesome. People are idiots. You would think they had never seen rain before. For the moron getting on the freeway from one freeway in front of me, you don't go 40 mph. For the stupid semi drivers, you don't need to drive side by side at 50 mph when the speed limit is 60 mph and you are clogging up the freeway, not only with your trucks, but with the spray you are shooting up.

I will sit here now, in my tree, shaking and quaking and try to calm down......

stationarymom
October 29th, 2015, 01:38 AM
Hoot Pat if i could I would bring you a nice hot drink to help you calm down.My father doesn't like to drive distances any more by himself.I don't blame you for being shook,my husband came home from work tonight and sounded a lot like you.He said people were blowing right past him and it was pouring here then.Did anyone have trouble opening threads last night on the forum?I got on opened a few then I couldn't open anymore my comp kept timing out but it wasn't my comp because it worked on other sites.

bubba
October 29th, 2015, 01:54 AM
I think it was down most of the night for some reason or the other. I don't mind driving distances, but in the dark and rain, that is another story. It can either be dark or rainy, but I don't like them together!

stationarymom
October 29th, 2015, 02:19 AM
I was reading through all the posts from today and I see it must have been down for some reason.The killer is it was right around 1:00am when the dd comes out here and I couldn't see it.I think I should be able to buy yesterdays and todays at the same time for the special price.

kimsophia
October 29th, 2015, 06:59 AM
I couldn't get on the forum 24+ hours ago and then I got a stomach bug and slept all day... :( My guts feel stable now.

I don't drive around at night as rain makes everything shiny and blurry to me. Even though I am on lighted streets, the rain makes seeing very difficult for me. :(

judimccl
October 29th, 2015, 12:24 PM
I can relate for sure. Just started to notice that I DO NOT like night driving any more. When in the heck did this creep up on me!! :icon_wave:

toggpine
October 29th, 2015, 01:55 PM
If I have to drive at night, I prefer to take the truck as it helps keep me above the level of the lights. I'm noticing that I need my reading glasses more often now. I got them when I was doing a lot of paperwork at one of my jobs, but then the problem corrected itself when I changed jobs. Apparently at half way to 90, my eyeballs aren't as flexible as they used to be!

bubba
October 29th, 2015, 03:48 PM
If I have to drive at night, I prefer to take the truck as it helps keep me above the level of the lights. I'm noticing that I need my reading glasses more often now. I got them when I was doing a lot of paperwork at one of my jobs, but then the problem corrected itself when I changed jobs. Apparently at half way to 90, my eyeballs aren't as flexible as they used to be!

I drive a Dodge Nitro, so I am up above the cars too! Ever since I was in that serious car accident, I don't like riding in normal cars as it is too nerve racking for me. We each have an SUV plus the good old truck for camping trips and the dump!

Carolnnc
October 29th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I would have freaked out, parked and called a taxi! You did good to make it back home. I also don't like rain, night driving or highways. I used to be fearless, I swear!