PDA

View Full Version : new tv shows you're liking??

bubba
October 28th, 2015, 10:30 PM
So far, I'm enjoying the comedy 'The Grinder'. Another I am liking a lot is 'Code Black'. It reminds me of 'ER' on steroids.

I'm sure there are more, but these are two I remember right now.

Hulamoon
October 28th, 2015, 10:48 PM
Brand new.. Iv'e been watching Limitless (it has Bradly Cooper here and there) Yum. Blindspot is pretty good too.

Pandabear
October 28th, 2015, 10:54 PM
Blindspot and Scream Queens. I'm watching Quantico as well but I'm finding it so-so.

Altairss
October 28th, 2015, 10:55 PM
For new been watching Blindspot and Really liking code Black new to me my kids got us hooked on Scorpion.

Pandabear
October 28th, 2015, 11:26 PM
Scorpion is wonderful. I adore Toby. And Happy.

Sylvia H
October 28th, 2015, 11:35 PM
The only new show I am watching is Limitless. Won't watch Quantico - my husband had an affair when he was training there! Code Black - nah, I stopped watching Grey's Anatomy awhile ago, and don't want to go there again. I find it hard to get involved in the newer comedies - must be my age.

Snip Snip
October 28th, 2015, 11:38 PM
I like Blindspot, but I wish they would slow down just a bit. I miss a lot of what they are saying or doing because of their background noise and quick scene changes. Same with Madam Secretary. If you miss 20 seconds of it, you are lost.

FabStripper
October 28th, 2015, 11:52 PM
I just started watching Madam Secretary and The Goodwife. And I love me some Scorpion, Code Black and always will watch NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles and New Orleans. And theres a new one that I am supposed to be watching about a rich rancher I think?

Hulamoon
October 28th, 2015, 11:59 PM
I haven't watched comedies in a long time.They all seem so silly. I like the Chicago shows and they are adding a third. I'll probably pick that one up.

SewnByBee
October 29th, 2015, 12:14 AM
Sun night Madam Secretary, Good Wife
The Voice Mon & Tues nights (get my Blake Shelton Fix)
My FAVORITE -The Black List Thursday nights, at 800 pm..........guys watch other shows?
Jenny's tutorials
Sat. Sewing With Nacy 1:30, Fons and Porter 2:o0 &

Alabama FOOTBALL- Roll Tide !!!

This is my TV Life at night

Dayrime Y&R , Bold and Beautiful

Mostly listen while I sew.

toggpine
October 29th, 2015, 12:41 AM
Die hard NCIS fan here too! We like Scorpion as well.
The new shows I like are Code Black and I'm intrigued by Limitless. Time will tell if they can hold my interest. I do wish Code Black wasn't on after Crimimal Minds. It's kind of late, and CM wierds me out these days.

Pandabear
October 29th, 2015, 12:42 AM
I watch way too much TV... All the NCIS shows. Criminal Minds is my favorite show, followed very closely by Supernatural. Faceoff and Project Runway are in there. Elementary, Grimm, Persons of Interest. The Flash and Arrow. Let's not forget Castle. Watching Fargo and Heroes Reborn. Oh, and Hawaii 5-0. The Big Bang Theory is my only comedy. CSI Cyber is good too.

I like the mid season shows too - Major Crimes and Rizzoli and Isles.

Way WAY to much TV. I haven't even touched on all the SyFy network shows.

jjkaiser
October 29th, 2015, 12:49 AM
I am not liking any new tv shows, seems the older ones were so much better. Loved Brothers & Sisters when it was on, also Desperate Housewives even tho it was ridiculously silly at times. I catch reruns once in awhile of Ev Loves Raymond boy that Marie always makes me laugh!

Midge
October 29th, 2015, 12:52 AM
New shows I like are Limitless and Blindspot. Don't do sitcoms and haven't for years. Just don't appeal any more. Like Sylvia said, maybe it's my age. Exception to that rule is iZombie. I had to give a zom com a try. It's adorable. It's not new, but The Good Wife is an excellent show still after all these seasons.

GuitarGramma
October 29th, 2015, 01:55 AM
I have two: HGTV's Fixer Upper and CBS' s brand new Supergirl. Oh, it had me smiling for a full hour. The actress who plays Supergirl is absolutely delightful.

Hulamoon
October 29th, 2015, 02:57 AM
I forgot The Player. I think three episodes so far. I'll stick with it for now but the stories just repeat a little.

MomGram
October 29th, 2015, 05:13 AM
I'm also enjoying Blindspot and Limitless. Have Supergirl and Heros saved on my DVR so will check them out soon. Can't miss shows for me are all of the NCIS shows, Criminal Minds and Agents of Sheild. I didn't know Project Runway was still on I need to find out when it airs here. Ohhh and I enjoy the cooking show Master Chief.

kimsophia
October 29th, 2015, 07:02 AM
I also really like Supergirl. That actress is perfectly charming and fun.

Monique
October 29th, 2015, 10:07 AM
You mean there are new shows? I don't sit and watch a lot of tv. When hubby is around all he watches is sports mostly. During non sport hours, he watches Canadian Pickers, which I like too.

Blindspot and Code Black are being downloaded every week for a marathon watching. Y & R is also downloaded every day. I am so behind in that show but at least I can watch it when I have time.

I will have to check out Limitless.

Pandabear
October 29th, 2015, 12:21 PM
I forgot Bones and Sleepy Hollow. They are having cross over episodes tonight!

sewluvit
October 29th, 2015, 01:16 PM
I also like Limitless and Blindspot. Quantico is harder to follow for me. And maybe it's my age but most sitcoms don't do much for me.

Midge
October 29th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the reminder about Supergirl. I had DVR'd it and forgotten it aired. Cute show. I'll watch it again. Agree with others that the lead actress is so positive and cheerful you can't help but like her. Strong villains, too.

GuitarGramma
October 29th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the reminder about Supergirl. I had DVR'd it and forgotten it aired. Cute show. I'll watch it again. Agree with others that the lead actress is so positive and cheerful you can't help but like her. Strong villains, too.
Wasn't it great?

Check out my album and you'll see I'm a Superman nut! I even run the Web site for the man who played Superman on Broadway.

everest123
October 29th, 2015, 02:57 PM
New shows? I don't have time to watch all my old faves (Black List, Mysteries of Laura, Big Bang Theory, anything on HGTV) and now there are new shows to sink my time? i still have like 8 episodes on the DVR from LAST season of Grey's Anatomy I haven't watched! If only I could fit my sewing machine in the TV room . . . or vice versa!

CraftyBarb
October 29th, 2015, 08:24 PM
I don't watch any of new shows. Just stick with the NCIS shows...Hawaii five 0 both the old and new...survivor (though it gets a bit boring) Love the Amazing race to see all the places they go. I do like a lot of the old old shows. We have a channel here called decades and they play a lot of old shows and also do weekend long marathons. This weekend is Dark Shadows. I remember coming home from school years ago and could not wait to watch this.

Carolnnc
October 29th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Quilting Arts and Love of Quilting on PBS. Impatiently waiting for the last season of Downton Abbey. Burnt out on the Voice and Big Bang Theory. I do like 48 hours and Dateline. We ditched Direct TV in April due to the cost. I ordered up Netflix about 2 months ago and oh la la! I've never been much of a tv person but I love Netflix (pause that show: yes I think I will & no commercials: why thank you). I like British tv and have more than I can watch now. I have all the Christmas movies loaded into my list which has my hubby rolling his eyes. (I'm known to burst into Jingle Bells any time of the year)

aliaslaceygreen
October 29th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Quantico and Good Wife and Madame Secretary and Code Black....Very looking forward to Elementary coming back, and there is a series on Starz about ballet in NYC that we want to check out when it starts in November.

kensington
October 29th, 2015, 10:38 PM
We like Madam Secretary, and Last Ship.

CSI ended forever last week. I've watched it since Season 1 Episode 1, now it's gone.

We are giving up on Criminal Minds... it's just too sick for me the last year.

Since I had my surgery I have watched and caught up on all 10 seasons of Bones. VERY upset that Sweets died.

For me... I still get a kick out of watching reruns of "Everybody loves Raymond".

Right now, we are deep in baseball everynight. For most people the season is over... But, we just WON game TWO of the World Series!! GO ROYALS!! WOOT! WOOT!

kimsophia
October 30th, 2015, 01:58 AM
I don't watch any of new shows. Just stick with the NCIS shows...Hawaii five 0 both the old and new...survivor (though it gets a bit boring) Love the Amazing race to see all the places they go. I do like a lot of the old old shows. We have a channel here called decades and they play a lot of old shows and also do weekend long marathons. This weekend is Dark Shadows. I remember coming home from school years ago and could not wait to watch this.

I was soooooo in love with Barnabas! :) I even have a Josette's music box!

Navy Wife
October 30th, 2015, 11:25 AM
I watched a few minutes of the new shows and turned them off. I think Code Black might be OK, but it's too loud and action is too fast for me. NCIS and all it's spin offs, and Big Bang Theory are about all we watch. BBT is starting to get old. We have METV from a local digital station. I watch that most of the time. Perry Mason and Quincy, and all the old westerns like Gunsmoke and Bonanza, plus MASH, which I could watch all day! I'm almost like my youngest DS and Star Trek. He watched the Star Trek episodes so much he could say the dialogue along with the actors. I have even found Jag on a station called INSP. I'm too old to get used to the language and sex that is the basis of most of the new shows. I still remember the uproar when Archie Bunker said a few choice words!

SusanMarie1956
October 31st, 2015, 01:38 PM
As always we watch all 3 NCIS's ... But I also like Limitless & Code Black.

Susan

Pandabear
November 1st, 2015, 12:54 AM
I just tried Supergirl tonight. Didn't thrill me. However, I chuckled when I saw Dean Caine make a cameo. That was fun.

GuitarGramma
November 1st, 2015, 02:00 AM
Yep, that was Dean Caine, former Superman, as Supergirl's foster dad. And the actress who played Supergirl's foster mom was Helen Slater who'd played Supergirl in the 1980s Supergirl movie. I was beside myself to see those two!

Juliet Taylor
November 1st, 2015, 07:12 AM
Since I had my surgery I have watched and caught up on all 10 seasons of Bones. VERY upset that Sweets died.

Arrrgh this is a huge spoiler! Why I mean Why did I open this thread reading all of it? Here we have season 9 running :(

(don't worry I'm not mad, just teasing!)

I used to love The Big Bang Theory but I gotta say that the last seasons are just blah. Nah. It's very sad. But of course that's my opinion.
I want to watch Csi Cyber because in the cast there are James Van Der Beek and Ted Danson that I adore! But not yet started
As anyone ever seen Devious Maids? it's basically Desperate Housewives with the help as lead characters. I loved it! Can't wait for the next season!!!

Yep, that was Dean Caine, former Superman, as Supergirl's foster dad. And the actress who played Supergirl's foster mom was Helen Slater who'd played Supergirl in the 1980s Supergirl movie. I was beside myself to see those two!

I adored him! As a kid I had such a crush on him :) I've seen him doing a cameo in another serie, I was like.. "Oh my!" I still watch sometimes the serie where he was Superman!

irishrn
November 1st, 2015, 10:10 AM
My list is too long: scandal, how to get away w/ murder, Madame Sec, limitless, scorpion, Bones, Castle, mysteries of Laura, Criminal Minds, Greys Anatomy, Quantico, Big Bang Theory, Hawaii 5-O, Life in pieces,Rosewood, CSI cyber, Blue Bloods, the good wife.

I tried grandfather but didn't like it. I catch Rizzoli and Isles and Major Crimes off season. And The Ship during the summer.

Pandabear
November 1st, 2015, 11:35 AM
Major Crimes is back on this week.

Editing to add, as are The Librarians!

ceiliam
November 1st, 2015, 11:45 AM
Haven't watched new shows. Love Hawaii five 0 scorpion NCIS LA. aND BASKETBALL...LOVE MY UTAH JAZZ...GO JAZZ. Ok admit love BASKETBALL. And love the ols western, love me some John Wayne and the wonderful old stars.

Hulamoon
November 3rd, 2015, 06:52 PM
I think I figured out why some of the comedies don't appeal to me. It's the laugh tracks. James Brolin was on the Today show this morning and he's starring in a new show coming up. He said he wouldn't do laugh tracks or a live audience. I forget the name but am looking forward to it. He lived in my neighborhood when he was on Marcus Welby, M.D.. He gave out the big bars at Halloween. :icon_happy:

easyquilts
November 3rd, 2015, 09:24 PM
I don't have cable anymore, but I fo have Netflix and Hulu.... Blindspot and Wusntico are teo good new shows... I let them pile up, do I can binge watch...

Carlie Wolf
November 3rd, 2015, 10:51 PM
I enjoy the two Chef ones, Master Chef and Master Chef Jr, Blacklist, Criminal Minds. Sometimes I'll watch Chicago Fire and Chicago PD. I don't have access to much since I got angry with the Dish Provider and now only keep the mostly local channels. I can't even get Project Runway anymore :-( I do have Netflix though. Netflix bought the first three seasons of Persons of Interest, I guess this year and I Love, Love, Love that. What I don't understand is that supposedly it's on one of the major channels and yet it doesn't seem to come in on mine. Now I have to wait for Netflix to get Season 4. I also love love love Vikings each year but I guess that's not until around March 1916 and love House of Cards each year when they put those episodes up.