PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday, middle of the week day AGAIN!

Monique
October 28th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Middle of the week days seem to be coming too quickly. Hard to believe it is almost the end of the month AGAIN. We just had the end of September last week, didn't we?

A VERY late start here this morning, as I was unable to log in to the forum. These things can't happen. Where would I be without all of you?

It seems as if today is going to be a nasty rain day, apparently coming from Hurricane Patricia. It hasn't started yet.

Last night I cut out 7 patterns to make rice bags. I will try and get those sewn today. I slept very little last night, I awoke to almost throwing up. I was awake most of the night and then got into Pinterest. I was looking for patterns for Barbies and hankies and I spent 3 hours or more looking. OYE!! Found a great place to print some patterns.

Prayers going out to those who need them.

Bouse
October 28th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Thank goodness you are all back again. My day went all out of sorts when I couldn't log on here this morning.

Monique
October 28th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Thank goodness you are all back again. My day went all out of sorts when I couldn't log on here this morning.

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubby
October 28th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Morning Everyone,

I had trouble getting into the Forum part of the M* site earlier. I knew Al would be busy fixing things for us.

Jeff's Aunt Kathleen passed yesterday after suffering a severe stroke Saturday. Many thanks to those who prayed for her. We haven't been notified about any arrangements yet.

It's quite gloomy today. We had rain all night and it should continue off and on all day. I'm hemming binding on a small quilt today. I also need to make some dog biscuits for the Girls.

Yes, it seems this year has flown by. It seem like yesterday I was happy I was September and nowThanksgiving is next month!

Take care and have a good day frends!

ceiliam
October 28th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Good morning rice bags funny you should mention that...last nite I walked out to living room and could not figure what was all over the floor. Yep you guessed it My dog had gotten my rice bad and chewed the heck out it ..took long time to clean it up. Good thing I love the little monster.
Cookies all made for open house got to get house cleaned lots of family comming to town.
Need to finish quilting a quilt, my sister said she would do binding. Taking her up on that hate to do binding.
Hope all have a great day. Prayers and hugs to all need them.

Sylvia H
October 28th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Good morning - I am someone else who has been trying to get onto the forum this AM. May also started a good Wednesday morning thread - so I am replying to both!

Monique, do you have a pattern you can share for the rice bags? I had one, but I lost it when an older computer died on me. It is wet and cold here. I am going to stay inside and keep warm and dry. A few chores and piecing/quilting are planned for today.

Carol336
October 28th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Well it''s now afternoon....at least it is in my neck of the woods. I couldn't log on either this am.....had to leave the house without my M* fix....but I did get my cofee, so all was not lost.

I'm probably the only one who doesn't know what a rice bag is......I'm thinking you heat it somehow and put it somewhere on your body.....am I far off?????

Got a boatload of microwave potato bags cut out yesterday......a few more to go and I'm ready to start sewing them up......I'm giving them to everyone for christmas.....I think I'm making about 40 of them.

Have a great day everyone.

dwil23
October 28th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Good "morning" all! I figured it had to be a problem on the forum since everything else seems to work. - boy do we miss it when it's gone.

Yes, another week is quickly over like Monique says. This year will soon be history. It truly seems like just a few months ago when everyone was talking about Y2K, and that has been 16 years ago now.

Barb, so sorry to hear about Jeff's aunt. Prayers for the whole family. Celia, long story short, our doxie, Roxie, was missing one. Looked and looked for her.Walked the neighborhood crying, hysterical, and couldn't find her. I could not figure out how she could have gotten out of the house. I went back to look everywhere one more time. There she was - under my son's bed with an almost empty bag of rice that she was guarding. That was a few years ago, and now she is a very senior little dog. She is at the moment having a dental done and that makes me nervous. They called and said they need to remove 3 teeth, and she has already lost several. I will pick her up about 4. I am getting ready to go visit my long lost quilting buddy. I haven't seen her for weeks. I have some goodies I brought back from the trip for her. On the way to her house, I will swing by the local thrift store that marks down everything that has been there for a certain period to 50 cents at the end of the month. I have picked up at least a dozen 100% cotton shirts there recently. I will someday do a scrappy plaid quilt ala Bonnie Hunter, if I live long enough.

Update on my coworker who was hit by the car: She underwent multiple surgeries yesterday for multiple injuries and is in ICU. We have heard that along with numerous broken bones she had massive internal injuries and lost a portion of her colon. She will be a very long time recovering from this and continued prayers will be much appreciated.

Have a great rest of the day! I hope to be able to keep my eye open long enough to finish Sawyer's quilt this evening, but that probably won't happen.

SewnByBee
October 28th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Good MORNING/ Noon,

What a weird start to the day, no M *, I thought, We went and blew up the forum with IDEAS, like we All tried to get on at the same time or something. Lol.

Hope you all have a grate and wonderful day.120134

Simply Quilting
October 28th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Update on my coworker who was hit by the car: She underwent multiple surgeries yesterday for multiple injuries and is in ICU. We have heard that along with numerous broken bones she had massive internal injuries and lost a portion of her colon. She will be a very long time recovering from this and continued prayers will be much appreciated.

Continuing prayers for your co-worker.

judimccl
October 28th, 2015, 05:56 PM
So sorry to hear of Jeff's Aunt passing. Praying for God to wrap his arms around you all and give you some comfort during this sad time.

judimccl
October 28th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Donna, will continue to say prayers for your co-worker. May God watch over her.