PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, a brand new day

Monique
October 27th, 2015, 06:01 AM
Good morning friends. I had a very busy day yesterday. Two loads of laundry, two major dump runs, washed the kitchen floor and general stuff. Oh yes, spent a half hour sawing away at a bolt for hubby that he needed to be the right length. What I don't do for that man.

Spoke with Bonnie yesterday and we are having retail therapy on Friday. 😁

Today I would like to get into my sewing room for some sewing therapy.

Last night was spent watching quilting with a walking foot on craftsy. What a great class.

Well, have a great day everyone.

dwil23
October 27th, 2015, 06:09 AM
Good Morning all!

Not much to report, except my car I spent a lot of $$ on last Thursday has bit the dust again. This may be the last time. DD was busy yesterday while I was trying to sleep looking at cars and applying for loans to see what I can do. I really don't want a car payment, but it's not the end of the world. A small problem in light of so many others,that are so much worse. I just try to count my Blessings every day. And smile - because Blondie says to!

Hope you all have a Blessed day - prayers for those in need.

Juliet Taylor
October 27th, 2015, 06:21 AM
Good Morning! Wishing you only the best :)

I need to rant a little because I'm once again sick :( I have Labyrinthitis which means I feel like my head spins all the time (mostly in the morning, the afternoon gets better) because of an ear infection.
I don't want to be sick! I'm so incredibly tired of this! Of course this is not dangerous, I have a medicine and in a few days I'll be better but I can't work, I can't sew, I basically can do nothing beside sleeping, staying on the computer a little and trying to watch a movie. I HATE IT!

Wishing you a pleasant day! Here we have a sunny and gorgeous day, hope you'll have the same :)

Monique
October 27th, 2015, 07:37 AM
Good Morning! Wishing you only the best :)

I need to rant a little because I'm once again sick :( I have Labyrinthitis which means I feel like my head spins all the time (mostly in the morning, the afternoon gets better) because of an ear infection.
I don't want to be sick! I'm so incredibly tired of this! Of course this is not dangerous, I have a medicine and in a few days I'll be better but I can't work, I can't sew, I basically can do nothing beside sleeping, staying on the computer a little and trying to watch a movie. I HATE IT!

Wishing you a pleasant day! Here we have a sunny and gorgeous day, hope you'll have the same :)

Juliet, I hope you feel better soon.

Bubby
October 27th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Morning Everyone,

Today I need to bake dog biscuits for the Girls. They are almost down to crumbs and they don't behave very well without their treats. I first need to make a quick trip to town for the bananas. The worst thing about making their cookies is the mess I make making them.

Yesterday I started binding a table runner and will finish it today and hopefully get the binding sewn on the Curved Log Cabin. We will see how the day progresses.

Jeff's aunt will likely pass today or tomorrow. She's on hospice and in the final stages of organ failure after the stroke she suffered Saturday. My MIL was close to her and this will be sad for her.

]uliet, I hope you feel better soon. It must be awful having your head spin all the time. Hang in there.
Donna, sorry about your car. Those things really aggravate me. Good luck finding a new vehicle.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.....with hugs.

songbird857
October 27th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Morning all...
Barb - I would love the recipe for the dog biscuits if you have a minute! If the bananas go in the biscuits, Ella will be in Heaven - that girl looooooves her some bananas...
Juliet - feel better :)
Donna - I hope you find a great car...
Monique - I'm going to be sad when the all access ends. I didn't have much time to watch last week, but I'm going to cram while I sew this week ;)

I'm on row number 4 of my quilt, so I should be able to finish the rows and maybe even get the top assembled today. I'm taking it slowly because the top consists of triangles, so I'm trying to line everything up the first time so I don't have to rip... we'll see how it goes when I put the rows together! I also just threw a load of laundry in - trying to get my bedroom in order. It seems that it is always the last room to get the attention that it needs :)
I hope everyone has a great day!!

MayinJerset
October 27th, 2015, 09:50 AM
Lots to do today but I haven't begun moving to do anything, maybe another cup of coffee will get me going. Better get some warmer clothes out as the temps are getting lower each day. I have a few old knit tops that are Ok to wear around the house but I need some better looking things to wear outside. Maybe a clothes shopping trip will solve that problem. I do have a 30% off coupon for Kohl's.120067

SewnByBee
October 27th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Good Morning Friends, and all.

My My, Monique, some retail therapy sounds good.
I love warm boots, can never seem to have enough
I need a gray pair. I warout the bootie style boots. I have
Found a brand called bare trapper, and the are so warm and cumfey , they make
winter bearable, for me.

Could luck on the car hunt Donna.

Barb , you and your family are in my prayers.( HUGS ).

Songbird, you go girl !!! Your getting it done.
FYI... you don't want to see my room, looks like the closet Explained cloths out, all over my room😛.

I'll be working more on Coca-Cola gifts, there gonna be nice, I feel really good about them. I will share as soon
as I get done. I'm Soooo Slow sometimes.

Have a good day and Blessings to you all.

KPH
October 27th, 2015, 10:42 AM
I'll be Good Nighting with Irene again today. (I really needed a hexie break.) My rotary cutter is ready the mat is on the kitchen island, I have a long, long, long strip of 2 - 2 1/2" strips to cut into 4 patches. Then a whole bunch of pressing to do.

Laundry is started, rain is falling, might as well get cutting... once I look up Christmas Lights at Biltmore Estates. I'm pretty sure that's what the DH and I are going to do for our Christmas this year.

Have a wonderful day. Stay safe if you're in the rain's path. It sounds like the leaves falling are making the roads around here a real mess.

Angelia
October 27th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Juliet--feel better soon. That dizzy feeling is the worst!

Good day to all.

Grandma Nan
October 27th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Hi folks
Had another injection in my leg today and now don't have to go back til December, unless it starts bothering me again. I can't believe how much pain I suffered for so long waiting to see this guy and he cures it with a few injections last week and few this week. The difference is unbelievable. I can see why he is busy.

Going to sew and organize my fabric a bit today. I did lots of cooking on the weekend so we will just have left overs tonight. That is such a joy to me. I love leftovers.

Juliet I hope your ear gets better soon and Donna hope you find a car. May you lucky thing. Having a 30% coupon at Kohls. I love shopping there. Its my favourite. Bubby, sorry to hear about your aunt. It is always a difficult time even when it is expected. To everyone else have a great day on whatever project you are working on.

Keep smiling.

judimccl
October 27th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Will say some special prayers for a speedy recovery. :icon_wave:

ceiliam
October 27th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Morning all Juliet so sorry get feeling better soon, Grandma Nan glad injections are working.
More baking cookies today, for Moms open house for her 9055th birthday party hopefully some sewing today and some cleaning. Hope all have a wonderful day