PDA

View Full Version : 😃 Let's chat.....

SewnByBee
October 26th, 2015, 02:25 PM
BIG NEWS, .........guess what ?

..........looks like............another wedding...........yep, ............. in the near future..........my

daughter............she's...........ENGAGED....... .......Looks like it will be our turn..........well they've been together
for three years now.

We were driving home, from a wedding talking about how long it would be before ours would be getting married,. We get home, and they shared the news, they want to get married. They will be good together. He's
a hard working young man, and a good O country boy, with good taste too. He picked a beautiful ring for her.
I'm very happy for them. Gosh I better get busy. I always wanted to make a double wedding ring quilt.

What's the pattern you use. I thought Jenny was going to put one out .Has anyone seen it ? Chim in, suggestions or TIPS would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for letting me share our good news. 

Carol336
October 26th, 2015, 02:30 PM
WOW - what great news.....you must be walking on air. Have they picked a date?

asta
October 26th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Congrats and happy planning!
I never made a double wedding ring, good luck with it-may all your stitches be true.

SewnByBee
October 26th, 2015, 03:02 PM
They said they're ready, and after the three weddings she participated in She said Quite, small, simple, with the ones closet to them, or they'll elope. So I guess, I like option One best.

BobW
October 26th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Congratulations! Hope you have fun in planning it.

Midge
October 26th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Congratulations to your family on this wonderful news. May they have many happy years together. I've never made a double wedding ring, so I can't offer anything helpful. I'm sure someone will come along with a wonderful solution to this great problem to have!

CraftyJnet
October 26th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Happy news! Congratulations to your family.

Lori63
October 26th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Congrats! It's always exciting when they get married to someone you like!!! I've never made a double wedding quilt either, but it is one of my favs. Good luck!

Splinter
October 26th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Quilt in a Day has a double wedding ring video that is appliqued. However, Jenny does not have a video. She said she would never do a Double Wedding ring tutorial unless she could figure out an easy way to do one. As of July of this year, she said she had not figured that out. I have not heard her speak about this since, but she and her team are amazing. You never know what they will come up with.

judimccl
October 26th, 2015, 04:59 PM
Congratulations on your daughter's engagement - always such an exciting time. :icon_wave:

KPH
October 26th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Congrats! Happy Planning!

MayinJerset
October 26th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Wonderful News - Best Wishes to the happy couple.120053

SewnByBee
October 26th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Thanks for joining in our happy news.

The past few years have been pretty sad for us, it feels good to be sharing something so good.

The Happy Dance is on ........

alliek
October 26th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Beautiful Ring! Beautiful occasion. Congratulations. Many Blessings

dwil23
October 26th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Congrats to the Mother of the Bride!

I would suggest the paper pieced method for the double wedding ring. You buy the foundation papers preprinted. That should help to keep them all nice and uniform. I have not done one, either, but this is how I plan to do one, if I ever do!

irishrn
October 26th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Congratulations, beautiful ring! I'd watch the QID video and get some ideas!

SewnByBee
October 26th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Congrats to the Mother of the Bride!

I would suggest the paper pieced method for the double wedding ring. You buy the foundation papers preprinted. That should help to keep them all nice and uniform. I have not done one, either, but this is how I plan to do one, if I ever do!

Thank you Donna.
where did you find the pre marked paper ?

I had saved and lost a link to what was referred to as piecelaquae, for the double wedding ring, is that what your referring too ?
I think it would be very helpful.

I lost my saved ideas when my Kindle crashed. Thanks for all your help friendses.......Bee

Jean Sewing Machine
October 26th, 2015, 10:32 PM
How exciting! No DWR tutorial yet from Jenny. Don't think that pattern is precut friendly! But there are lots of patterns out there to make a difficult pattern easier. I think several forum members have used the Quilt In A Day version.

Kgrammiecaz
October 26th, 2015, 11:22 PM
Wow the ring is gorgeous. Congratulations to all. I want to make that quilt someday soon, bit not sure what process I would use.

SewnByBee
October 26th, 2015, 11:29 PM
I wonder, has anyone used the accuquilt dies for the Go Baby , to make the double wedding ring quilt ?

FabStripper
October 26th, 2015, 11:56 PM
Congratulations to your DD and your future DSIL and to you all. I just seen a double wedding ring done with just sewing blocks together and you put a arc on top of that and cut it out. It looked real simple. I'll see if I can find it in my history screen. No paper and no turning with interfacing which is how I thought I was going to make mine.

stationarymom
October 27th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Congratulations on the future wedding.How exciting I hope she involves you in her plans.I started a Double wedding ring I had all the rings made but it is in a ufo pile now.

SallyO'Sews
October 27th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Congratulations, Mama, and best wishes to the bride! Her young man clearly has great taste in both women and jewelry! That is one lovely ring. Enjoy the journey - hope you are blessed by every minute of it.

easyquilts
October 27th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Great news...and a beautiful ring.... Have fun planning the wedding!

SewnByBee
October 27th, 2015, 01:26 PM
THANK so much,
I am happy for these two.
He's a keeper.
Being grateful to have such a good and hard working young man,
to add to our family 😃.

dwil23
October 27th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Thank you Donna.
where did you find the pre marked paper ?

I had saved and lost a link to what was referred to as piecelaquae, for the double wedding ring, is that what your referring too ?
I think it would be very helpful.

I lost my saved ideas when my Kindle crashed. Thanks for all your help friendses.......Bee

I am still looking for a source for the paper - but here is a youtube video in the meantime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCoX_7Bzo5o

dwil23
October 27th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Here's one,

Amazon.com: Judy Niemeyer 'Grandma's Wedding Ring' Foundation Paper Piecing Quilt Pattern (http://www.amazon.com/Judy-Niemeyer-Grandmas-Wedding-Foundation/dp/B007UD7LDY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445980220&sr=8-1&keywords=quilt+foundation+paper+double+wedding+rin g)

but still not the papers alone, and I know I have seen them somewhere.

dwil23
October 27th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Okay - here is a free pdf. from free spirit fabrics to download and make copies!

http://www.freespiritfabric.com/graphic-elements/gallerys/t97_1.pdf

Complete with instructions!