PDA

View Full Version : Sewing question, not quilting - pillow forms?

AnnieF
October 26th, 2015, 12:23 PM
I am washing the cushion covers for the back of my sofa (basically a bunch of 24x24 pillows) and the insides are garbage - just a bunch of wadding of some kind without even a cover on it.

I had replaced some before with cheap inserts from somewhere and they're really lumpy - there's just one that I clearly got from another store that held its shape, but I have no idea where I got either the good one or the bad ones!

Does anyone have suggestions for a good quality pillow insert that can take a lot of use and not get too lumpy too quickly? It needs to be sturdy - not like down - since, as I said, it serves as the backing of my sofa.

I will appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

toggpine
October 26th, 2015, 01:00 PM
I've had good luck with the inserts from JoAnn. I think they are made by Fairfield.
We bought the 27" ones to make floor pillows out of fleece. I have been using them pretty much daily for at least 8 years. Are they as fluffy as the day I bought them? No, but two kids use them for everything you can imagine. They have kept their shape and loft remarkably well.
They weren't the cheap ones, but I bought them at the holiday sales and they weren't too bad then.

Have you given thought to using the ultra firm bed pillows, or are you hoping to reuse the current covers? Could you squeeze the bed pillows into the existing cover?

Good luck with your search!

toggpine
October 26th, 2015, 02:30 PM
You might also check Walmart, especially online. I bought a couple of pillow forms in store for a fraction of what Joanns was offering them, even on sale. They only had 16 or 18 inch size in the store though. They may have more sizes online.

SallyO'Sews
October 26th, 2015, 02:45 PM
I bought a bunch from Wawak.com. I was very impressed with the quality, price, and service. Much less expensive than JoAnn's, even with a coupon and having to pay for shipping. You'll need to do a search; just type "pillow" in the box. Have fun!

shirleyknot
October 26th, 2015, 05:31 PM
www.fairfieldworld.com