PDA

View Full Version : Babylock Ellisimo

Genny
November 6th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Does anyone on here own the Babylock Ellisimo and if so how do you like it. Is it easy or complicated to use? What do you like or dislike the most about it? Thanks for any info...Genny

InGodzHndz
November 6th, 2011, 01:12 AM
I have the Ellure and L.O.V.E it! Babylock makes really great machines, and I'd say if you can afford it, go for it! The Ellisimo would be a dream to own! I went to the website and compared mine with it and swooned! lol
I love what I have and it's perfect for me, but if I had a sewing business, the Ellisimo would be the Bomb!

Genny
November 6th, 2011, 01:55 AM
I actually went to the website, a few minutes ago, and checked out your Ellure and LOVE it too! Did I read that it comes with just 1 Embroidery hoop and if so can you purchase other sizes for it?

InGodzHndz
November 6th, 2011, 03:37 AM
YES! I've bought probably about 3 additional sizes (maybe 2, can't remember), and several different feet, including my beloved walking foot. They tend to be spendy from our dealer, but I've not attempted to purchase from anywhere else. I don't want to go through the hassle of having something not fit properly.
The Ellure was a great price, even cheaper than my mom and aunt's (they had to get identical machines!), The Quilter.
The one thing I wish I had was a table to set my machine in (like the Koala's) or even the extended table thingy. For now, just the machine is fine, but maybe someday....

I love that the warranty on a BL is 25 years, and I love that I have a local dealer.
I got a BL serger from the same place in January--after having it on layaway for about 3 years! Montavilla (local dealer) was great with their very lenient layaway program. $20 here, $25 there, etc....!

Good luck with whatever machine you go with. :)

InGodzHndz
November 6th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Oh, wanted to mention that if you go for one of these, the little circle monogramming hoop is a waste of $. There's really not much you can do with it, and anything you use it for, you can use one of the larger hoops.

Genny
November 6th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks for all your help and info, but my heart keeps dragging me back to the Janome 11000SE...:0

Sandy Navas
November 6th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Thanks for all your help and info, but my heart keeps dragging me back to the Janome 11000SE...:0

Genny, have you looked here: http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp12300.html

Genny
November 6th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks Sandy, I'm going to check it out.

InGodzHndz
November 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM

Can't help you there! All I've really ever had was a Kenmore (puke green) 1950's monster (still have it, and it still works!), a White for a short time and my Babylocks.
Good luck finding a machine that you will fall in love with! There's lots out there, so you got lots of fishies to try!