PDA

View Full Version : Crafty Night Owl

kimsophia
October 26th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Hootie hoot! I'm downloading Craftsy class materials before my month long pass is up...it's taking a while because I'm downloading a bunch of them! I'm also watching "The Shakiest Gun in the West" with Don Knotts which is making me LOL...

How's things in your tree? @,@

Hulamoon
October 26th, 2015, 02:02 AM
I'm doing the same thing, but watching The Walking Dead.

I'm wondering how all these instuctors agreed to let their classes go for free? Get people to buy them later? Or weeding out what's not popular. That wasn't very positive was it? lol

Granny Judy
October 26th, 2015, 02:14 AM
Finished putting together (sandwiches) for 2 table runners and a set (4) place mats. Hopefully I will get them quilted tomorrow. It is just too chilly tonight to do much else. Got my electric blanket on the bed and the little Pup to keep me warm.. I do like my comforts and made a cup of hot tea. flannel pj's and I'll be headed to my Warm Nest soon.

pcbatiks
October 26th, 2015, 02:16 AM
Hello fellow "Craftsy class cramming night owls".......well that was a mouth full! :D Ditto......doing the same thing here too! :D

This has been fun and taxing on my brain at the same time. Feeling pretty awake right now...guess I should go check out a few more.

I keep wondering what's going to take place after the end of October. Wonder if they are going to put out a whole bunch of new classes. I did get a survey type email from Craftsy about one of the Mexican food classes. I haven't answered it yet because I haven't finished the class. Just curious.......what kinds of classes do you'll wished they had?

I would like to see a few more art quilt classes of different types from teachers that have successful class around the country.

Well...back to craftsy land.................................

toggpine
October 26th, 2015, 02:23 AM
Elephant ears and trunk construction are complete! Now I have to attach the ears to the hood, and I'll need Missy to put the hoodie on to place those properly, and she's in bed, so that is a tomorrow thing. I'll need to figure out how to put buttonholes in the sides of the trunk so I can put in a piece of elastic to go around her head. Next up, tulle cutting for tutu making. I'll probably have to insert a drawstring into her new sweat pants since they are a bit big at the waist, finally found some that were long enough though.

Not much quilting type of sewing for the next few days.
I think I may have created a monster with the vintage sewing machine thing. Hubby was cruising Craigslist and letting me know about all of the machines available out there. I barely have room for this one!

stationarymom
October 26th, 2015, 02:30 AM
No quilting tonight.My DD who is 25 wanted to carve pumpkins so that's what we did tonight they came out pretty good if I say so myself.I ran to walmart after that to get my candy for the weekend after the carving was done.

Midge
October 26th, 2015, 05:35 AM
I wonder about why Craftsy did the all access thing too. My cynical side has me wondering if prices will be going up. I'd like to see more about art quilts too. Just started venturing into the cooking section since I watched most of what interests me in quilting. I'm intrigued by the Artisan Bread class. Not just recipes, a chef's approach. I'm a sucker for a scientific explanation. I think today will be food day. Another fragmented night of sleep for me. I have to try to get back to sleep.

Carol336
October 26th, 2015, 05:54 AM
I've been busy downloading class materials from craftsy casses too. I thought the free classes might be a little teaser to get peeps to buy more classes.....just MHO.

Up way to early again.....I'm giving a lot of thougth to heading back to bed.

Andrea F
October 26th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Good morning! I had a few very busy weeks and weekends workwise and a bit of bag testing the past weeks. Seems like I'm not able to multitask in the morning and can't do facebook and the forum at the same time when time is limited. lol.
We have been in Bavaria for the weekend visiting my BFF for her birthday. It was so nice to see her even though there was no time to talk in private or "under four eyes" as we say here.

I have to go to Craftsy in the evening and watch some more classes. I've watched the stir frying class (which I really liked) and some other food/cooking classes and some sewing classes. Did any of you ever sew a bra? Doesn't look that difficult... First thing I do with each class also is downloading the material. I kind of feel bad, seems like cheating to me but if they wouldn't want you to they wouldn't allow it, right? I definitely want to watch the Artisan Bread class, too. It looks interesting.

Lightwriter
October 26th, 2015, 07:00 AM
Gee, all the Craftsy talk makes me wishI could access it. Out Internet connection is not powerful enough to run them. DSL is not available or cable. There is a local wifi tower, but services on it are fairly basic. I have tried a free class before and it just stalls again and again. Oh well...

I want to see the elephant costume! I didn't sew for years except to make Halloween costumes. We had some interesting ones. My grown kids still love to dress up for Halloween and have parties.

Have a good Monday.