PDA

View Full Version : Happy Sunday everyone

Monique
October 25th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Good morning friends. Maizyn is having her breakfast, so I get a few minutes of quiet time. LOL!! Phil & Jodi went out last night and will be back some time this morning. Maizyn slept with me in my bed, Poppa slept on the floor in the other room and Sadie and Sheyanne (neighbour) slept in the other room. Sheyanne has gone home already
(she had somewhere to go) and Poppa is still asleep.

Today will be pick up day. Oh man what a disaster 4 extra people can make. Stuff everywhere. AND I need to make a garbage run. I have stuff that needs to go from last week. OYE!!

Prayers and blessings going out to those who want them.

Carol336
October 25th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Good morning. Sounds like a real fun pajama party Monique.....but I hear you on the mess part. Good luck with all the pick up!!!!

Quiet day for me....church and DGS baseball game after and that's gonna be it for me today.

Happy Sunday everyone

Sylvia H
October 25th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Good morning all! Having a cup of coffee and waiting for Preeti to get here. She was visiting her sister yesterday, and is stopping by for a visit on her way home. I haven't seen her in almost a year ... so this will be fun. We will have show and tell, and I have a few surprises for her.

KPH
October 25th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Good Sunday Morning to all!

I'm debating, DH is working on a puzzle. I've been stitching hexies together. I have the "Bandana Florals" sitting beside my sewing machine tempting me. Right beside that is the paperwork from mom's estate that needs some blanks filled in. Next week sometime we should find out it '3' is Ezekiel or Sarah Elizabeth.

I think I'll have another cup of coffee and enjoy the quiet!

Bubby
October 25th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Morning....Jeff and I plan to work in the yard today, so I'm getting in a little quiet time and a cup of tea early.

Monique, I know what a house full of extra people can do...hang in there and soon things will be back to normal. I love for visitors to come but I also love it when we get our house back to ourselves and the Girls. Dottie & Olive add another dimension to things because they love people and want to go through their stuff and be the center of attention every moment of the day.

I'm making progress on Christmas gifts. I finished the Morse Code quilt yesterday and made a pillowcase to go with it. This will be a gift for one of our dear friends. I still have shams, banners and stockings to make and embroidered angels and ornaments to finish.

Wising everyone a blessed day....Hugs

MayinJerset
October 25th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Good Morning, kind of dark this morning as a light rain is falling. DS#1 is coming over this afternoon. He'll have his choice of soups for lunch, the chicken meatball soup I made or the butternut squash soup DGD C made for us when se was over yesterday afternoon. My choice is the butternut squash as it was delicious.

Feels like it's going to be a lazy Sunday but will make sure I get the 2 laundry baskets of clothes folded and put away.

ceiliam
October 25th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Wow busy people. Plans continue making cookies, next weekend having a party for Moms 9084th birthday party. And continue working. On cleaning sewing room. I lost my favorite tool, my metal stiletto heard it drop on floor...however not able to find it. Hate it when I do that.
Sylvia have a great time with Pretti, she sounds like a sweetheart, hope you have a great time.

Ginny B
October 25th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Good morning. Lazy morning here. Grey and a bit of rain. Hubby had a rough night with coughing so we are staying put today. No visit to see Lily :( We will wait until he is better.

Got a lot of things accomplished yesterday..... laundry, some shopping and some meal preps for the week. Then I was able to spend some time in my sewing room working on some things for the craft fair in December. Since I got a lot done yesterday, that will mean more time in my sewing room today. Yippee!

Monique, sounds like a fun time last night. May, either one of those soups sound good. We had chicken soup last night. Yum.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Granny Judy
October 25th, 2015, 10:51 AM
I'm here... I'm up and awake. Hope this means I have finally gotten back to a normal routine. (sleep nights, up day time). It's crazy what our bodies do to us. Mine has this thyroid thing that gets my days and nights confused. Before I was diagnosed, I just thought I was "different" than everyone. Nope, just an over active gland!

I love having company and don't mind the mess...the bigger it is the more fun we had!! At least that is my thoughts on how much I enjoyed guests. So I make sure I leave a little bit of me behind when I go visiting. I do have a few relatives that love to take a bit of me with them when they leave. LOL.

Butternut squash soup sounds so good, I may have to make a pot...in the slow cooker. It's that or the split pea soup. Will have to check out the pantry and see if I have all the goodies for either/or both.??? Anyhow it is time to get this day started.. Kitchen cleaning time and making another mess in there.

Happy day to all while you make your own little mess somewhere.

Sylvia, give Preeti a big hug from all of us here. I just know you two are gonna have a great time together.

SuzyQue
October 25th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Still nursing my hubby's squashed thumb and NOT getting any sewing/quilting time! We were able to get some paperwork and some errands run, but he tires quickly. He really enjoys watching tv and movies, but wants me to join him. I hope after another week, he will be able to return to work and I will have more time to get back to the machines! I love having him around, but really wondering about this whole retirement time to come!

JCY
October 25th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Good Sunday Morning! A beautiful sunrise this a.m. Only 38 deg. & light frost. Yest. was 36 & a very heavy frost. There was fresh snow on the mtn. peaks. I drove to Lyons Quilting for the Shimmering Triangles all-day class. I was told the on-line downloadable pattern is very difficult to understand. The instructor had a much simpler hand-out for us to follow. There were 7 of us in the class, so we had lots of room to spread out. We spent much of the day cutting fabric & making 2.5" HSTs. It's not a difficult pattern, but time-consuming. It's all in the layout to achieve the "shimmer". We worked on a design wall with several of our fabrics. We rolled up our flannel backed table cloths to bring home what we'd already done. This quilt will take some time!

I'm skipping church today to stay home with DH. Plus I'm tired from the all day class yest. I was on my feet a lot cutting fabric, so my lower back is bothering me. DH was alone all day yest., but did ok. He's still covered with the skin rash, but it's slowly improving. What an ordeal for him. Except for the bottom of his feet, he said there wasn't a place on his body that didn't itch!

Some time today I'll set up my sewing machine & put away all the stuff I had to haul to the class.

Anyone know when Blondie will back?

toggpine
October 25th, 2015, 01:45 PM
We had company yesterday. The kids came over to use Grandpa's shop for Christmas projects. I think we are all getting bird houses for Christmas. (Just a guess.)
I made two batches of banana-blueberry muffins while trying to cure the kitchen counters of flat-surfaceitis. I have more counters visible now than yesterday, so that's a plus.
I have the ears and tail made for Em's costume. I attached the tail, and the ears will have to be hand sewn on the hood of the sweatshirt. Today's challenge will be constructing the trunk. I have some ideas on that, so now, I just have to choose which one to go with. While debating some construction options, I even finished adding the two long borders to the grandson's quilt and top stitching a goat coat. There is still more work to do on both of those, but I'll take progress anywhere I can get it!
If the rain holds off, I may actually get some work done on the treadle cabinet today too. It's heading towards being too cold and damp to work on that project outside. I really wanted to get it cleaned up well enough to sew soon, but I also want it done right. All of that old oil and dirt need to come off gently if I'm going to try to maintain the original finish. It's been really interesting learning about these vintage machines. (I have left the threads about the featherweights alone, as I am afraid of what that might lead to!)

The coffe cup is empty, therefore I shall get on with the day. Elephant trunk, here I come!
Hugs to you all! Cathy