PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we listen?

Kat Smith
October 24th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Why don't we listen to that little voice in our heads? Last evening I was slicing zucchini for dinner and I thought boy this would go so much faster if I used the mandoline. So I got it out, with the guard, cause I heard in my head "you are going to slice your finger off", and proceeded to slice with out it and took of some of the side of my baby finger. How many times have I said to my kids..... you just don't listen!

What kinds of things have you had that little warning in your head and went ahead anyways?

Kathy

quiltingtrish
October 24th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Ouch! Hope it doesn't stop you from quilting.
What kinds of things have I heard little voices? I wouldn't even know where to start with that one.

DeniseSm
October 24th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Times when I should have listened: I am not allowed to use the rotary cutter after 9 pm, no using the rotary cutter for at least four hours after I have taken a Clairitin for my allergies, and no using the rotary cutter if I am sneezing more than three times per hour. Almost all my "I should have listened " moments revolve around the use of the rotary cutter.

JAM
October 25th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Posted twice sorry

JAM
October 25th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Go ahead and quilt, it's okay, no one will see you

dusted the house,
you mopped the floors,
you made the special dinner,
you finished the laundry,
you cut the grass,
you have exhausted yourself.

Yes, I should've listened!

Eriepatch
October 25th, 2015, 02:07 PM
I had a "little voice in my head" telling me 2 years ago that it wasn't a good idea to
go down a certain incline while walking my dog. Next thing I knew I heard a big pop and
fell. Looked at my foot which was going in the wrong direction. Had a trimalleolar fracture
and after surgery had a cast for months. Still hurts and I can no longer take long walks.
Oh how I wish I had listened to that little voice. :(

Learner quilter
October 25th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Ouch.... We never learn.

Dollyquilts
October 25th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Most of my "should have listened" moments come from accepting editing work for new-to-me court reporters, especially if they want the work done on a rush basis. I also call those "when will you learn" moments.

jjkaiser
October 25th, 2015, 05:59 PM
When cleaning a room like cleaning closets, organizing book shelves--you know, stuff you don't do on a daily, weekly or regular basis. I invariably run across something that either I had wssted lots of time looking for or want to put it aside for one of my kids or whoever. So if it's a photo do you think I would put it away in my photo box for later? Oh no that would make way too much sense. I always put it in a "special place" and then four or six months later when I want it I don't have a clue where it is. I really wish I could stop doing this and have come to the conclusion that special place = lost.

SusanMarie1956
October 25th, 2015, 10:32 PM
jjkaiser,

I have done that many times.

Susan

Kat Smith
October 26th, 2015, 04:09 PM
When cleaning a room like cleaning closets, organizing book shelves--you know, stuff you don't do on a daily, weekly or regular basis. I invariably run across something that either I had wssted lots of time looking for or want to put it aside for one of my kids or whoever. So if it's a photo do you think I would put it away in my photo box for later? Oh no that would make way too much sense. I always put it in a "special place" and then four or six months later when I want it I don't have a clue where it is. I really wish I could stop doing this and have come to the conclusion that special place = lost.

Those special or safe places, I'm sure are the same black hole that socks from the dryer find their way to. My Mother once hid a Christmas present so well, that she never found it even when they moved years later.