PDA

View Full Version : Wet Night Owl

kimsophia
October 24th, 2015, 02:15 AM
Hoot hoot and a blessed hoot to all in the path of Hurricane Patricia! Prayers are being sent up!

I made deviled eggs tonight so DH will be happy about that. I ordered a low-temp glue gun so when that arrives my ribbon roses will be firmly held together.

And how are yooooou? @,@

stationarymom
October 24th, 2015, 02:24 AM
Hoot Hoot sorry to hear that your feathers are all wet tonight,it's a chilly night to be wet.
Everything has settled down in my nest here because I finally got word that my relatives in Puerta Villarta are safe and sound.
My family was allowed to go home to their condo shortly before midnight.

kimsophia
October 24th, 2015, 02:30 AM
Hoot Hoot sorry to hear that your feathers are all wet tonight,it's a chilly night to be wet.
Everything has settled down in my nest here because I finally got word that my relatives in Puerta Villarta are safe and sound.
My family was allowed to go home to their condo shortly before midnight.

Well thank the Lord! :D

Lightwriter
October 24th, 2015, 02:35 AM
Hooting around the clock! Therapy for my hip and hair cut ate up a lot of today. And yet another journey to home improvement store. Still no sewing...think I am going into thread withdrawal....

Still pretty here today, just a little breezier. Last of the green peppers chopped and frozen.

Hoping that hurricane will quickly lose its zip.

Happy Saturday!

toggpine
October 24th, 2015, 02:57 AM
The paper is all cut. The words are written. Glue and glitter have been applied. I have some teeth left to make for the garbage can, but the rest is pretty much on site assembly. The teacher's lounge will be set for Halloween on Monday.
Next up is the elephant costume. I'm done for the night though. My lady-bits are giving me fits. I'm going to find the heat pack and tuck into the nest.
Hugs! Cathy

stationarymom
October 24th, 2015, 03:11 AM
Good night Cathy.Make sure to take care of yourself you deserve it.

bubba
October 24th, 2015, 03:13 AM
Tonight we went to a 30th birthday party for one of our friends. He has a five month old baby I got to hold for quite some time and then another friend showed up with a two month old baby! Yes, I held that one for quite some time too! It's amazing how much bigger they get in three months! The older one was alert and 'talking', laughing and smiling at me and the younger just slept....so cute and cuddly! The little one had some interesting things on the car seat and I think I might be busy this week getting some done for the bazaar!

I'm in the house freezing but not wanting to turn on the fireplace and MM is walking around in a tshirt and shorts and is hot! Two more months and I'm hoping to be thawed out in Hawaii! Did I tell you that our daughters are gifting us a trip for our 40th anniversary?? We will be there for ten days in December! I thought it was going to be just four day, but found out different tonight! So excited!!!!!!

stationarymom
October 24th, 2015, 03:27 AM
Pat how wonderful! You have great kids to think to do something so wonderful for you.

kimsophia
October 24th, 2015, 04:40 AM
Arg, toggpine! I had a constant crampy ache and first they inserted a Mirena, and that really helped for one year, but the cramps came back so I got a laparoscopic hysterectomy which made my life worth living again. I hope you feel better soon!

Carol336
October 24th, 2015, 05:17 AM
Just out of bed and starting my day.

Thread withdrawl and lady bits having fits - sounds like a rough night girls......hope you're all snuggly now.

Wow Pat - what a nice anniversary gift....are you coming across the ocean?

No sewing for me today. Ggirl (13) is coming for a little visit and we're going to make peanut butter balls. Got any advice on how to keep the chocolate hot and melted long enough to get them all dipped. She's not going to be here long and I'd really like her to be able to take them home with her when she leaves.

Have a great day everyone

toggpine
October 24th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Just out of bed and starting my day.

Thread withdrawl and lady bits having fits - sounds like a rough night girls......hope you're all snuggly now.

Wow Pat - what a nice anniversary gift....are you coming across the ocean?

No sewing for me today. Ggirl (13) is coming for a little visit and we're going to make peanut butter balls. Got any advice on how to keep the chocolate hot and melted long enough to get them all dipped. She's not going to be here long and I'd really like her to be able to take them home with her when she leaves.

Have a great day everyone

How about melting the chocolate in the crock pot if you have a small one? The standard double-boiler method of a pan or bowl over hot water works too.