PDA

View Full Version : Baby Lily will arrive tomorrow afternoon

Ginny B
October 23rd, 2015, 01:27 AM
My step-daughter Vicky had a doctor's appointment today and it seems that her bp and the pressure in the umbilical cord is continuing to rise so they are not going to wait until the beginning of November. She's scheduled for a C-section tomorrow at 4. I will go into work for a couple of hours tomorrow and let my boss know what's happening and make arrangements for paycheck distribution since it's payday.

Prayers for Lily's safe arrival and that all goes well for Vicky would be appreciated. I probably won't be back here until tomorrow night with weight, height, etc.

Cathy F
October 23rd, 2015, 01:36 AM
Sending positive thoughts and prayers to Vicky. A new baby is so exciting!

easyquilts
October 23rd, 2015, 01:45 AM
Hugs and prayers for Lily's safe arrival.... Let us know how mom and baby are...

Lori63
October 23rd, 2015, 07:24 AM
Hope everything goes well! Bet you can't wait to meet Lily!

Bubby
October 23rd, 2015, 07:28 AM
Best wishes for Lilly's delivery. I will be praying. I know how exciting this is for you.

Iris Girl
October 23rd, 2015, 07:45 AM
Hoping for a great arrival for Lilly and all is well with Mom and baby.

dwil23
October 23rd, 2015, 07:47 AM
Prayers for a safe delivery for Baby Lily!

Hugs to all.....

songbird857
October 23rd, 2015, 07:51 AM
Prayers for a safe and uncomplicated delivery! :)

MayinJerset
October 23rd, 2015, 09:14 AM
Sending prayers for Vicky and Baby Lily.

ceiliam
October 23rd, 2015, 09:19 AM
Prayers for mom and Lilly. Congratulations grandma let us know how all went

EsGrandma
October 23rd, 2015, 09:20 AM
prayers being said for this precious baby and her family

Monique
October 23rd, 2015, 09:59 AM
Prayers for a safe delivery and a healthy baby. Mom too of course.

judimccl
October 23rd, 2015, 10:53 AM
I had something similar happen with my granddaughter on September 9th. She was about 3 weeks early but she called me and said she thought her water broke and I told her to go to the hospital to be checked out anyway. She called me about an hour later and said they were keeping her and she was in labor. Then I got a call from her husband about 1/2 hour after that telling me they were rushing her in for an emergency C-section as the baby's heart rate had dropped and they thought the cord was around the baby's neck. Her ultrasound in May had shown she was having a little girl - Anastasia. About 2 hours later, after I had chewed my fingernails almost to my elbows, Pat called again to tell me that everything had gone good and Shellby and the baby were just fine. Then he said "but, I have something to tell you." My heart dropped again and he said "it's a boy!" Imagine my shock and theirs lol. My granddaughter later told me that when they told her it was a boy she said "no, it's supposed to be a girl." The nurse brought Baby Shawn over and told my granddaughter "see, boy parts," and my granddaughter said yup, they were definitely boy parts! So even with today's technology nothing is for sure. I will say prayers for Lily's safe arrival and for Vicky as well. Will be watching the posts to see any news. :icon_wave:

sewbizzy
October 23rd, 2015, 11:00 AM
Sending prayers for Mom and baby...

Ginny B
October 23rd, 2015, 09:52 PM
Thank you for all your prayers. Lily has arrived safe and sound! She is a little peanut --- only 4lbs. 7 oz and 17 inches long and is in the NICU. However, everything seems to be fine with her. Her sugar level was very low when she was born but it is increasing and is in a good range now. We are not sure that she will be able to go home with Vicky on Monday but we will see. Vicky is recovering from the C-section very nicely and has already been cleared to eat regular food.

So grandpa and I are a bit tired --- and we aren't even the ones who had a baby! We are just going to sit back and smile a lot and relax tonight. As well as make a few phone calls to relatives.

Thanks again for your prayers. I am still praying that all continues to go well and that maybe Lily will be able to go home when mom does.

SuzyQue
October 23rd, 2015, 10:28 PM
I am just seeing this post and have sent my prayers for a safe delivery of Miss Lily. Now I read that she is here, so I will add my prayers for continued growth and good health. May they both leave the hospital together and let all of you rest and be ready for that great event!

KarenC
October 23rd, 2015, 11:02 PM
Just seeing this. Glad everything has gone well thus far. Saying prayers for continued good news and that your family is continually blessed.

buckeyequilter
October 23rd, 2015, 11:15 PM
Congratulations!!

ilive2craft2
October 23rd, 2015, 11:44 PM
Congratulations! She is a peanut, but hoping she will be able to go home with mom on Monday.

Lori63
October 24th, 2015, 12:06 AM
Congrats! Sometimes the littlest are the mightiest!

MayinJerset
October 24th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Welcome Lily - 119979 We're so happy all went well for you and Mom.
Also Welcome to baby Shawn.

MY DGED C is expecting a boy in Feb. and I'm sure that as a NICU RN she's aware it may be a girl.

KPH
October 24th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Congratulations! Continued prayers for good health and speedy recovery!

irishrn
October 24th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Congratulations Ginny! So glad little Lily has arrived safe and sound!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 24th, 2015, 12:07 PM
So glad she arrived and is doing well! Continued prayers for a fast return to home!

ceiliam
October 24th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Glad all is fine hoping for her to continued growth and helping fine. Congradulations grandma, continued prayers for Mom and baby

judimccl
October 24th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Ginny, I posted earlier about a similar experience with my new great-grandson. Reading your latest post about Lily being in the NICU and her sugar being low, again we had a similar experience with Baby Shawn. His sugar was low and he spent 2 days in the NICU while they got it all adjusted, and he was able to go home with my granddaughter when she left the hospital. They released him from the NICU when his sugar levels were up to normal and he had to spend 24 hours more in the hospital with my granddaughter just to make sure everything was okay, and then they were both released. She came down to SOUTH Florida from NC to stay with me to recuperate when Baby Shawn was 2 weeks old (she also has a 2-1/2 year old daughter, Lyra). They have been here 3 weeks and it is amazing to see how much he has grown and how he is putting on weight and getting those cute little creases on his arms and legs. Will say prayers for Lily that they get that sugar adjusted soon and she can be back with her mommy.

dwil23
October 24th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Congrats! What is it with these impatient little babies? My DGS, Sawyer, was born on the 10th, five weeks early! DIL's water broke, too, so they had to deliver. He was a very healthy 6 lbs (was on track to be a 9 pounder), but also had problems with his sugar level dropping so spent 3 days in NICU before coming home. Since we are used to at least 8 pounders, he seems so tiny. Can't imagine one being under 5 pounds, but I was.

Congrats to all the new babies! And what a surprise for your family Judi!

auntiemern
October 27th, 2015, 01:57 AM
So happy that she arrived safe and sound. She is the same weight I was when I was born. Prayers that she continues to do well.
Thank you for all your prayers. Lily has arrived safe and sound! She is a little peanut --- only 4lbs. 7 oz and 17 inches long and is in the NICU. However, everything seems to be fine with her. Her sugar level was very low when she was born but it is increasing and is in a good range now. We are not sure that she will be able to go home with Vicky on Monday but we will see. Vicky is recovering from the C-section very nicely and has already been cleared to eat regular food.

So grandpa and I are a bit tired --- and we aren't even the ones who had a baby! We are just going to sit back and smile a lot and relax tonight. As well as make a few phone calls to relatives.

Thanks again for your prayers. I am still praying that all continues to go well and that maybe Lily will be able to go home when mom does.

judimccl
October 27th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Yes, Donna, it was definitely a surprise, but a good one. I hope your DGS Sawyer is doing well. I am amazed how fast these "small" babies start putting on weight and filling out. I also could not believe how "tiny" Shawn was. I wonder if their being that tiny has anything to do with the sugar levels, but thankfully they seem to be able to get that under control fairly fast.