PDA

View Full Version : SEEN SURGEON TODAY.

RFREE
October 22nd, 2015, 08:10 PM
His initial statement..." Its big." He aspirated a huge vial of; what I thought should be clear fluid: grape juice looking fluid and lots of it. He said yes it should be clear or clear green color. I'm like could the mammogram have caused it to be so bloody looking? He said it is very possible but we are sending it off to pathology just to check.
Results in a week. Appointment in 2 weeks but if results come back bad they will call me in.
When he left the room his nurse practitioner told me she had been doing this for the last 8 years and she had never seen that much fluid taken out of one cyst.They didn't even touch the other 2. He also asked me if anybody had ever talked to me about genetic testing since I have 2 sisters that have or have had breast cancer. Of course not. Something to seriously consider....
I'm hoping the mammogram 2 weeks ago has caused this very odd color.
more waiting
Now wheres that heating pad!!!

dwil23
October 22nd, 2015, 08:21 PM
Waiting is so hard. Will be praying that all checks out well.

bubba
October 22nd, 2015, 08:35 PM
Hoping all is well. Most doctors don't bother to suggest that gene testing because you have to fight with the insurance companies to get them to pay for. When MM's mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, her readings were thru the roof! She came from a family of 12 kids. Her mom, her, and all her sisters who have died have died because of ovarian cancer. A couple of them had breast cancer as well. Our daughters are done having kids. Their doctors know the family history. They have asked to be given hysterectomies and the doctors refused because they are too young. Perhaps they should change their last name to Jolie-Pitt....bet it would get done then!

Bubby
October 22nd, 2015, 08:35 PM
Waiting is the hardest. I will continue to pray for you (((HUGS))).

jjkaiser
October 22nd, 2015, 09:15 PM
Well I hate with you about having to wait but thank goodness you pushed so hard last week just to get this appointment. We will get you through this!!!

Sandy Navas
October 22nd, 2015, 09:29 PM
Keeping the prayers going. Definitely see if you can get the genetic tests done - you've got a young one to take care of!!

grandma nurse
October 22nd, 2015, 09:41 PM
So glad you have found a doctor that seems to be taking an interest in you and want to help you find out what is going on. Prayers will continue.

judimccl
October 22nd, 2015, 10:02 PM
I remember my "waiting" from almost two years ago now - that is the worst part. It is amazing what we can conjure up in our heads. will be saying prayers that God wraps his arms around you and gives you comfort during this time.

ilive2craft2
October 22nd, 2015, 10:03 PM
So glad you went to another doc. Hoping that removing some of the fluid will take some of the discomfort away. Keeping you in my prayers.

pcbatiks
October 22nd, 2015, 10:39 PM
I'll be sending extra hugs and prayers. Happy for you that you're seeing another doctor.

Jewel
October 22nd, 2015, 10:41 PM
Prayers continuing to go your way for comfort and quick results and answers.

Jewel

MRoy
October 22nd, 2015, 10:44 PM
Prayers for you Rhonda!

laura44
October 22nd, 2015, 11:27 PM
Remember God is holding on to you during this time. Good thoughts
and and prayers being sent your way.

Simply Quilting
October 23rd, 2015, 12:32 AM
Hugs and Prayers being sent your way.

ozziepuppy
October 23rd, 2015, 12:33 AM
I hope & pray it will all turn out OK for you!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 23rd, 2015, 01:17 AM
Wow, Rhonda, I glad you got in to the surgeon! Waiting for results can be so hard! I will continue my prayers for you!

stationarymom
October 23rd, 2015, 03:24 AM
Rhonda my prayers have been sent.I hope you will be more comfortable now that some of the fluid was removed.You will be in my thoughts.

Granny Judy
October 23rd, 2015, 04:46 AM
Got you in my prayers, too. So glad you are getting some special treatment now. I know the waiting game is hard, but results are better than Not Knowing. Cyber Hugs coming at ya!

Carol336
October 23rd, 2015, 06:08 AM
Oh Rhonda, waiting is so danged hard. Will be praying for positive results for you.

quiltingtrish
October 23rd, 2015, 08:18 AM
Waiting with you - and sending soft hugs. At least it sounds like this doctor is 'talking' to you. Those ones that act all high and mighty and don't say a word drive me nuts. Prayers still coming.

easyquilts
October 23rd, 2015, 08:38 AM
ISO sorry you have more waiting.... Waiting is just so hard....the worst, really.

Many hugs from your quilty friends here on the forum!

sewbizzy
October 23rd, 2015, 11:08 AM
Prayers are being sent your way....I know how hard it is to wait for the news...

irishrn
October 23rd, 2015, 12:12 PM
Rhonda. We will make the wait with you. Here every day you need us to pass the time.
Hugs to you. Let us know what we can do to help!!

RiverMomm
October 23rd, 2015, 12:19 PM
WTG for taking control of the situation with your doctors!

I find waiting can be the hardest part. My imagination tends to be worse than reality. Do as I say and not as I do-take care of yourself and try not to worry. My prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2015, 03:32 PM
Honey, I am so glad you got in to a doctor that is taking this seriously. Can't imagine the places your mind is going to. Will keep you in my prayers. Hugs and love too GF.

Dollyquilts
October 23rd, 2015, 08:10 PM
Waiting for results is so hard. Prayers on the wing from Texas for the best possible result and for strength and healing.

mommamarsh
October 23rd, 2015, 09:17 PM
Soft and gentle hug .

KPH
October 23rd, 2015, 10:00 PM
So glad you're being taken care of. Continuing prayers.

Ginny B
October 23rd, 2015, 10:06 PM
Prayers for good results. (((((Hugs)))))

SuzyQue
October 23rd, 2015, 10:24 PM
Prayers are being said here, everyday! Please be as calm and patient as you can and don't worry. I know easier said than done, but it is the right thing. God is in control and your worrying is not going to help. Please keep us posted and know that we are here.....merely a click away. I am so glad that you got a new doctor that seems to be working well with/for you! I pray for comfort and peace for you as you wait.

KarenC
October 23rd, 2015, 11:07 PM
Prayers for you. May God also grant you the strength you need during this waiting period and help guide you.

FabStripper
October 23rd, 2015, 11:30 PM
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Slow things down a bit until you are feeling better.