PDA

View Full Version : Update: How my Fabric.Com order finally was resolved

JCY
October 22nd, 2015, 01:14 PM
I recently posted that I had problems with my fabric.com order & wondered if others had had issues. To review, I had ordered 4 fabrics--1 yd. of 3 dif. fabric, 2 yds. of the 4th. I received only 1 yd. instead of the 2. I e-m'd them requesting the shorted 2nd yd. be sent. When I called them, they said 2 yds. already had been sent out & I needed to return the 1 yd. & that they would send me a return label. Pkg. was to come by UPS. I tracked my pkg. It came via USPS, not UPS. There was no return label. Sigh. Yesterday I called & was on hold quite a while, then my call was disconnected. It was their closing time, so my call wasn't taken. This a.m. I called back & explained the situation. She was willing to send me a return label so I could send back the 1 yd., but I would need to take my pkg. to a UPS drop center. I explained that it is clear across town & was inconvenient for me. I asked if I could keep the 1 yd. & offered to pay for it. She said they couldn't do that, but b/c of the inconvenience, etc. that in this situation they'd make an exception & let me keep the 1 yd. That sounded fair to me.

Needless to say, I'll not be placing any more orders from fabric.com. Too much hassle. I'll stick with M* or other trusted sites. I also support my LQSs.

So that's my story. Not really a rant, but it was a frustrating time. I don't understand why they couldn't just have sent me the 1 yd. of fabric I was shorted. I did not need it in a 2 yd. length.

Quiltfreestyle
October 22nd, 2015, 02:11 PM
Sadly that's the downside to ordering online, sometimes there are mistakes & it is sometimes frustrating to get them sorted out. As much as I love M* I do most of my shopping at my LQS. I'm one of those people that has to see the fabric in person & touch it. Plus I can get it right away,,, sometimes I am impatient...
I guess all you can do is grin & bear it knowing that in the great scheme of life, it really won't matter a year from now..
Glad you finally did get it sorted out.