PDA

View Full Version : Thursday...a good day for friends!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 22nd, 2015, 10:21 AM
Hello forum friends! This forum has given me some of the greatest friends! And I was lucky enough to have a nice long visit with one this week! Vicky aka RiverMomm! What a wonderful friend! And she likes cats! She has two look alike fluff balls at her house, not so sure about befriending me, but I got to admire their beautiful fluffiness from across the room!

Here we are in Massena, NY, in front of the Walgreens where my daughter is the new manager, about 50 miles from Vicky's house in Montreal. Vicky comes to Massena often for shopping and other things.

Who have you met from the forum? Outside of folks who came to the forum retreats from afar-- from the Netherlands, Canada, Australia, I met Andrea in Paris, Turena from Oregon, Kathy from Wisconsin. This to me is the beauty of this forum, meeting folks from all over the world, and becoming really good friends as a result!

Now that I'm home, I need to get started on getting my rental home ready for putting on the market. Ugh! I have some workers lined up to do some of the big jobs. Guess I take a look at the scope of the job today, I'm a little scared about that! $$$$$ will be flying out, I fear!

Hope you all have a great day!

K. McEuen
October 22nd, 2015, 12:41 PM
Of all the Walgreen's in the country, she had to pick one that far north! Burrrrrrr!

Sounds like you had a great time and this just gives you another reason to travel.

Panda
October 22nd, 2015, 12:42 PM
I have met Quiltingtrish a couple of years ago at the Hershey quilt show. She lives about 2 hours from me, but haven't seen her since. The one really really good friend I have met from afar, is Monique. When she came to the Lancaster, pa area 2 years ago was our first meeting at a quilt show. Then last year when she came to PA again I got to spend 3 days with her and her friend Linda. Since she was with a bus tour, on the first day I met them at the store they were at, then the next day we spent the day at a quilt show. The best day was the last day. I picked them up at their hotel and took them to a lot of quilt shops that their bus trip didn't go to and also to non quilting places, dinner and so on. It was a great day. I really got to know Monique very well. She is an AWESOME, upbeat lady and so much fun to be with. I can't wait to visit with her again, unfortunately they did not make the trip this year. The retreat you found in Silver Lake, NY sounds like a doable retreat for a lot of us north easterners and canadian friends. The price is amazing and you are amazing to have taken the time to get this info. I am going thru cancer treatments right now, so I am not sure when I will be back to normal, but I am hoping and praying that by spring I will be feeling good.

Kathy

Jean Sewing Machine
October 22nd, 2015, 01:00 PM
I have met Quiltingtrish a couple of years ago at the Hershey quilt show. She lives about 2 hours from me, but haven't seen her since. The one really really good friend I have met from afar, is Monique. When she came to the Lancaster, pa area 2 years ago was our first meeting at a quilt show. Then last year when she came to PA again I got to spend 3 days with her and her friend Linda. Since she was with a bus tour, on the first day I met them at the store they were at, then the next day we spent the day at a quilt show. The best day was the last day. I picked them up at their hotel and took them to a lot of quilt shops that their bus trip didn't go to and also to non quilting places, dinner and so on. It was a great day. I really got to know Monique very well. She is an AWESOME, upbeat lady and so much fun to be with. I can't wait to visit with her again, unfortunately they did not make the trip this year. The retreat you found in Silver Lake, NY sounds like a doable retreat for a lot of us north easterners and canadian friends. The price is amazing and you are amazing to have taken the time to get this info. I am going thru cancer treatments right now, so I am not sure when I will be back to normal, but I am hoping and praying that by spring I will be feeling good.

Kathy
Kathy, I hope you feel much better by spring! I will look into the Silver Lake retreat center. I hope to meet Monique also, as she lives near my daughter's new home town.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 22nd, 2015, 01:01 PM
Of all the Walgreen's in the country, she had to pick one that far north! Burrrrrrr!

Sounds like you had a great time and this just gives you another reason to travel.
That's what I said when I first heard about it! There are Walgreens every mile around here.

Panda
October 22nd, 2015, 01:34 PM
Kathy, I hope you feel much better by spring! I will look into the Silver Lake retreat center. I hope to meet Monique also, as she lives near my daughter's new home town.

If there would ever be a retreat in that area, I would hope it will be doable for Monique. If I am invited, I would for sure try to make it. It is only about a 5 hour drive for me. You are such a busy lady and everyone surely appreciates all your planning of these events.
I don't post a lot, but this forum has added so much to my life as I am sure it has to most people on here.
Kathy

K. McEuen
October 22nd, 2015, 01:34 PM
That's what I said when I first heard about it! There are Walgreens every mile around here.

I swear they are on every corner in Albuquerque. I have one within walking distance, even for me!

SewnByBee
October 22nd, 2015, 02:30 PM
How wonderful, Lucky🍀 to have gained these friendships Gean.

Making friends here is an awesome adventure.

I am blessed to have become friends with quite a few, here on the foutm. I realize how special they are,
and hope to get to know them better and become closer friends. Having friends here is so cool. I hope to
Continue building friendships and getting to know them better and better.

I have a long-time friend that lives in Missouri. There's several of my forum friends that lives there too.
Hopefully, one day I will get to visit with my long-time friend , it would be a plus to get to meet with forum friends too, and go to the famous M*😁.
I truly want to meet and thank Jenny, for the knowledge she shares.

Love 💙 my FORUM FRIENDS.

RiverMomm
October 22nd, 2015, 04:13 PM

I thought the same thing! Massena?!? From St. Louis to . . . Massena? Massena is truly small town America but with a healthy dose of snow and ice added in.

It sure will be culture shock for Jean's kids and grandkids. But I am happy as a clam.

I have been thinking about a get together for us northern forum types the moment she told me about the move. NY, VT, Ontario, Quebec, come on folks, let's do this! But not during winter because while I may be half Canadian now, I try not to drive far when there is 3 feet of snow, a layer of ice and the wind chill is 40F below ;)

K. McEuen
October 22nd, 2015, 04:19 PM
But not during winter because while I may be half Canadian now, I try not to drive far when there is 3 feet of snow, a layer of ice and the wind chill is 40F below ;)

So that leaves you what, the middle 6 days in July? :icon_heh:

California, Texas and New Mexico. Does that give you an idea that I don't do snow?

RiverMomm
October 22nd, 2015, 04:30 PM
So that leaves you what, the middle 6 days in July? :icon_heh:

California, Texas and New Mexico. Does that give you an idea that I don't do snow?

LOL! Thank goodness Jean picked the small window of no snow to visit.

(Georgia, California, Missouri and then Canada. Not a lot of snow experience before this move)

Granny Judy
October 22nd, 2015, 04:52 PM
I'm getting ready to hibernate already... once that temp drops to 50 I just want to sleep, eat and sew.. No going outside til Spring. LOL 119873

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2015, 03:54 PM
Jean, so glad you got to meet Vicki. I think you have met more people of the forum than anyone else. Meeting you for the first time, was such a thrill for me. We did actually meet before the first retreat. You are the only member I have met other than at the forum retreat. I think working out a retreat for the norther gals up in the NE sounds like a great idea. Why oh why did she have to move to a Walgreens so far away? I do hope it works out for her and the kids.
I think I would do a minimal amount of work at the house to sell it. Regardless of how much you put into it...you won't make it all back. No point in investing all that time and $. I do hope it sells quickly though.