PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday, middle of the week day

Monique
October 21st, 2015, 09:25 AM

Good morning friends. A cold start to the day but the sun is shining.

I got a lot of work done yesterday outside. It was such a beautiful day. I found some treasures that we have been looking for, an old washboard and a old fashioned meat grinder. I knew they were here somewhere.

The kids arrive late tonight. I need to make room for Sadie in the sewing room.

Have a great day friends and SMILE!!

Lori63
October 21st, 2015, 09:32 AM
Good morning all:)

Monique, love the picture. It took me a second to get it, I'm kind of slow first thing in the morning.

It's a day off work, woo hoo! Not sure how much sewing I'll get done. I have a definite goal, we'll see how close I get.

Our Kansas City Royals played a great game last night, but my husband always teases me because I tend to root for the underdogs. So when the score started getting lopsided I commented that I don't like it when the cameras focus on the the losing team. I just feel so bad when they show the losing team looking down. My husband told me I could not start rooting for the Blue Jays! I guess I'm an awful sports fan because when he watches football, I'm always rooting for the team that is behind!

Have a great day everyone:)

Granny Judy
October 21st, 2015, 09:50 AM
Morning all.. Just waking up and still on my first cup of coffee. Got the new little dog outside for his morning duties and he ran back to bed. Chiwauwau's are such neat little dogs. He is toy size and I often lose him around the house. He generally has crawled under a blanket I keep at the foot of my bed or in the chairs in the front room. Guess I will have to add "doggy clothes" to my list of things to sew.

No set plans for today.. It is suppose to be warm here and I will be opening the windows for some of that fresh air.. Get the house all aired out before the snow starts to fly. What do plan on doing before Winter weather shows up??

Mom23
October 21st, 2015, 09:52 AM
Good Morning All,

I finally got to spend a little time in my sewing room yesterday. I now have 124 DP9 blocks squared up and ready to sew into a final quilt. I'm going on retreat November 2-6 and will finish it then.

Today I'm going to help a friend who moved into an assisted living facility organize her sewing room. She made sure she got two bedrooms so she could have room to sew. I was trying to figure out what to get for her birthday and finally decided she could use my time more than more "stuff".

My husband will be gone tonight so I hope to get HST's sewn for another quilt retreat project. Tomorrow I'm babysitting for a great nephew and Friday for my grandson so I doubt I get back into my sewing room until the weekend.

Have a great day!

aliaslaceygreen
October 21st, 2015, 09:55 AM
Good morning, all....A bit sunnier, a bit warmer... must go run some errands before work today...
Laid out some old blocks for Christmas the other day and settled on a layout.

Looking forward to a three day weekend....my last before Christmas! Each day is booked solid of course!!

Take care, all!

SewnByBee
October 21st, 2015, 09:59 AM
Good Morning Monique and everyone.

What Day is it ?....... HUMP DAAAYYY. ��

Sorry, my mom loved that and it still makes me smile to think about it.

Baby, it's COLD outside and inside too. Forced us to turn on the heat, that or freeze, to soon
but what can you do.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, full of blessings ��

Oh my lil buddy is having a Birthday he's 16.
119787Happy Bday SCOOTER DOG !!!

Monique
October 21st, 2015, 10:02 AM

Monique, love the picture. It took me a second to get it, I'm kind of slow first thing in the morning.

It's a day off work, woo hoo! Not sure how much sewing I'll get done. I have a definite goal, we'll see how close I get.

Our Kansas City Royals played a great game last night, but my husband always teases me because I tend to root for the underdogs. So when the score started getting lopsided I commented that I don't like it when the cameras focus on the the losing team. I just feel so bad when they show the losing team looking down. My husband told me I could not start rooting for the Blue Jays! I guess I'm an awful sports fan because when he watches football, I'm always rooting for the team that is behind!

It's okay I know you are a closet Blue Jays fan. (wink, wink)

Iris Girl
October 21st, 2015, 10:10 AM
Morning all! Have been up since 4 as usual. Sunny here today and already 53 should be in the 70's today and tomorrow then back to the 50's. 3 loads of wash out on the line. Swedish meatballs made, stroganoff meat sauce made, italian meatballs in the oven. House has been sprayed for fleas still trying to get rid of all of them since no more kitty we want it clean before we adopt a new kitty. Worked some on hubbys shirt. Treating myself to an omelet for breakfast with hash brown potatoes, red and green peppers , bacon and cheese inside. Thats about it for me today Back to work tomorrow.

Grandma Nan
October 21st, 2015, 10:28 AM

Lori it is really appreciated that you cheer for the Jays. There are a lot of hopes pinned on todays game so cheer loud (in your head) so your hubby doesn't suspect anything.

Sylvia H
October 21st, 2015, 10:48 AM
Good morning everyone! Wasn't yesterday a silly day? I had the heat on in the morning, and the windows opened in the afternoon. Windows closed this morning, but I have been able to keep the heat off. We are going to have a few more warm days. I love the days when I can have the windows opened.

Judy, you will definitely have to make some clothes for your little chi! I've never had a dog smaller than a cocker spaniel, and I don't know how I would do with a teeny tiny one. But, my great interest in dog training was because of three very well trained chihuahuas that I met when I was a child.

Monique, is that meat grinder usable? I remember my mother using one for grinding meat and nuts. Happy Birthday, Scooter. I hope you are getting some treats and maybe a toy?

April, you have my mouth watering! There is some awesome good eating going on at your home. Have you tried the 'bombs' that you put in rooms in the house to get rid of fleas (and every other bug, too)? It has been so long since I had a flea infestation, but I had several at a previous home, and those bombs were the best thing. They killed the fleas and prevented any eggs from hatching. You do have to leave the house for several hours, however.

Yesterday I finished the first gift bag - figuring out the missing details from the incomplete instructions. Then I went on to make another bag. Hopefully, today I will get the third made, and then on to some UFOs.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Monique
October 21st, 2015, 11:09 AM
Good morning everyone! Wasn't yesterday a silly day? I had the heat on in the morning, and the windows opened in the afternoon. Windows closed this morning, but I have been able to keep the heat off. We are going to have a few more warm days. I love the days when I can have the windows opened.

Judy, you will definitely have to make some clothes for your little chi! I've never had a dog smaller than a cocker spaniel, and I don't know how I would do with a teeny tiny one. But, my great interest in dog training was because of three very well trained chihuahuas that I met when I was a child.

Monique, is that meat grinder usable? I remember my mother using one for grinding meat and nuts. Happy Birthday, Scooter. I hope you are getting some treats and maybe a toy?

April, you have my mouth watering! There is some awesome good eating going on at your home. Have you tried the 'bombs' that you put in rooms in the house to get rid of fleas (and every other bug, too)? It has been so long since I had a flea infestation, but I had several at a previous home, and those bombs were the best thing. They killed the fleas and prevented any eggs from hatching. You do have to leave the house for several hours, however.

Yesterday I finished the first gift bag - figuring out the missing details from the incomplete instructions. Then I went on to make another bag. Hopefully, today I will get the third made, and then on to some UFOs.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Sylvia, it is just for show.

Snip Snip
October 21st, 2015, 11:15 AM
We have our heating/cooling set to "auto" so lately we have been getting the furnace at night and the AC in the afternoon. Gotta love this crazy weather! (We live near a quarry and it is much too dusty and loud to have windows open. This is fodder for a real rant one of these days.....just warning you)

dwil23
October 21st, 2015, 12:46 PM
Good Morning, (barely)! I really overslept today. Got so much to do, and vacation days are slipping by fast. Back to work Friday night. DS asked me to go back tonight and help with DGS's since he has to work late. Baby Sawyer is an angel! - all he does is sleep and ea every few hours. I have yet to hear him cry, but I am told he does a little. Evan (3 yo) is at "that age". He's not a bad kid, but into everything and DIL is worn out.

Granny Judy - congrats on your new little one! I have a chi and he is so sweeet. He is the second one I have had. They really are such good dogs. I looked and looked for mine the other day and he had curled himself up into the blanket in his bed so well I couldn't see him. We have dachshunds that do the same. And a big Happy Birthday to Scooter! He is precious - Dachshunds are another favorite breed of mine. Spoil him rotten (I know - how will he know, you do everyday, right?).

MayinJerset
October 21st, 2015, 01:39 PM
Checking in late today as I had an At Home morning OT appointment to take my first At Home shower and it went very well. Of course Erin, my OT therapist was right outside the shower curtain to make sure I did it safely and to give a little assist if I needed it. I got myself into bathroom, sat on toilet and undressed and then stepped into the tub with ease. Was worried about that because sometimes my legs just don't want to step over anything more that 2 inches high. Sat on bath seat and once washed I made it out of the tub, sat on toilet again to dry off and dress myself. It took almost an hour to accomplish this chore but my hair and body feel so good and clean. Erin gave my first shower effort an A+. She's extended my therapy sessions to 2 more next week and on Monday I'll shower again with DH Gene helping me. That's the way I'll be showering until I grow confident enough to do it alone.

The current At Home OT and PT sessions will end next Thursday and I plan to continue therapy as an outpatient at one of the local rehab gyms. I can always go back to At Home sessions during the winter when the weather would be a factor in my going outdoors.

toggpine
October 21st, 2015, 05:18 PM
May I'm so glad to hear you are making such great progress! Nothing is better than a hot shower, in your own home!

I have dinner in the oven and the last couple of loads of laundry cycling through. I need to go make ears and a trunk for Emily's elephant costume. I will also cut the netting for her tutu. What respectable elephant wouldn't have a tutu for Halloween?

First stop, sandwich and a coffee refill!

Bubby
October 21st, 2015, 05:27 PM
May...I'm thrilled to hear you are doing so much better. Take it slow and steady. We need you here...please take care. (((HUGS)))

SewnByBee
October 21st, 2015, 05:56 PM
Checking in late today as I had an At Home morning OT appointment to take my first At Home shower and it went very well. Of course Erin, my OT therapist was right outside the shower curtain to make sure I did it safely and to give a little assist if I needed it. I got myself into bathroom, sat on toilet and undressed and then stepped into the tub with ease. Was worried about that because sometimes my legs just don't want to step over anything more that 2 inches high. Sat on bath seat and once washed I made it out of the tub, sat on toilet again to dry off and dress myself. It took almost an hour to accomplish this chore but my hair and body feel so good and clean. Erin gave my first shower effort an A+. She's extended my therapy sessions to 2 more next week and on Monday I'll shower again with DH Gene helping me. That's the way I'll be showering until I grow confident enough to do it alone.

The current At Home OT and PT sessions will end next Thursday and I plan to continue therapy as an outpatient at one of the local rehab gyms. I can always go back to At Home sessions during the winter when the weather would be a factor in my going outdoors.

May, so glad you are making progress, you will get stronger and better before you know it.

Do be careful and cautious, that's smart. Enjoy being able to be back at home.So happy to see you post up😃

SewnByBee
October 21st, 2015, 07:04 PM
SCOOTER DOG, stays THANKS, for all the B'day wishes. Me too.

This Doxie dog is the smartest dog I've ever had.Well trained, learns new tricks as
If he was a pup. He's not allowed to do some of the tricks anymore because of his back so we just taught him some new ones, teaching him to speak might not have been the best idea. He always gets the last word. REALLY

.yes today, a new bag of Lamb's ears, a new bag of Lean Treats and yes a Toy ,
that want last an hour but it is his day so its ok. He gets one along,
he just destroys them.119818 �� our baby !!!!
I wish I had gotten two dachshunds. I'm keeping my eyes open for people who raise them. I'm even a bit interested in the long haired. I might deside to
raise some myself, I truly love this breed.

Ginny B
October 21st, 2015, 09:59 PM
Happy Wednesday. I am sitting here wearing my GEICO "Guess What Day It Is" t-shirt. Hubby works for them so he got me two of them. They are very comfortable to sleep in.

It was really warm here today. My friend and I got to sit outside at work for lunch. We thought we had seen the last of those days for this year. It was a nice surprise.

May, it's so good to hear about the great progress you are making. Take things slow and easy. It is so great to have you posting here with us.

Enjoy the rest of this Wednesday and sleep well tonight everyone.

quiltingtrish
October 21st, 2015, 10:46 PM
Iris Girl - in case you see this, try Morton table salt for the fleas. We had them and couldn't get rid of them. We sprinkled it pretty hard on the carpets in every room, let it sit for a day or so - vacummed them up, did it again and we never saw another flea. Weird, but it worked.