PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Night Owl

kimsophia
October 21st, 2015, 02:06 AM
Man! We had two hours of terrifying lightning and thunder and got 1.69 inches in those two hours! This owl was afraid of her nest getting set a'fire! :O Scary! It did set a house downtown on fire.

I've been making ribbon roses. I need a glue gun! Any good brands or info I should know about them?

Hootie hoo! @,@

stationarymom
October 21st, 2015, 02:22 AM
Hoot Glad to hear that you made it to your nest and everything was ok.I have a daughter who loves thunder storms when she was little or I should say younger she used to stand out on the steps looking for lightning .I always got the job of bringing her back in crazy kid.We haven't had a storm like that in a long time(Thank goodness).It's all quiet here now all the other owls are in bed even the puppy.Sterling(puppy) is getting funny he hops like a deer when he is playing and shakes his head so hard I'm surprised he hasn't given himself whiplash.I've been working on and off on the quilt for my dd it's hard to sew in the day because Sterling thinks everything is a tug of war toy.

Lightwriter
October 21st, 2015, 02:57 AM
Well, all the witches were out here tonight; even a stuffed owl! i attended a ladies night out where homemade chili was served and most of the guests were dressed in witches costumes. The costumes were very creative...and the chili was cooked outside in an old iron pot. The event was held at an old store in a very rural part of our community. There were witchy decorations and they even had the movie The Wizard of Oz running. He...he...he....he!

Slept for a bit; up for a bit flying around the forest. Day One of Reno went smoothly. Deck demolished, footings dug and poured.

Still no sewing, bunch of errands to run.

Hope the thunder and lightning calm down for you.

Have a good Wednesdaay.

Simply Quilting
October 21st, 2015, 03:00 AM
I, personally, prefer the low temp glue guns. I have just a basic one that takes the smaller size sticks.

I'm headed to bed after I get a few more stripes of fabric sewn together.

Have a hoot of a night everyone :)

Monique
October 21st, 2015, 03:17 AM
Was sound asleep when hubby called for a drive home. He's now sleeping and I am not.

toggpine
October 21st, 2015, 04:26 AM
The livestock guard dogs are barking at whatever is making the weird screeching sounds outside. It could be a long night at this rate. I don't sleep well with them carrying on like this. I've gone out and checked our fences with the flashlight (eyes show up better), but nothing at our fences. Which is WHY we have the guardian dogs. There have to be easier meals in the neighborhood than going over a fence with hotwire and through 100+ pound dogs to get a goat or a chicken.
Tomorrow is a sleep in morning. I'm off to catch that extra hour we found when Em's therapist called in sick for tomorrow. It's regular late-start day!
Hugs! Cathy

kimsophia
October 21st, 2015, 04:47 AM
I once heard a possum shriek. Just awful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkncjNn-ygE