PDA

View Full Version : I'm keeping her!

RiverMomm
October 20th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Poor Jean, I have decided to keep her. I think I have talked her ear off. Hey, maybe talked both ears off.

Nope, she can't go back to St. Louis. Canada will be that much richer with if she stays here.

A selfie in windy Massena, NY.

Lori63
October 20th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Isn't Jean wonderful? It's great meeting forum friends!

Mom23
October 20th, 2015, 11:41 PM
She's the best! Even though Jean and I live 100 miles apart, I've been in a funk just thinking about her moving. Save travels tomorrow sweet Jean. May the airport gods be with you!

Simply Quilting
October 21st, 2015, 03:02 AM
So glad that you ladies got to meet up. Have a safe trip home Jean :)

Monique
October 21st, 2015, 03:18 AM
Maybe next time I will join the fun.

Bubby
October 21st, 2015, 08:19 AM
You can't have Jean but we will share her with you!

songbird857
October 21st, 2015, 08:23 AM
Awww... looks like you two had a blast!

Sandy Navas
October 21st, 2015, 09:42 AM
So much of the world has been conquered by her charms. She's a true lady. Thanks for sharing the selfie!!! Now we've got you pegged, too!!

Grandma Nan
October 21st, 2015, 10:32 AM
Poor Jean, I have decided to keep her. I think I have talked her ear off. Hey, maybe talked both ears off.

Nope, she can't go back to St. Louis. Canada will be that much richer with if she stays here.

A selfie in windy Massena, NY.

I totally agree Vicki. We need to get our Jean Sewing Machine closer. Canada would love to have her.

Grandma Nan
October 21st, 2015, 10:34 AM
Maybe next time I will join the fun.

Monique, Jean and I have already talked and sometime soon when she is in Massena we are going to have a Forum Retreat North. I can have it at my house and you and Vicki and anyone else who is close can come and we'll have a ball.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 21st, 2015, 02:39 PM
I am so sorry to have to head home, because Vicky and I had a blast together! We could talk and talk for days, and maybe even get a little sewing done! We looked at her Singer XL-6000 embroidery machine, it is about 10-12 years old, but was really ahead of its time when she got it! Imagine a never ending bobbin, and an embroidery machine that changes the thread color automatically! Wow! I would have loved to play with it some more if only we had more time.

What do you NY Canadian folks think of going here for a retreat? Prices are good!

Ahamblin
October 21st, 2015, 10:59 PM
Jean, glad you had so much fun.
I would be interested in a retreat there. Only a couple of hours from me.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 22nd, 2015, 12:27 AM
Jean, glad you had so much fun.
I would be interested in a retreat there. Only a couple of hours from me.

I knew it was close to you Ann. Have you ever been to that place?

Ahamblin
October 22nd, 2015, 12:50 AM
I have never been there but have been in that part of the state. Its very pretty. They also have a retreat center in Holley. I could check that one out. It is about 30 minutes from me. The benefit of the Holley location would be close to an airport while Silver Lake is a distance from airports if anyone was flying in but a shorter drive from the North Country. I'll ask my DIL if she is familiar with Silver Lake. She is from a town not far from there.

RiverMomm
October 22nd, 2015, 03:57 PM
I am so sorry to have to head home, because Vicky and I had a blast together! We could talk and talk for days, and maybe even get a little sewing done! We looked at her Singer XL-6000 embroidery machine, it is about 10-12 years old, but was really ahead of its time when she got it! Imagine a never ending bobbin, and an embroidery machine that changes the thread color automatically! Wow! I would have loved to play with it some more if only we had more time.

I loved visiting with Jean!!! We talked and talked . .. so much fun.

I pulled out my old embroidery machine. I was having a terrible time with the hoops. They just wouldn't go on. It has been years since I have even looked at it and to be honest, I never did take the time to learn the machine. Life got in the way right after I bought it and I have forgotten more than I learned. Jean took one look, played around for 2 minutes and put the hoop on. Oh, yeah, I was doing it upside down. I, the person who has taken machines apart, fixed the insides of computers, conquered Photoshop was trying to put the hoop on upside down! Just another moment that shows me that I truly don't have a grasp on technology. Thanks Jean, now I have another machine/toy to occupy my time during the winter months.

After we played with the machine, we left it up and continued our little chat fest downstairs. DH comes home from work. A little while later, I am in the kitchen and he walks up with a smile and quietly asks "Is there anything you would like to talk to me about?" I thought for a moment and came up blank. I mean, let's be honest, I don't think he would be interested in everything fabric oriented that Jean and I were gabbing about. "No, not really". He gets a bigger smile and says that he has been in the sewing room and is there anything I want to tell him. I look at him. He has a cute little smile on his face and looking at me like he is Ricky and I am Lucy. ---. . . OH, the machine! That's one of my old machines! He actually thought I had gone out (with Jean) and bought a fancy, new machine. (Oh, course, now that I know how well he took the news of a new machine coming into the house unannounced, well, hmm, gives me some ideas)

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2015, 04:16 PM
No Vicki, you can not have her. I don't even like the idea of her leaving the St. Louis area, but completely understand her having nothing to hold her here any more. Just hope just doesn't move to far away.
I can also understand you wanting to keep her. Isn't she just the best? I love her to pieces. If she does move, I hope it is out towards the KC area (even Hamilton)....there are several forum members that live within driving distance in that area so she would not feel so all alone.