PDA

View Full Version : Annual Employment Breakfast Day is done!

Ginny B
October 20th, 2015, 09:58 PM
And all went well. OK, as well as it could considering there was a bad accident that closed one of our highways in both directions for hours this morning. A few people just never made it and one of our presenters and also one of our honorees were stuck in the traffic jam and got there just as the program was beginning. But other than that, things ran pretty smoothly . Later on in the day, the Assistant Director that oversees the Vocational program came to my desk and gave me a nice flower arrangement in a watering can and a cute little plaque to say thank you. That made me feel good since this was my first year taking a big role in the planning of this event. She said she couldn't have done it without me and she was very pleased with how smoothly things went. :icon_bigsmile:

So tomorrow, I put together our final numbers of attendees/no shows, make my notes on what to change for next year and put everything into the file cabinet until next summer when we begin plans for next year's event. Time to move on to things that need to be finished up for another (smaller) event on Thursday for one of my other Asst. Directors and also work on figuring out how we will be putting together all the responses we are receiving from a major survey we recently sent out.

I am never bored at work that's for sure.

Lori63
October 20th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Glad it went well! I know you've been working hard on it.

Sandy Navas
October 21st, 2015, 10:05 AM
Ahh, and I so remember the joy you felt when you switched to this job. Great move!!!

MayinJerset
October 21st, 2015, 12:44 PM
Glad all went well with your first Employment Breakfast - you do good work girl.

Ginny B
October 21st, 2015, 09:16 PM
Thanks everyone. It was a good feeling for sure.

irishrn
October 21st, 2015, 09:19 PM
Ginny, so glad it was a good day for you!!! Relax when you can!