PDA

View Full Version : Morning My New Friends!!

mitzs
November 5th, 2011, 12:25 PM
A fresh pot of coffee is ready and biscuits are in the oven. Help yourself. :icon_bigsmile:

My box of material arrived a little while ago. I have decide that 5yds of purple material may be a tad to much. :D
I hope you all have a great day. I know I plan to.

Genny
November 5th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Good morning...5 yards may be a tad too much...BUT purple is a really pretty color!:icon_bigsmile:

mitzs
November 5th, 2011, 01:31 PM
It is such a rich deep purple Genny. I think it is beautiful. I think I am going to get some really white fabric with maybe a sheen to it and make log cabins from it. I think that will make the purple pop! Ohhh, or maybe those half square triangles with the purple on the bottom and the white on the top.

Kizzie
November 5th, 2011, 01:34 PM
o0o0o0o this sounds goood!!! I found some fabulous butterfly material with purple on it and gold mettallic I think I'm such a sucker for metallics ahaha! they look sewww speshalllllllllll

So what cookies do we have on mmmm I can smell them baking now - I make a cake every 3 days my hubby has the maddest metabolism - I'm not sure how healthy it is but he is lean and can eat lots of cake!!! so we have a little coconut sour cream cake left over might grab me a slice and a good stong cuppa!

mitzs
November 5th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Kizzie! I love coconut. Would you care to share that recipe? I've never heard of it before. That is just beautiful fabric. Any idea what your gonna do with it yet?

o0o0o0o this sounds goood!!! I found some fabulous butterfly material with purple on it and gold mettallic I think I'm such a sucker for metallics ahaha! they look sewww speshalllllllllll

So what cookies do we have on mmmm I can smell them baking now - I make a cake every 3 days my hubby has the maddest metabolism - I'm not sure how healthy it is but he is lean and can eat lots of cake!!! so we have a little coconut sour cream cake left over might grab me a slice and a good stong cuppa!

toggpine
November 5th, 2011, 01:44 PM
BLASPHEMY! There is no such thing as TOO MUCH material!

:D
While it might be more than you need for the current project, the rest is a deposit in your stash. The funny thing is that at some point you will wish that you had "just a little bit more" to round out some other project that you found to use it in! Trust me on that one!

KiltedQuilter
November 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Purple and white sounds good mitzs!

LOL! @toggpine :D

Kizzie
November 5th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I havent bought the fabric yet - I have only just come across it today but I think it would be awesome in a block triangular pattern type - no idea yet though hehe

That recipe is absolutely delish its quite a nice moist cake... The only issue is I know it in grams and cups etc not like ounces not sure where you are from! lol just use a converter or something lol!!!

I will post my two fav cake recipes down in the baking section! :) I'll let you know when they are up!

mitzs
November 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM

I here by promise those words will never EVER leave my mouth again! :)

oldgurl4
November 5th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I here by promise those words will never EVER leave my mouth again! :)

~mitzs~ I'm glad We understood each other..... lol...lol

Oooohhhh My Goodness... Did you said "PURPLE".... and Log Cabin!
Now! that's a PERFECT Combination....and I will show you whyyyy....
What a Coeenky-Dinky!!!...STEP in to My Office.....lol...lol:icon_bump:

Sorry for the Delay....:0
I'll have to PM it to you since it mysteriously dissapeared from My File/folder.
When I get home I'll send it to you. I want you to get an idea how your perfect combination will look like.

P.S. I'll be take a raincheck on the coffee & buiscuits....Howww SWEET! Thank-U!

~Kizzie~ That CAKE SOUNDS :icon_drool: HEAVENLY!!!

Tic-Toc.... Tic-Toc.....No Rushhhhh!!!!:icon_sleep: :icon_razz: :D

Have A Great Day!
TTYL

rebeccas-sewing
November 5th, 2011, 03:36 PM
It won't be a tad too much if you use it to back a quilt!

mitzs
November 5th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I can't wait to see it Oldgurl4. Thank you.

mitzs
November 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Thats a good idea, and I will keep that in mind if I've not used it up in a couple of years. lol

It won't be a tad too much if you use it to back a quilt!

Loonwatcher
November 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM

:D

I hereby decree that mitzs be confined to her sewing area and made to stroke that purple fabric until she comes up with 3 projects to add to her to do list that she can use that lovely fabric in.

mitzs
November 6th, 2011, 01:35 AM
I hereby decree that mitzs be confined to her sewing area and made to stroke that purple fabric until she comes up with 3 projects to add to her to do list that she can use that lovely fabric in.

Yikes! Getting my quilting books out now. Stand down Loonwatcher stand down!! :)