PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday a brand new day

Monique
October 20th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Good morning friends. A quick hello as the power is supposed to be out from 7-8 this morning.

A long day yesterday but it went quickly. I did not get much quilting/knitting/crocheting done at all.

I awoke to a new Prime Minister this morning.

Have a great day everyone and SMILE!!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 20th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Hello Monique and all my Canadian friends! I'm so close to you now, I can see Montreal from my hotel! Just kidding! But I will be meeting Vicky in a few hours, so this day will be a lot of fun! And I will see Montreal today! First time in eastern Canada! Except I might have stepped foot across the border in 1950 when I saw Niagra Falls!

My grandkids are going to their new school today. We went by the school yesterday and the kids saw two houses across the street for sale. They said, " Grandma, you need to move here and buy one of those houses so we can come to your house after school". Great plan, but I'd have to chew on that idea for a while! Especially with winter coming on!

Hope you all have a great day!

SewnByBee
October 20th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Good Morning Monique,

I had a long day too. I think I have most of my plans in place for my daughter's friends wedding gifts I'm making. This girl is one of four of my girls so a Keepsake gift was in order. I can't believe their so grown up,
and one getting married. Gees, I could have sworn they just started school. Oh well.

Have a grate day EVERYONE. I gotta get everything down, be blessed.

Lori63
October 20th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Good morning all:)

Jean, I bet your grandkids would love to have you move near them! Don't you just love it when grandkids love you so much? Yesterday when my granddaughter saw me, she came running with her arms wide open for a big hug. It just makes your day! And she loves sewing with me, doesn't matter what it is, or what fabric, she loves hanging out with me!

Same ole thing for me today...work, home, dinner, then maybe a little sewing if things don't come up. It seems they always do in the evening and I get very little sewing done during the week. Oh well, there's always the weekend!

Have a good day :)

songbird857
October 20th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Good morning!
Jean, doesn't Vicky live in Missouri?? Wait, so both of you (who live in Missouri) are meeting in New York/Canada???? Or maybe I just have all of this mixed up!! ;)
Bee... wow - sewing for your daughter's wedding... someday that will be me - no idea when, though :)
So, yesterday, I was able to track down a copy of the quilt pattern that I somehow misplaced when switching rooms (I either threw it out by accident, or I'll find it as soon as I finish the quilt!) The designer was kind enough to email me the scanned pages from the magazine. Good thing, as this is the quilt I am keeping for my bed, and poor hubby is getting tired of waiting after seeing all of the other quilts and assorted items walk out the door to other recipients ;)
I do need to get some rotary blades this morning - my last one was fidgety last night so I stopped cutting. Did you know walmart sells the 5 pack of fiskars 45mm for $13.99??? Hopefully they have some for me. If not, I did see another brand last time I was there, I think they were Westcott...
I hope everyone has a great day today :)

Sylvia H
October 20th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone! Having my SECOND cup of coffee! And, I have to confess that I turned on the heat yesterday - after writing about how I try to wait until the end of October! In spite of the warmer weather outside, my house just wasn't feeling it, and I was starting to get cranky over being cold. So, on went the heat.

I started making a little gift bag yesterday, and I was reminded of why I don't like to make bags, LOL! The directions were sketchy, and there was a bit of frogging as I had to correct mistakes. So, today I will finish this, which is just the practice bag. I want to make two others to really use as gift bags.

I have a few errands to run, some laundry to do, and the rest of the time is free for quilting. YAY!

Wishing everyone a great day.

Monique
October 20th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Good morning!
Jean, doesn't Vicky live in Missouri?? Wait, so both of you (who live in Missouri) are meeting in New York/Canada???? Or maybe I just have all of this mixed up!! ;)
Bee... wow - sewing for your daughter's wedding... someday that will be me - no idea when, though :)
So, yesterday, I was able to track down a copy of the quilt pattern that I somehow misplaced when switching rooms (I either threw it out by accident, or I'll find it as soon as I finish the quilt!) The designer was kind enough to email me the scanned pages from the magazine. Good thing, as this is the quilt I am keeping for my bed, and poor hubby is getting tired of waiting after seeing all of the other quilts and assorted items walk out the door to other recipients ;)
I do need to get some rotary blades this morning - my last one was fidgety last night so I stopped cutting. Did you know walmart sells the 5 pack of fiskars 45mm for $13.99??? Hopefully they have some for me. If not, I did see another brand last time I was there, I think they were Westcott...
I hope everyone has a great day today :)

Vicky lives near Montreal, Canada and Jean is visiting with family in the US not that far from Vicky's.

And the power never went off.

RiverMomm
October 20th, 2015, 09:30 AM
doesn't Vicky live in Missouri??

I used to live near St. Louis and we still own our house there. We moved to Canada a few years ago for my husband's job. I have since become a dual citizen which means I am Canadian as well as American and have passports from each country. My husband is Canadian and our sons are dual.

We had always planned on moving back to St. Louis when he retired, but both of our sons have since moved out west to a BIG island on the west coast of Canada. We will have to decide if we want to move back or move to Vancouver Island or maybe somewhere completely different. But everyday, I miss my cute little grandsons. We visit but it's so far away.

So, yes, Songbird, my home is in St. Louis. My heart is with my hubby (Montreal), sons and grandkids (Vancouver Island). I am a Cardinal fan all the way. One day I will figure it all out.

And that is my life in a nutshell. ;)

Have a great day!

Cathy F
October 20th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Morning all,
Woke up to a chilly and windy morning. Wish I could say I've been productive but I have been down since the weekend with a bout of divitulitis. The antibiotics are finally taking hold and seems there is some improvement this morning which I am thankful for.
I have a quilt retreat coming up in a few weeks so I'm hoping to get some Christmas gifts made while I'm there. Lots of ideas hopefully enough time to create them all!
Jean, I love how your grandkids want their grandma across the street from the school! Enjoy your visit today, always great when you can meet a forum friend.
Off to get the day started and maybe a cup of tea this morning.

Sandy Navas
October 20th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Woke to thunder, lightening, and RAIN. First rain in a couple months so it was needed and welcomed. Almost half an inch. Could have been snow though - but it isn't that cold here . . . yet.

Having lunch with my BFF Donna, been hanging with this kid since grade school. We always have some serious giggles.

Other than that I'm just having a great day!! Hope you do, too!!

JCY
October 20th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Sylvia, Our thermostat has been turned up for several days. DH weighs only 118 lb.! so he is feeling cold much of the time. With the weather we have here in Colo., it can be in the 40's in the a.m. & up to 80 in the afternoon. So the furnace runs in the a.m., & by late afternoon, we may have the windows open! Crazy, isn't it. We live at almost a mile high. The atmosphere is thinner, so it heats up & cools off more quickly. We have a possibility of showers late today into tomorrow. Yest. was the date of our ave. first snowfall. Not gonna happen this year.

I'm working my way along with the Herringbone quilt. I have 1 more row of blocks to sew together, then I can sew the 6 rows together. As I work on it, the pattern & fabrics have sort of grown on me, & I'm liking it a little better. I'm still not crazy about quilts with a lot of white in them. I've already practiced a FMQ design that I plan to use on it.

DH sees the dermatologist today about the rash. He's so miserable. The dr. said it was caused by a virus. The Rx the dr. prescribed seemed to make it worse (DH has a lot of allergies), so we quit using it. I'm using OTC Benadryl anti-itch cream on it now.

dwil23
October 20th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Good Morning, all!

Slow start this morning, but still so much to do to get this house "in order". UGH. I've opened the windows it's a nice cool 70 here this morning! Spent yesterday doing laundry, floors, and various other non-fun things. I hope tomorrow I can have some fun! Tonight we will go to babysit my two grandsons while Mom and Dad go out for their eighth anniversary. Can't believe it has been eight years already.

Vicky - wow, I have to say - I know what I would decide - Vancouver Island is one of my favorite places ever! Throw in your sons and grandkids - what more could you want????

Monique - maybe I missed it, but why do they keep turning off your power?

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day, prayers for those in need...

Simply Quilting
October 20th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Good Morning! A beautiful fall day here - no rain. The temperatures are suppose to be almost 80 degree so we will be heading outside to enjoy the beautiful day today.

Have a great Tuesday everyone :)

ceiliam
October 20th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Morning all got 2 donation quilts for mom finished yesterday going to machine quilt today. Need to get a few done, have 6 waiting to be quilted including a COC quilt. I am so slow hate health issues, makes it hard to sit long periods of time. Have a great day all.

alliek
October 20th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Good Day everyone! Beautiful, cool, clear day in southern VA today. Going to JoAnn's with my DH today. They closed the store almost a year ago to re furbish the mall it is in. I'm looking forward to seeing this "new" store. I hope it is a little more organized than the last one was! We have to travel about 30 miles. The only other store that sells fabric is Hobby Lobby and Walmart near where I live. Hobby Lobby also carries a pretty good supply of the notions and thread so between them and MSQC I do OK. LOL! There is also a LQS in the same town as the JoAnne's store. They carry a beautiful line of goods. Everyone have a Blessed Day, Rain or Shine we can do some good for ourselves or someone else. Smile. Give Thanks. God Bless.

Monique
October 20th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Good Morning, all!

Slow start this morning, but still so much to do to get this house "in order". UGH. I've opened the windows it's a nice cool 70 here this morning! Spent yesterday doing laundry, floors, and various other non-fun things. I hope tomorrow I can have some fun! Tonight we will go to babysit my two grandsons while Mom and Dad go out for their eighth anniversary. Can't believe it has been eight years already.

Vicky - wow, I have to say - I know what I would decide - Vancouver Island is one of my favorite places ever! Throw in your sons and grandkids - what more could you want????

Monique - maybe I missed it, but why do they keep turning off your power?

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day, prayers for those in need...

Quebec Hydro has been leaving messages saying they are shutting power off for 1 hour for maintenance. Two days in a row and they haven't done it yet.

K. McEuen
October 20th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Quebec Hydro has been leaving messages saying they are shutting power off for 1 hour for maintenance. Two days in a row and they haven't done it yet.

You know they are going to turn it off for real without telling you! That is how it always happens.