PDA

View Full Version : Night owl gives a hoot

Lightwriter
October 20th, 2015, 02:13 AM
Looking for extra feathers tonight...chilly willy. I think i hear a few squirrels rattling the nuts in their tree as they curl up to get warm. Supposed to warm up some tomorrow.

Tomorrow an adventure begins. The old decrepit deck behind our house will be torn down and a sunroom built. Nothing fancy, more an enclosed porch. We have been down the renovation road several times before and I know crazy things usually happen. We have some real corkers of some stories! Hope it will progress quickly without too many problems.

DD sent me the material from NYC. It was good of her to do that. She is a very busy little cookie.

Hope all is well in your little corner of the woods. Pull up another quilt and have a good snooze.

stationarymom
October 20th, 2015, 02:19 AM
Hoot I didn't think the owls came out tonight because of the cold.It is actually a little warmer here tonight than it was this am.My sons puppy didn't know what to make of the grass crunching under his paws this morning.It was a quiet day here today,one of my sons friends showed up and asked if he could make dinner for us so I offered the kitchen to him.He made us a chicken casserole it came out good.Connie I hope your reno goes without a hitch,luckily it is going to be a little warmer while your reno is in progress.

Simply Quilting
October 20th, 2015, 02:29 AM
After a cold Saturday, we have quickly warmed back up. It is suppose to be 80 degrees tomorrow. Our big weather item right now is trying to hold onto the tree branch as the wind has blown hard all day and continues on. It is hard to believe after such a wet spring that we are near drought conditions. While traveling Friday and Saturday, you could just look out the window and see the dust blowing. I know some of it was from combines harvesting but other dust was just from the wind blowing the dirt.

We went to the mystery dinner theater at church tonight. The scene was a bowling alley in 1963. The mystery was who took one of the bowler's medals. It was very enjoyable and the meal was delicious.

I have yet to see a renovation go as planned. Which would probably explain why we don't do many renovations. May your renovation go smoothly.

Have a hoot of a night everyone :)

jjkaiser
October 20th, 2015, 02:36 AM
Just got home from work and have next two days off because I worked all weekend too. Hope to get in some quilting as have neglected my current hq project for four whole days. Wed going to see our newest GD born one week ago, pretty little Camille Azalea. We say her the day she was born but DD lives a ways away, 5 hr round trip so can't see her every day. Wed when we go we are taking DD #2 "Aunt Katy" with us cause she was working last week when little sis was in labor. So tomorrow I will try to rustle up a few things for a care pkg to take with, and maybe make some pumpkin bread cause it's that time of year. Plus it smells so good when you're baking it. And that's what's going on in my neck of the woods tonught!

toggpine
October 20th, 2015, 04:56 AM
My plans for the day were completely changed when I dropped Em off at school. They needed a couple of volunteers to help with the hearing and vision screenings. That is one thing I'll gladly take time out of my day to do. It makes such a huge difference to catch those problems early.
I came home and got started on the next phase of cleaning the treadle machine. It had been well oiled over the years, but the oil had turned brown, like the gunk in the corners of the cookie sheets after a few years. I used some of my dairy detergent that is designed to cut through milk fat, to gently clean her up. It also helped to have the mix fairly hot. So far it does not seem to damage the delicate decals nor the shellac finish. It does however loosen up that 90 year-old oil and dirt!
I spent most of the night working on her.
Now Shadow is trying to claim my lap and the iPad as hers. I'll be off to the nest now! Happy hooting!

Carol336
October 20th, 2015, 06:04 AM
Up at 4....one more time, this is really getting to be a habit

It's chilly chilly chilly here right now. But I don't mind, kinda prefer it to the heat.

Good luck with that reno.....don't envy you at all. I'm sure you're gonna love that new sun porch when it's all done though.

I'm going to a mystery dinner in November with a group of girls from our dancing group. Really looking forward to it.

Camille Azelea - wow what a beautiful name - and I'll bet she's even more beautiful than her name.

Getting ready to send my first quillt off to be quilted. It's more of a wall hanging, but to me it's huge - LOL.

Need more joe!!!!

SewnByBee
October 20th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Just saying hi, was up at 300 here, just found your post.
I've been going to sleep earlier than normal, so I miss seeing yall
So wanted to check in. Hope all is well, be blessed.