PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, November 5

Sandy Navas
November 5th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I don't believe it. I'm on here before my BFF Blondie? As I typed that I thought - I sure have a lot of BFFs on here!!

I woke early because I'm still coughing. The tonsils are still the size of goose eggs, but it's a dry cough and the tonsils aren't sore. I'm feeling a whole lot better this morning. It really seems as if I've been down with a cold too many times this year. I think the grand kids breathe on me and I catch whatever flies out of their little mouths.

Al is headed to Jefferson City today as he is scheduled to take his written exam to become certified as a court interpreter - and I elected to stay home this trip. I've really not been productive the last three days and I want to get caught up on a few things. What better way to do it? I do like the road trips with him as we have so much fun, but if I'm not with him he'll throw a language CD in and listen to it, thus reinforcing what he's been working on. I know he'll do fantastically well.

I keep running across things on the internet that I think would be fun to make for the kids and then I look at my list and realize I need to just STOP looking. I do spend way too much time on here. Maybe that will be my New Years' Resolution - because I can NEVER keep those . . .

Headed to the sewing room - first off make a lining for a purse DD made for her DD#1; 2) put the applique on the back of my denim shirt and embroider my name on the front left - so I don't forget my 'name tag' at the Guild meeting; 3) another request for DD to make her a knitting needle case - specific instructions; 4) prepare the two printed panels I'm using for exchange with my SIL and Sis . . . need for the 21st; 5) take a breather. Hope I can get that all done today.

Hugs and special prayers where needed. I hope everyone has a wonderful, happy, productive day filled with warmth, sunshine, good health and profits.

MRoy
November 5th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Good morning Sandy. I hope you have a great day and continue to feel better throughout. Good luck to your husband today.

Klasien
November 5th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Hi Sandy,

Nice te read your little story.
I just joined this week and love it here. But there are a few things that I don't get......(I think because I'm from the Netherlands....,that's why my english is not always as it should be too) but I read a lot of words I just don't get....
Let me start: SIL.....DD.....DH.....are the first that pop into my mind..(I hope this question is not that stuppid...)
Please tell me what that means..

I just began putting batting and backing on my first quilt.....I have no idea how, but just doing it will learn me how to work this thing. After that I have to start quilting, my guess is on the machine, but I have to figure that out as well.....my husband is gone for the weekend for a fair, so he will not be back before Tuesday, for me a good time to start and finish my first real quilt, made with MSQC fabric.

Have a great weekend!
Klasien

mianmom
November 5th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Good morning all! I think my day will be getting the two tote done for my aunt and laundry, the never ending battle. DD wants to go to the neighbors later we'll see how much I can get done first.

Sandy glad your feeling a little better, hope you cough goes away soon! Good luck to your husband!!

Klasien welcome to the forum, I think you'll like it here! Just to let you know SIL means sister-in-law, DD means Dear Daughter and DH means Dear Husband. I hope that helps.

Have a great day everyone!

middlesis1966
November 5th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Good morning to you all! It has been a super busy week here and Im ready for a breather. I have had to learn a new skill and its taking time away from the fun things, sewing!!! But thats got to be a good thing because I am learning alot. I am greatful to have a job that I love and can learn new things about it. It does involve more brain power then skill so I'm having to spend more time with it. I have to train 6 dudes so I have to make for sure I know my stuff when I go into training. Today is gonna be a me day and I am not going anywhere, or at least try not to but my warm comfy home.
Have a fun filled day girls!!!

Lisaau
November 5th, 2011, 10:43 AM
(((((((((((Sandy)))))))) I hope you feel better soon my bestest buddy I love you and your not allowed to make any new years resolutions about not spending as much time on here because I will cry if you do..... hehehe.....

Klasien

welkom heten op de website klasien dont zorgen maken over uw Engels zijn perfect en we kunnen begrijpen je.

kziggy
November 5th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I have a busy day ahead. I finally will have a whole room for my crafts again. I am also excited because I have my top for my wall hanging done. Problem I want to just bring the binding from the back of my quilt and not cut strips. I am to afraid of doing that. I also am going to get a new foot for my sewing machine. I would love just a new machine because all i have is a singer simple and its just as the title says simple. I am so ready to finish my first quilt! oh lots of grocery shopping to today blah.

BellasQuilts
November 5th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Good morning! Sandy, glad to hear you are on the mend. What language is your husband getting certified for? Spanish?

Klazien, take your time; smooth it all out and be sure everything is centered. Jenny shows you how in her video Making Baby quilts No. 3 http://www.youtube.com/user/MissouriQuiltCo#p/search/3/x2akVq9m2NE.

Mianmom, Yes, I wish laundry would just do itself!

Good morning to all and I hope you have a stellar day!

Bubby
November 5th, 2011, 12:14 PM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE..

DH AND I ARE ALMOST READY TO LEAVE FOR MOST OF THE DAY, BUT WANTED TO SAY HOWDY TO EVERYONE BEFORE WE GO. IT'S ANOTHER GLOOMY COLD DAY...OH IF WE COULD ONLY CHOOSE OUR SEASONS TO KEEP AND THE ONES TO GET RID OF....

SANDY, HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ARE ON THE MEND. IS THERE ANYTHING MUCH WORSE THAN A BAD COLD? TRY TO HAVE A SLOW DAY AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER......

NOTHING MUCH HAPPENING IN MY CORNER OF THE WORLD....MAYBE A QUICK RUN INTO THE QUILT SHOP TODAY WILL FIX THAT...NOT THAT I NEED ANOTHER PROJECT TO GET WRAPPED UP IN! DH IS BEGINNING TO NOTICE HOW MANY THINGS I HAVE PARTIALLY MADE....I TELL HIM MY CREATIVITY RUNS IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS ON DIFFERENT DAYS. HE JUST SHAKES HIS HEAD AND LEAVES MY SEWING ROOM WONDERING WHAT KIND OF GAL HE MARRIED!

IT'S TIME FOR US TO HIT THE ROAD. eVERYONE HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY FILLED WITH EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE YOU LOVE....

Sandy Navas
November 5th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Good morning! Sandy, glad to hear you are on the mend. What language is your husband getting certified for? Spanish?

Si, mi esposo es Colombiano.

Genny
November 5th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Si, mi esposo es Colombiano.

CRAP...I can't read this!!!...lol...
Sandy glad you're starting to feel better and hope Al does really well on his exams!

K. McEuen
November 5th, 2011, 12:57 PM
CRAP...I can't read this!!!...lol...
Sandy glad you're starting to feel better and hope Al does really well on his exams!

Hahaha!! It says "Yes, my spouse is Colombian." Living in New Mexico and high school Spanish kicks in!

I'll be sewing, on something today, just not sure what. Just got finished looking through my floral swap blocks again. So many pretty blocks. I was going to haul a bunch of old computers down to the recycling place today but it's very windy and sort of rainy here today so that will be put on hold.

HandsOffItsMine
November 5th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Aloha everyone,

Sandy, glad to hear you're feeling a tad better. My dentist visit yesterday left me with a sore mouth and a sore wallet. :(
I'm sure Al will do well on his exam, crossing my fingers and toes as I type.

Klasien, know that you know what SIL, DD, DH mean - you feel much better. I problem is when I read the Margriet and Libelle, discuss it will family on the phone/Skype in Holland is when you say the word in Dutch or when you guys kill the word in half Dutch/English. LOL Like Yuppy which comes out Youpie by an Amsterdammer. Cracks me up but them I speak American Dutch now according to my family. Been here since '75, use to speak Dutch with my Mom daily, but she passed away 12 years ago. The only one who gets an earfull now is my husband when he does something really, really bad. :D

We're suppose to have some bad tropical storms today, I'll be patsing around and sewing some.

Wish everyone a beautiful day, prayers for those in need, hugs to all, Ruby

oldgurl4
November 5th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Sandy!....Awwwww.... Sorry to hear that.

Well....have no fear...... Carmen is Here!

I've got the Perfect! "HOT TODDY" For YA!!! it's My Special Blend.... You like Whisky?
I should Bottle this Stuff Up!

Well thank Gauuuudddd.... You only have to type here!

Colombian! Really!... Just the other day I had Empanadas, Chorizo and Arepa con Queso....that was Delishhhhh!
I will be ordering for X-Mas.... what's your address??
Tell Al "Buena Suerte" from Me.... I got my candel lit Up!

Take CARE of those Golden Goose Eggs! LOL..LOL (i had mine removed)

~Klasien~ Where are my manners....I missed Ur arrival....."Bienvenida al Forum!!" Happy you found us..... I'll be PMing (private messaging) you in a bit with niffty video sites. Congratz in advance on your first Quilt. don't forget to post Pics for Us Enquiry newbies...hee-hee

~Lisa~ I No Spikky Italiano!....lol...lol I knoww I knowww it's portuguese ;) :p

~Ruby~ I feel for Ya!!!....You are the forth person in 2 months in my circle realm, who's delt with Crowns and Wisdom teeth...and a BIG WHOLE in Their Wallets Too!!!
I feel for You...Indeed!!
Noww Aren't you Glad MSQC has does Nifty Daily CHEAP Deals!
Yeahhh...Me Too!!...LOL...Feel Better.

It finally COOLED down here in South Florida but To bad I'm stuck at work this weekend.

Well You all have a Wonderful Day! Stay Safe...

TTYL [talk to you later]

KiltedQuilter
November 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I need to just STOP looking.

Quick! while Sandy's not watching! :icon_bah::icon_crazy::icon_rofl::icon_giggle::ico n_whistle:

Today, besides being silly, I will be hoping to get the housework done(almost there!) get the dinner on the go(once I get off of here!) and finish a Xmas pot holder/mat/thingy(only another 3 to do as gifts!). Fingers crossed there won't be too many fireworks tonight, yesterday the church beside(it really IS beside us, no joke) us had a display and didn't bother to tell us about it. I was all ready to call the police as I thought it was the local kids....may have to have a "word" in the pastor's ear come Sunday...hmm.

Kizzie
November 5th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Morning lovely ladies!!

Well whats this with all the languages!!! here is a fact for you - longest word in Wales

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch

No lie!!! it means something like the little railway on the hill or something ahah I dunno but my mum made me learn it and the welsh national anthem!!!

Goodluck to Al Sandy im sure he will not need it though Ruby I had 2 mean wisdom teeth while I was preggies with little miss but I couldnt get them taken out till after she was born and I'm soooo scared of needles!!! so anyways after she was born 3 weeks after I braved myself and went to the dentist they dosed me up and out came two very bad looking teeth - they fit fine in my mouth but I coudlnt get my toothbrush up far enough to clean them - all my other teeth are find dentist said! but definitely 1000 later and we really didnt need it at the time - then I lost my passport 1 week before coming home argh it was a nightmare ahahah!!!

I'm still so very excited that my hubby has likened the idea of getting a 13 or 15inch long arm hehe!!! I'm doing a happy dance!! yippeee!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

toggpine
November 5th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Hi everybody!
It is so good to see some new faces/names mixed in with the ones I have grown to know. I hope you will keep popping in so we can get to know you too!
I have been working on a few small things in the sewing room. It is nice to get the fabric moving again.
I realized that the can of window cleaner I used a few days ago is crap, or had the wrong label on it. The window are all streaky. They look like I used non-stick cooking spray and smeared it all over with the paper towel. UGH! that is what I get for trying to use up the bajillion cans and bottles of cleaning stuff under the sink. Back to the Windex and washing the windows AGAIN. I think that makes me more angry. Who wants to do house chores in the first place, and who really wants to do them twice? Arrgh! I just can't look out an icky window! Sorry, but I just noticed this as I looked out the window while typing. Guilt is over riding my desire to quilt.
By the way, has anybody seen my keys? I figure since I can't find them anywhere, I might as well ask, since they will turn up in the most illogical place. They are the back up house key, P.O. box key and a few others that are necessary, but non-essential to daily survival. They have a Kermit the Frog dangly and a bungee thing for your wrist. (Obviously I didn't use THAT!) If you find them will you please leave them on the hook by the door or drop them in my purse. Thanks.
I'm gonna go clean windows, hunt for the keys for another 10 minutes, and go back to the fabric therapy.
You all have a good day!
Cathy

oldgurl4
November 5th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Quick! while Sandy's not watching! :icon_bah::icon_crazy::icon_rofl::icon_giggle::ico n_whistle:

LMAO!!! Okay.... I'll make your Hot Toddy with SCOTCH.... LOL...LOL

~toggpine~ No More Tody For YOU!!....heee-heee

~Kizzie~.....Tic-Toc Tic-Toc.....

Kizzie
November 5th, 2011, 05:43 PM
AHhahaa Old gurl you make me laugh!! I had that recipe up hrs ago !! lol 1.5hrs before this post even hahah!!
your are No1 today! Gold star for you lol hehehehe

quiltingtrish
November 5th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Hello everyone! A happy saturday to all. Hope you are feeling better Sandy, as the day goes on.

Participated in a craft sale today. It ran from 9-3 and I sold 1 (ONE) table runner at 3. I was surprised that there weren't many people buying. Oh, there were lots of people but they just weren't buying anything.

I did have a great time with my friend and sister who stopped in to chit-chat and I did get lots of Christmas gifts, plus now I have many more since I didn't sell anything but 1 (ONE) table runner - haha! Oh well. Did have a nice day.

Looks like Katie won't be home until Tuesday. Now the other people are saying they won't sign her over to us until we go get a new guardianship paper signed. So, DH will pick her and all her stuff up Monday night or Tuesday.

Well - off of here for now. I need to go check out the other posts and see if there are any new projects posted.

Hugs,

Monique
November 5th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Well this day is almost over. Really did nothing. Went with my hubby up to the hunt camp to make sure the water wasn't freezing. YES it was. We got all the pipes drained, water heater drained and the pump. They don't use the camp in the winter. They are having a closing party in two weeks, but the pipes would have burst if left too much longer. Invited out for supper, no sure if we are going.

No quilting today for this cat.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 5th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Sandy, I hope you feel better soon! :(

I am with you on the too much to do and then get on here or watch on of Jenny's video's on you tube and man there is one more thing I want to make!

Hope Al does well. Tell him good luck for me!

Loonwatcher
November 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Hi all. Sadly, I'm too beat to read all your lovely posts. We went to New Hampshire last night for our annual Christmas shopping spree. Out to dinner, stay in a motel, shop all day today and now back home. I'm getting too old to shop all day. But we were very successful and have very little left to buy for Christmas. Although I still have some sewing to do. We left Concord around 2:30 for a 2 1/2+ ride home. But DH agree to take a side trip to Henniker to go to the Quilting Threads quilt shop that Our dear friend Martha recommended. It was great. Got to go sometime without DH so I can take all the time I want to browse around. I did pick up a few yards of fabric for a couple more table runners - these might be for me! The only downer on the trip was that the last guest in our room had set the alarm for 5:20 and never shut it off. So, this morning at 5:20 I'm turning on lights to find my glasses so I can find the right buttons.......UGH! I never went back to sleep - DH did though!

Hope everyone feels better soon.

Sandy Navas
November 5th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Cathy, it is soon to be winter - why are you cleaning windows? I told Al the other day that ours were a mess and I should go out and clean them and he assured me that once it snowed we'd not notice the dirt. He encouraged me to wait until spring. When it is warm I squirt them with the garden hose and just squeegee down!

Divine Daisy
November 5th, 2011, 09:28 PM
i have a theory about cleaning windows. When they get so bad that you have to turn the lights on during the day and its therefore costing you money.....THATS the time to clean them!

sewmuchjan
November 5th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Hi all my quilting friends!! I have been sick for the last 3 days!!! So forgive me if my fingers don't work so well!! My house is a mess and my quilting is on hold and I am so upset about all that!! I did get dinner made for tonight and now I am ready to go back to bed!!! Need to shake this to go to work on Monday, Boss is on another vacation the 3rd in 2 months so I have to be there!!! DOG GONE IT!!! Wish I could afford someone to clean for me that would be a vacation in it's self. !!!!

So off to bed again see you all Sunday if I make it!!!! :( :(
Love and hugs me
Jan G

Genny
November 6th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Hi all my quilting friends!! I have been sick for the last 3 days!!! So forgive me if my fingers don't work so well!! My house is a mess and my quilting is on hold and I am so upset about all that!! I did get dinner made for tonight and now I am ready to go back to bed!!! Need to shake this to go to work on Monday, Boss is on another vacation the 3rd in 2 months so I have to be there!!! DOG GONE IT!!! Wish I could afford someone to clean for me that would be a vacation in it's self. !!!!

So off to bed again see you all Sunday if I make it!!!! :( :(
Love and hugs me
Jan G

Sure hope you're feeling better, if not then just go back to bed and spend the weekend there, if you can. As for bosses and vacations...they just seem to go together don't they!:icon_rolleyes:

toggpine
November 6th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Oh JanG. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

As for the windows, my sewing room and kitchen get the sunshine on the days when we have some. I live in Western Washington, and we are not known for having a lot of sun, especially from September to July. So when it does appear, I want to be able to enjoy it. It really bugs me to look up and see that streaky crap on my windows. I swear it looks about as bad as when I grease the bottom of the pyrex dish with Crisco.
The outsides aren't too bad as I don't have Cardinals trying to bash their brains out on them. This stuff is on the inside. The woodstove being fired up all winter does not help I am sure.

I didn't get too much done around the house today. Mom called to say that the replacement modem had arrived. I have been trying to set up the DSL wireless at their house for about a week. This is modem #3. I am pretty sure now that #1 was OK. It appears to be a problem with the the two competing wireless things sharing the same box. They have a wireless phone system at that end of the house. When I plug the phone base in to the phone port it knocks the DSL out. If I split the lines from the wall and then run the phone through the old DSL box, everything works fine. Modem #2 sounded like somebody left a paperclip inside when the refurbished it. To accomplish this task, I had to climb around under the desk in my brother's room. I'd say he lives like a pig, but that would insult the pig. When I left, Dad's computer was up and running, and Mom's laptop was now connected to the wireless network. Success! I also cleaned out another bit of my old bedroom while I was waiting for things to download. I figured that I really didn't need my college chemistry notes any more. Now what to do with the old text books....

I am going to try to get a few more pieces cut in the next hour, and then hit the hay.

Still haven't found the keys.... Maybe if I had a few of those Toddies I'd have better luck, or perhaps just not care!

Night everybody, or good morning to those of you on the flip side!
Cathy

mitzs
November 6th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Sandy, I hope you and Jan are feeling a lot better tomorrow. Big hugs for you both.