PDA

View Full Version : Destin, FL in October......Perfect

pcbatiks
October 19th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Good morning, forum friends. We were in Destin this past week for DH's vacation.....our 1st time in October. I highly recommend it! The weather was perfect, the view was awesome, the seafood was delicious & spending this relaxing time with hubby was priceless. We did a whole lot of nothing.......just sitting & staring at the view & walking & enjoying the view. I even watched parts of a few Craftsy classes while watching the sunset (posted a pic of that already) or at night listening to the waves. Also read a few stories from M* Stitched Together book while sitting on the beach. We planned to stay Monday thru Thursday but stayed an extra day because it was so nice....with the condo owner approval of course. It's not like we barricaded ourselves in the room and refused to leave. However, that did cross our minds. :D

Sonic.....I did my best to eat as much shrimp as possible for you. Said in my best "Bubba Gump" voice........I had fried shrimp, broiled shrimp, shrimp tacos & shrimp alfredo. :D ....and a few slices of key lime pie. :icon_tup:

Here's a few pictures of the sunrise, sunset & the view.

119690 119691

119692 119693

119694 119695

Navy Wife
October 19th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I love the north FL coast. DH was stationed in Pensacola many years ago, and I did a lot of beach walking. The water is so blue and the sand so white!

Sandy Navas
October 19th, 2015, 11:04 AM
A perfect get away!!

Grandma Nan
October 19th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Wow that sounds like the perfect vacation.

jjkaiser
October 19th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Sounds heavenly--beach, blue water, white sand, palm trees...and all the shrimp you can eat. Only thing missing an ice cold tropical drink, but you probably sampled a couple of those too!

KPH
October 19th, 2015, 08:38 PM
I want to go...............

SewnByBee
October 19th, 2015, 09:50 PM
OMG , Love, Love, Love, Some Toes in the White Sand in Florida.

Glad you got to go , I'm jealous, just kidding.
Hope we get to go next year, we'll have one out of collage.

songbird857
October 19th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Just beautiful :)

Jean Sewing Machine
October 19th, 2015, 11:18 PM
I love the beach at Destin. Several friends and I went there several years ago and we loved every minute of it. Destin is a popular destination for people from St. Louis, seems everyone we talked to was from around the St. Louis area.

kensington
October 19th, 2015, 11:39 PM
We love Destin. We used to go there when we lived in Pensacola.

auntiemern
October 20th, 2015, 02:39 AM
Absolutely love Destin...Beautiful beach, beautiful water. It was always my favorite place I ever visited in FL....well till we go to Disney in May. (It may change)

Sonic
October 20th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Oh so beautiful! The view and tasty fare brings back so many memories.
Sounds like it was a just right get away.

(I trust you didn't notice the lamp in the fabric vault was was slightly askew from the 'house sitting' job)