PDA

View Full Version : Frosty Sunday Morning

Ginny B
October 18th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Good morning. A little frosty out there this morning. We got all of our mums planted yesterday. This morning we are headed back to the same nursery but not for more plants. We are meeting the daughters, sil's and grands there to see Otto the Ghost, go on a train ride, etc.

Then it's back home and into my sewing room for a bit. I did get some time in there yesterday too.

Hope everyone has a good day.

KPH
October 18th, 2015, 09:15 AM
It's pretty close to frosty here. A trip to the grocery store this morning and sandwiching "Phoebe's Wishing Star" this afternoon. I'd like to get it in the mail tomorrow. Bless her heart, at 5 she's dealing with cancer. She had her super short cut on Thursday of last week. After dealing with the increased shedding she finally decided it was time to shave it off. Her loving big brother (7 yrs) wanted a cut just like hers, and Grandma joined in, too. At 5 Phoebe knows that her family and friend are supporting her.

Sandy Navas
October 18th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Sending support for Phoebe, too!!

Still dark here, don't know if I'm getting up or ready for bed.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

RFREE
October 18th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Good morning all. It is frosty here too. I got up to put the dogs out and I thought it had snowed! Heavy frost for us. I might suggest we go to the Aurora country festival this morning. I wanted to go yesterday but forgot all about it.
Yall have a wonderful Sunday.
Hugs from western KY.
Rhonda

Just went back and read the post about Phoebe. Prayers for this precious little girl and here family. To young to be dealing with any illness let alone cancer.

Bubby
October 18th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Morning Everyone.

It frosted here last night. Our sweet and quite na´ve neighbor called me early to get up and enjoy the first snow of the year!

We had a great day yesterday visiting some of the local flea markets. I found a Longaberger basket with fabric liner, divided plastic insert and lid that will make a great sewing basket. Also bought a Jadeite covered dish and a cute Halloween plaque. Jeff had a ball looking at tools and guy stuff. He actually found the Jadeite piece.

Wishing everyone a great day.

MayinJerset
October 18th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Also frosty here in Jersey. DH and DS#1 removed the dead azalea shrubs and planted some new healthy ones, hope the frost didn't damage them. Adding a big mum plant by the front door and hanging the Fall wreath up will get the front of the house decorated nicely.

DS#1 stayed for dinner and his DD#3 (DGD E) joined us. She baked a delicious apple crisp for our dessert and brought some vanilla ice cream, perfect end to a tasty dinner. Caught up with her news as last week she began her first job as a RN. She's working 3 twelve hour shifts a week and learning so much each day. So happy for her.

Sister C will be here this afternoon so I better get moving preparing something for our lunch. Hope everyone has a good day.

MRoy
October 18th, 2015, 10:10 AM
We had frost yesterday and this morning. There was a freeze advisory for this morning, but it looked more like heavy frost. I finished a gift quilt yesterday and I plan to put a small donation quilt on the frame today. The fabric has turtles on it and I've found a turtle quilting design that I'm going to try out.

Monique
October 18th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Good morning. Both Les and I slept in this morning. Mind you, we both took something to help us sleep. So it is a late start to the morning here. We also have a heavy frost here this morning. We are not going to the auction sale after all. I just don't feel like going, regardless if there are 4 sewing machines. Ok, I registered on-line for a live web cast of the auction and registered as well. One of the featherweights are now at $190 and the other is at $10. The one at $10 only comes with case, which is in bad shape. The other one obviously is the better one.

Yesterday I worked until noon. VERY quiet morning. I had a surprise visitor in the afternoon. A friend I bunked with a couple of years on one of those bus trips I take. What a wonderful surprise.

Today I need to gather all my stuff for tomorrow. I work the elections and need some things to do when it is quiet. We are a small polling station so I suspect it will be very quiet.

Have a great day friends.

toggpine
October 18th, 2015, 01:18 PM
We have drizzle instead of frost here this morning. It's supposed to drizzle off and on all day.

I made triple cocolate cupcakes last night for Dad's birthday dinner tonight. I'll make some frosting and make them all pretty before we head over to watch the football game with them. Not much else one the agenda for the day.
I may put a few things in a bag and drag my machine with me to get some sewing done while we hang out.

May you all have and enjoyable day!
Hugs, Cathy

Carlie Wolf
October 18th, 2015, 03:47 PM
We got frost here (WV). Fortunately I had a warning so I picked a nice bouquet of flowers. Got the last of the herbs in for drying, repotted a few of the house plants that had to come in, put the hose in the basement, shut my windows and checked that the heat would come on during the night. I was all tucked in and was ready for anything :-) It all worked out.

RiverMomm
October 18th, 2015, 04:08 PM
And so, it begins.

judimccl
October 18th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Prayers being said for Phoebe, and asking God to wrap his arms around the entire family and give them comfort during this