PDA

View Full Version : A much needed laugh.

RFREE
October 17th, 2015, 09:28 AM
So I was sitting in my office yesterday at work when the cutest little 3rd grade girl came in holding her zip binder in front of her. She had the cutest pink silk and black dress on ;all dressed up; for a presentation on asian carp project to be done in front of many parents and even the local news. (Group project mind you)
Anyway she came in and said they sent me to you. My teachers tried and tried but they couldn't get it out! She held out her book for me to see she had zipped the front of her dress into her binder!! She was attached to it but good!
The teachers couldn't get it out and had torn a couple little holes in the gauzy ( cant remember what its called) fluffy overlay on her dress. She had literally minutes before her presentation. I tried and tried to get the zipper out to no avail. I finally called her mother who was 10 minutes from the school and said its gonna be the dress or the binder. She said do what you want it will be fine. So I decide I would cut the zipper off the binder and salvage the dress.This still took several minutes.
That's not the best part....... As I started cutting the zipper;with the only pair of scissors I had.. Elementary blunt nosed that probably not cut hot butter lol; she starts telling me ( in her adorable very heavy country accent) " Yea I gotta take this dress back to K-mart tonight" "Yea me and momma gotta return it." OMG I thought I would crack up.
I needed this laugh sooooo bad. Kids are brutally honest.
Her dress wasn't without injury but wasn't as bad as it could have been. I am sure she won't be taking it back to k-Mart though!

Bubby
October 17th, 2015, 09:34 AM
This is priceless...what a little sweetie.

Hulamoon
October 17th, 2015, 09:46 AM
How cute. First I got a giggle from the Asian carp. Maybe she can use the dress and turn it in to a costume.

MRoy
October 17th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Awwww, that's cute and gave you the laugh you needed right now. Kids really do say the darndest things!

Sandy Navas
October 17th, 2015, 10:32 AM
I would have wet my pants on that one!!

Mom used to work in a high-end retail clothing store when she was young. She often told about the 'snooty' girls from school bringing back clothes that they had worn to special occasions. Guess that is a more common practice. Too cute.

Lori63
October 17th, 2015, 10:56 AM
I think it's a very common practice because our local stores that sell special occasion dresses have big signs saying no returns. Heck our local Walmart has signs that it won't take back air mattresses, only exchange them. I think they have too many people camping once and returning them.

SuzyQue
October 17th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Wouldn't it be cute to turn that little dress into an Asian Carp pillow? or something like that? Not that you need another thing to deal with right now. What a cute reminder of this precious moment.

alliek
October 17th, 2015, 02:21 PM
THAT is precious, wish I could have been there to hear her in person. Kids are great, and mom deserves kudos, dressing up her little girl when she might not have been able to afford this dress. Way back I went to a second grade presentation to "mom's" and the kids all read a little paragraph about their moms (unedited). I remember laughing till the tears rolled down, especially when one little one said his mom "liked to go out for some beers with her friends". Kids are great. SO ARE TEACHERS! Thanks for sharing.

bubba
October 17th, 2015, 02:59 PM
I used to work with a woman and they had a little girl (she died when she was two or three years old :( ). She used to go to Nordstroms, pick out expensive dresses then go get photos done, tucking the price tags where they would not be seen! Afterwards, she would take them all back.

jjkaiser
October 17th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Glad the "surgery" was successful. I am sure that little girl will be retelling this story many times in her future and it is something neither of you will ever forget! Thanks for passing it on.

grandma nurse
October 17th, 2015, 09:17 PM
As I was reading this I keep wondering what position you held at the school. Because as a retired school nurse I was expected to fix everything from stuck zippers to gum in the hair. When checking your profile I see you must also be a school nurse. It is interesting what all the teacher think the school nurse can take care of. And you know what..........we usually do fix the problem.

RFREE
October 17th, 2015, 09:55 PM
I used to work with a woman and they had a little girl (she died when she was two or three years old :( ). She used to go to Nordstroms, pick out expensive dresses then go get photos done, tucking the price tags where they would not be seen! Afterwards, she would take them all back.

Yes her tags were actually tucked into her dress too!!!

RFREE
October 17th, 2015, 10:04 PM
As I was reading this I keep wondering what position you held at the school. Because as a retired school nurse I was expected to fix everything from stuck zippers to gum in the hair. When checking your profile I see you must also be a school nurse. It is interesting what all the teacher think the school nurse can take care of. And you know what..........we usually do fix the problem.

DING DING DING.....We have a winner!!! LOL Yes I am the school nurse and yea you are so right. Why do they do that??? I have fixed broken shoes,flip flops,boots,zippers, and no telling what else that I have forgotten about. It is my first year in an elementary school at least for the whole school that is and I really enjoy the kids. They make me laugh everyday. And yes some make me cry. No 2 days are the same and plenty to do everyday.