PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Fall Saturday morning

Ginny B
October 17th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Good morning all. Chilly morning today with a brisk fall feel. We are headed to nursery this morning to get some colorful mums. Then we'll come home and plant them and smile at the beautiful colors. I also have some laundry to get done and some sewing room time will be on the list too.

What do you all have on your lists today?

Time to get some breakfast and get this day moving along. Have a great day all.

Marta
October 17th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Lucky you. We had 40* C yesterday and today has started out hot. I am headed for my air conditioned sewing room. I so miss Fall .

Bubby
October 17th, 2015, 09:46 AM
We had our first frost last night. Time to get out my flannel jammies and sweatshirts....this is my favorite time of the year.
Hugs and best wishes to everyone for a good Saturday.

Sylvia H
October 17th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Good morning, all! I love this time of year. Cool enough for jackets and sweatshirts - but you don't have to bundle up in coats, scarves and mittens. (We'll be getting there later!) I have a lovely view of changing leaves from my living room (where I spend most of my computer time). I do have one problem with fall, though. JJ loves chasing the blowing leaves. Ever try to walk a 96 lb dog who wants to chase leaves? He is so funny - sometimes he waits for the leaves to come to him, like a hockey goalie.

Not much planned for today. Laundry is on the list, and maybe, I'll go and pick up my Babylock. I'm not in desperate need, as I am now using the little Bernina. I am glad that they were able to service it without any issues. Some quilting will be done, probably more piecing. I'm glad that I am getting back into the swing of sewing every day. Seeing projects developing is more rewarding than doing laundry, dusting or sweeping!

Wishing everyone a good day!

MayinJerset
October 17th, 2015, 10:10 AM
A bit chilly here also. My list of things to do today is to pick up some azaleas to replace the ones that died this summer. DS#1 will be here this afternoon to plant them for me.

Yanna
October 17th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Beautiful morning here in south Louisiana. 64 degrees and sunshine. Couldn't ask for better weather.

Sandy Navas
October 17th, 2015, 10:26 AM
A bright, clear, gorgeous start of my day.

Not sure what's on the agenda - it seems to constantly change from one room to the next. Would someone just slow me down for a bit?

Wonderful visit with family yesterday and a wonderful celebration of my brother's birthday.

SuzyQue
October 17th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Lovely, cool, frosty, fall morning here, too. Well......afternoon now. It seems I just can't get on here early enough lately. I finished the binding on a changing pad this morning and packed the box to be sent on its way. The kids have gotten the baby bed and it needed some linens.........so.........well the little box was too little and the next size box a little big...........off to sew more burp cloths to fill the gaps. This will make less to take when the babe comes!

Hubby is done with corn harvest and first round of soybeans harvest. Waiting on the slow beans to finish that in the next couple of weeks. Wheat is being planted today, tomorrow, till it rains this week. Yeah! I love the fall look of harvested fields and all the brown patches replacing all the green patches. Constantly changing patchwork of God! Not loving the cooler weather aches, but isn't there always something to complain about.

October is half gone....YIKES! Christmas is coming like a freight train!

quiltingtrish
October 17th, 2015, 09:26 PM
I spent the day with my BFF and another girlfriend. We worked on hand projects - got 4 more of the placemats finished. We had a wonderful day sewing and gabbing. Both of us that drove left around 5 to get home before dark, the deer have started running and we didn't want to get caught in that.
I had a beautiful long drive along the mountain chain - all the trees are going through their change and are just gorgeous.

Kansas farm girl
October 18th, 2015, 12:30 AM
My son drove from Las Vegas to Licking Mo so he could camp for a couple of days and look at the leaves. He said it was pretty chilly this morning when he got up and got packed up to go to Kansas City to see his grandson. He is being allowed 6 hrs Sunday to see the grandson who is 17 mons old. Then driving back to Vegas. Hopefully he will be able to spend Monday P.M. with us. Fall is in full swing in rural Kansas with harvest going gang busters. Corn is about done and soybeans to come. Then maybe I can get back to sewing room. Yea !