PDA

View Full Version : My brother

BobW
October 16th, 2015, 11:45 PM
My brother told me just after the Fall Forum Retreat that he had been diagnosed with lung cancer. He has a tumor in the lung and the cancer has spread to a couple of his ribs. They also found a lymph node that was enlarged.

He was supposed to have the lymph node biopsied and then have a lobe of his lung removed and a couple of ribs removed. The biopsy came back as the lymph node is cancerous, so they did not do the surgery to remove the tumor or ribs. Next week his wife and him will meet with the doctors and go over the options for further treatment.

The doctor told my sister-in-law that they want to do chemotherapy and radiation and then maybe do the surgery.

This is the year that just keeps on giving.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 16th, 2015, 11:51 PM
Bob, that is so sad to hear! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

tamsterg7
October 16th, 2015, 11:51 PM
So sorry to hear of your brothers health issues, and will keep your family in prayers. There are many treatments available now days. My Uncle had lung cancer about 10 yrs ago, pretty grim, but is doing fine now. Stay positive!

Sylvia H
October 16th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Oh, I am so sorry. Sending healing energy for your brother and comfort to you and all his family.

SallyO'Sews
October 17th, 2015, 12:11 AM
Oh, Bob, I'm so sorry. Praying for you and yours, sir.

Simply Quilting
October 17th, 2015, 12:27 AM
{{{HUGS BOB}}} Praying for your brother and you and the family.

Midge
October 17th, 2015, 01:17 AM
I'm so sorry Bob to hear of your family's trouble. You have really taken a lot of hard punches this year. Take heart though, in the sense that there are so many newer drugs that are effective against lung cancer. What was formerly a very grim diagnosis now can often be treatable. My former next door neighbor is still enjoying life 5 years after she received a terminal lung cancer diagnosis. I realize not all cases are comparable, but my neighbor was a subject in a study of one of the newer drugs for lung cancer, which is now fully approved. This newer class of drugs is changing outcomes.

Monique
October 17th, 2015, 01:42 AM
Thinking of you in these difficult times.

Lightwriter
October 17th, 2015, 01:47 AM
Prayers for strength for the entire family to endure this challenge. Lung cancer treatments have come a long way since my Mom passed 23 years ago of the wicked disease. May there be a positive result.

Jewel
October 17th, 2015, 01:57 AM
Bob, prayers going out to you and your family.

Jewel

SuzyQue
October 17th, 2015, 02:01 AM
Prayers from me to you and yours. Hang in there, Bob.

stationarymom
October 17th, 2015, 02:06 AM
Bob I am so sorry to hear that you and your family are going through this.I will have you and yours on my prayer list.I was beginning to worry becausee I haven't seen you post as of late.Hang in there,thinking about you.

shirleyknot
October 17th, 2015, 08:49 AM
((((hugs))))

Ginny B
October 17th, 2015, 09:00 AM
So sorry to hear this Bob. Prayers for you and your family. (((((((Hugs)))))))

Bubby
October 17th, 2015, 09:36 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Bob. My prayers and best wishes are with your brother and the family. (((HUGS)))

Connie Jo
October 17th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Bob I am so sorry. Cancer is such a sad word. My 38 year old niece recently found out she has breast cancer and it is in her lymph nodes. Anyway, the are doing chemo to reduce it before the surgery. Must be the new way. Hope it works for your brother and all is well. Hugs to you and your family.

MayinJerset
October 17th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Hugs and prayers being sent to you and your brother and family.

Sandy Navas
October 17th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Sending hugs and special prayers! Can you tear the 2015 pages from your calendar and just go back?

MRoy
October 17th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Thinking of you and your family during this time. (((HUGS)))

asta
October 17th, 2015, 10:18 AM
So sad to hear this, big hugs and lots of prayers for you and your family.

Shirley
October 17th, 2015, 10:23 AM
So sorry to here about your brother. Prayers to you.

BobW
October 17th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Sending hugs and special prayers! Can you tear the 2015 pages from your calendar and just go back?

Sis that would be such a great thing, if only we could.

Granny Fran
October 17th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Bob, treatments have come a very long way. Sometimes life can seem to be so overwhelming. It is good your brother and SIL have family to help them in this journey. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Lori63
October 17th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Bob, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. Please remember you have lots of friends here on the forum you can talk to if you need too.

easyquilts
October 17th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Bob, I'm so sorry about this..... You know we are all here for you... God bless.......

alliek
October 17th, 2015, 02:02 PM
So sorry to hear about your brother Bob, All will be in my prayers. Stay strong. God's Blessing.

jjkaiser
October 17th, 2015, 02:06 PM
So sorry Bob, this is not good. Lots of decisions to be made, your heads will be spinning. Good luck and I am thinking of you all.

songbird857
October 17th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Sometimes there is nothing else to say.
Praying for you and your family, Bob.. :)

quiltingtrish
October 17th, 2015, 08:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your brother, Bob. I will keep him and the all the family in my prayers.

KPH
October 17th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Prayers for you and your family. It's so hard to watch the ones we love deal with cancer, knowing that we're on the sidelines and can't really do anything but pray and support the best we can.

grandma nurse
October 17th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Prayers for you and your family and added strength to get you all through this.

judimccl
October 17th, 2015, 10:11 PM
So sorry to read this Bob. I will keep him and the family in my prayers.

mommamarsh
October 17th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Caring and positive thoughts for you all .I also sure hope next year is better , please!