PDA

View Full Version : APPOINTMENT WITH SURGEON

RFREE
October 16th, 2015, 11:16 PM
After being up most of the night last night hurting. I pulled a few strings and made an appointment with a surgeon. I didn't call the Dr. office there again why would I bother? My bosses sister happens to be the nurse of a very reputable surgeon. In fact my sister used to work with him years ago. Soooo I called and told the the situation and they said come in Thursday afternoon and we will take a look.They have access to my films and its a done deal.
I am hoping they will aspirate at least some of the fluid,send it off and that should give me some relief. Doing something certainly can't make it worse than it is now. I am relieved to know I will find something out next week.
I think I will take me a dose of melatonin and try to sleep tonight.
Thank you Ladies. You are the bestest group of women in the world.
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda

jjkaiser
October 16th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Good for you!! I am so glad you found someone you could trust to give you a thorough exam, follow through, and definitive answer. How frustrating (and unacceptable) that your first doctor would not take you or your concerns seriously. Sending positive thoughts your way!!!

songbird857
October 16th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Hugs, Rhonda :)

Jean Sewing Machine
October 16th, 2015, 11:57 PM
Glad you will be able to see someone who is knowledgeable and competent. And hope you can get some relief from the pain.

SallyO'Sews
October 17th, 2015, 12:15 AM
Glad you're finally getting to see someone! Hope you can get some good rest this weekend... do keep us posted!

Midge
October 17th, 2015, 12:31 AM
Rhonda, you made a good move to seek peace of mind and perhaps a more responsive medical group. Best wishes, and I hope the visit leaves you with a positive impression, and that your concerns are answered with all the facts you need.

auntiemern
October 17th, 2015, 12:33 AM
So happy that you are finally going to be seen and hopefully get some answers. Prayers and hugs hun.

pcbatiks
October 17th, 2015, 12:45 AM
Good for you!! I am so glad you found someone you could trust to give you a thorough exam, follow through, and definitive answer. How frustrating (and unacceptable) that your first doctor would not take you or your concerns seriously. Sending positive thoughts your way!!!

Ditto.......good for you. Been thinking about you.

Jewel
October 17th, 2015, 01:39 AM
Rhonda, prayers going your way for relief from your pain. Keep us informed on how your doing and how your next Dr's visit goes.

Jewel

MBCA
October 17th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Rhonda, so glad you have finally found someone willing to see you and work towards finding out what is going on and what needs to be done to give you some relief. I also know how frustrating it can be when it seems as though the people you are looking to for answers are clueless as to the stress they are adding to an already scary situation. Pull out some fabric and create, it has been my sanity salvation. At this time I have 4 tops together, if I am concentrating on making a beautiful quilt, it gives me peace. Hugs, thoughts and prayers coming your way!

stationarymom
October 17th, 2015, 02:21 AM
Good for you Rhonda you need to have peace of mind and at least know that someone is taking this serious.Check with this Dr.and ask about ultrasound follow up so they can take actual measurements and be sure there has been no change.

Sandy Navas
October 17th, 2015, 11:00 AM
We've all been pulling for this result. Keep us posted.

laura44
October 17th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Glad you have changed course and are able to get some answers.
Praying all will be well soon. Hugs to you.

MRoy
October 17th, 2015, 12:12 PM
I'm glad you're doing this Rhonda. (((HUGS)))

easyquilts
October 17th, 2015, 01:18 PM
GOOD, I'm so glad to hear that you took matters into your own hands and made this appointment happen... You were quite right not to go back to the other office.. Why?

Good luck Thursday....

alliek
October 17th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Your original treatment was appalling, I would send this doc all the comments made here. We are not an ignorant group, we have a lot of experience among us and KNOW what needs to take place and when. Rhonda I'm happy you found another medical person to go to. You are in my prayers for a positive outcome. God Bless. Be Strong.

quiltingtrish
October 17th, 2015, 09:31 PM
So glad you found someone else to take care of you. Prayers still coming Sweetie.
I do think these days they dick us around so if matters would get worse, they get more money. If they would have taken care of my sister and approved the MRI when they should have, she wouldn't have gone through having her gall stones explode into her liver which put her in ICU with a very low number percentage of living through that nightmare. After 3 years, she is still not back to where she once was.
You have to be pro-active these days and I am so glad you are doing that.

judimccl
October 17th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Rhonda, will keep you in my prayers.