PDA

View Full Version : Spider Bite

Sharyn J
October 16th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Ever see anything like this? My DD is very sensitive to spider bites. She originally saw the bite hole and soaked it, but it got so bad within days that she had to go to the ER.

The pic actually looks better than the real thing.

Suzette
October 16th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Some spiders release toxins when they bite that will not soak away. I am glad she sought help. Some of these bites can be quite serious. I hope she is feeling better soon!

auntiemern
October 16th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Thank goodness she sought medical help. Spider bites can be so serious. Thankfully it wasn't a brown recluse.

bubba
October 16th, 2015, 09:16 PM
A husband of one of my friends got bit by some kind of spider back east and got flesh eating disease from it. Luckily they caught it in time! Hope she gets over it!

Sharyn J
October 16th, 2015, 11:06 PM
She's doing much better with swelling and red blotches starting to fade. I'm glad she got attention and medication. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

Carlie Wolf
October 17th, 2015, 12:03 AM
Ohhh, I feel her pain. When I first moved here something bit me and I ended up in the emergency room too. Totally broke out in hives, the only spot I didn't have them on,literally was my face. I was so sick for at least a week and didn't totally heal for two to three. Never had anything like that in the past.
God I feel sorry for her!

Iris Girl
October 17th, 2015, 05:22 AM
I had what we and the Dr. think was a spider . Never can be sure if you don't see what bit you. Mine got necrotic and disgusting . But the pills and ointment worked well and now you would never know it was there.