PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday AGAIN!!!!!

Monique
October 16th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Good morning friends. I had the scatter brain this morning. Saw something on Facebook, slippers that someone had made, now to go find a pattern. Found this and I think this is what I am going to attempt.

Quilted Christmas Booties | FaveQuilts.com (http://www.favequilts.com/Quilted-Wearables/Quilted-Christmas-Booties-from-Coats-Crafts)

Yesterday I finished the table runner for the swap. I also joined the ornament for MSQC group, so I had to search ornaments. There goes that scatter brain again.

We had a bit of a thunder storm yesterday and the power went out. Heavy winds there at times. Lucky enough our power was not off that long, some were 9-10 without.

House is starting to get a little cold. It may be time to turn the heat on, I think. I just hate to do that. Hubby has decided not to go hunting for the weekend. BOO!! I was really hoping he would. Get him out of my hair for a couple of days. It looks like we are going to that auction sale on Sunday (where there are 4 sewing machines).

Monday October 19 is ELECTION day here in Canada. I am not getting into politics, just to say that I am working the elections that day. SO, I need to gather stuff to work on as there is ABSOLUTELY no electronic devices aloud. If you are caught, you are fired ON THE SPOT. So I will be gathering things to do for 13 hours. Wish me luck.

Well, that is what is happening in my world. OH yes, I think Nancy and I have set a date for our little get together before the snow flies. The first weekend in November seems to work out for both of us. I am looking forward to some sewing time with Nancy.

Have a great day everyone.

(Right hand is itchy - what does it mean for you? If your right palm itches, it means you will receive unexpected money. Therefore, in no case should you be scratching. If you really want to get your money, as soon as you feel itchy right hand, you must slip it into your pocket. Another myth of itchy hands states that if your left palm is itchy, it means good luck. Should I buy a lottery ticket today?

Sandy Navas
October 16th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Buy the lottery ticket! You're going to need it because you are going to come home with another sewing machine on Sunday. hee-hee - I know you will!!!

Off to visit with family for lunch. Looking forward to spending time with some of my best friends ever (my brother and sister, of course). My brother's 77th birthday is tomorrow.

Lori63
October 16th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Yay for Friday! I have my biometrics here a work today which means I can't eat or drink until I get my blood drawn at 9am. Of course that means I'm starving this morning, lol. They'll see I've gained weight, not exercised and all around not taken care of myself this year. And I'll make a promise to do better...and I'll do well for a couple of weeks and promptly go back to my old ways:(. Sure wish I could get motivated to get healthier.

We have dinner tonight with our oldest daughter and some of her friends from chiropractic school, then I think my weekend is pretty much free. There is a huge fall festival near us this weekend. There are hundreds of craft vendors there. I would love to go for a bit, but I have so many projects to do for Christmas, I need to lock myself in my room until I'm done!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Monique
October 16th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Buy the lottery ticket! You're going to need it because you are going to come home with another sewing machine on Sunday. hee-hee - I know you will!!!

Off to visit with family for lunch. Looking forward to spending time with some of my best friends ever (my brother and sister, of course). My brother's 77th birthday is tomorrow.

You do, do you? hahahahaha, rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off.

Cathy F
October 16th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Morning g all,
Looks to be a beautiful fall day out there,leaves on our maples are starting to turn. Love this time of year.
Yesterday was our 49th wedding anniversary. Can't believe how the years have flown by! Our gift to each other this year was a complete bedroom renovation. I can absolutely tell you I'm glad it's over, especially pulling up all the carpeting and padding. My back ached after that one.
They delivered the new adjustable beds yesterday and I slept soundly all night which was a first for me. Usually at some point I end up in the recliner for a few hours.Now I can just push a button and incline.

Good news, the Vietnam Veterans group took the dresser and hutch yesterday. I am so glad someone will get some use of it!

Not much sewing being done here hopefully that will change soon. Hugs to all who may need a few extra today.

JCY
October 16th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Good Morning! A crisp 42 deg. here. The nights are getting colder. The furnace is running; the heat feels good! Yest. I finished the HSTs for the Herringbone quilt. Now I need to lay out the blocks on the floor to see how it comes together. I used a layer cake of Chloe that I had on hand.

Our church has a lunch for seniors once a month. Usually there is a guest speaker; the one today will talk about scams aimed at senior citizens. I signed up to go this mo. We usually pay $5.00 to help cover the cost of the food. Volunteers do the cooking. It's a nice time of fellowship.

The local quilt guild is having their annual show this week-end. I plan to go, probably after the lunch today. I always enjoy looking at other people's quilts & getting ideas for piecing as well as FMQ.

I hope Blondie gets her computer fixed soon. I've missed seeing her on the Forum.

irishrn
October 16th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Morning all! It's a crisp and sunny day in NC. Heard the heat kick in during the night so I know we're heading into a few days of cooler weather. It will still warm up during the day to the 70's.
We're off to another MD appt today. Cardiologist. This should be final one till December unless another pops up!
We discovered at the Tuesday MD visit that DH has a HUGE renal cyst on his left kidney and that is the cause of his chest pain when he is sitting in the car. After all the money spent with cardiologist, we now find out we need to go back to the urologist! YIKES!!
In the past they didn't do anything with them, but they can be drained so we will see.
Finally finished baby quilts ( will get pics later). Hopefully will be in the mail early next week!!

Hope all have a great day. Enjoy the COOL!

Sylvia H
October 16th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Good morning everyone! Waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. If I could drink my coffee without cream, I could have it earlier, but I can't, so I don't. I have to take a thyroid pill first thing in the morning, and cream interferes with the pill, so I wait at least an hour.

More and more leaves are turning here, and I, too, am considering turning on the heat. I'll hold out as long as I can. Turtlenecks, sweaters and socks help a lot. So do quilts!

I finished the top for a Christmas tree skirt yesterday. I am going to make matching pillows today. These are all gifts for son and DIL. I started using my Bernina 350 (won it last year). It sews a beautiful seam. I think I will continue to use it for piecing and use the Babylock for quilting. More piecing and some cleaning are in the plans for today.

SewnByBee
October 16th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Good MORNING,
You peoples get me going, so funny,
Such a insightful bunch,😁.

I need to get more organization done, and get started on my gift project. I am also signing up for the fabric ornaments for M*. Now drag out the Christmas fabrics, so much for organizing, by the time I get out what I need, I'll have a clutter mess again yiiiiiikkks.

Have a blessed day, and a LUCKY one too.🆗

QuiltingRN
October 16th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Hi all! I am heading off to a quilt retreat with friends at the beach! Been trying to pack and finish the gifts for the group everyday after work!

So excited to go, got lots of projects to do. I love retreats, uninterrupted sewing, good friends and all around fun!

We are stopping at three quilt stores on the way, I am picking up Washington Road Trip squares.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Monique
October 16th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Hi all! I am heading off to a quilt retreat with friends at the beach! Been trying to pack and finish the gifts for the group everyday after work!

So excited to go, got lots of projects to do. I love retreats, uninterrupted sewing, good friends and all around fun!

We are stopping at three quilt stores on the way, I am picking up Washington Road Trip squares.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Retreats are so fun, have a wonderful time.

Claire Hallman
October 16th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Seems like you could use some non dairy creamer in the coffee and not upset your medication.
Those slippers are so cute, I have printed that out. Fleece for a liner might be warm and cozy.