PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, one day closer to Friday

Monique
October 15th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Good morning friends. I slept late this morning. My furnace is home (aka Les) and I get to snuggle a little longer in the morning. AND it is so dark so late in the morning now.

I was trying to remember what I did yesterday, ah yes, I made my table runner for the swap. Today I will finish the stitch in the ditch. I could not get it finished last night, as I was watching to see if our Blue Jay's were going to win the ball game. AND they DID!! I am a Red Sox fan like Les. But how can you not cheer on your own counytry's team, right? The Astros lost (Greg's team, as I was cheering them on too).

So today, I will get that table runner finished. I also need to get to town to pick up a mail key. I was asked to work on Saturday. Who can't use that money, right?

Have a great day friends.

Sandy Navas
October 15th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Good Morning, snuggly Monique!!

It is a gorgeous day in the wake this morning. Clear skies and wonderful temps. A good day to be up and moving, which is what I need to do.

Grandma Nan
October 15th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Monique
I was cheering on the Jays last night too. What an amazing game that was. Nail biter, sitting on the edge of your seat game. It definitely could have gone both ways. Texas Rangers were great opposition.

I made a quick trip to the US yesterday with my sis and we managed to use our 50% coupon at Joann's. Also did a full tour of Kohl's and back in time for the game. My son, dil and kids came over for turkey soup and watch the game.

Today is all day in the sewing room. Stupidly, my sis, sil, and I took a table at a craft show and we really don't have too much made for the table yet. Only a month away so I need to get really busy. Its really cool here this morning and really conducive to sewing. I am getting very close to hibernation mode from now to February. Get a toasty warm sewing room, some music and/or TV or radio and lots of stash. Track pants and cosy sweater. A cuppa and I'm set for the big sew in.

Have a smiling day.

RiverMomm
October 15th, 2015, 10:39 AM
What happened to the sunshine from earlier this morning?!? It suddenly started raining and it's dark. Ah, perfect day to sew or shop online. :)

The big news here is that Costco is opening tomorrow, less than 7 minutes from my house!! (Yes, I have timed it!) I am so excited. Hmm, that may mean I need more excitement in my life. But it will be so nice to run over to Costco for food and not have to drive "on island" in Montreal. I will be using Costco like a local grocery store. I am almost as excited for this Costco opening as I was for Target opening. Oh, man, I hope this turns out better than Target!! Target in Canada was a bust and the company closed all of it's stores :(

Even better, hubby works down the street from Costco, so I can call him and say "Hon, pick up a cooked chicken on the way home."

Grandma Nan, I still miss Kohl's. There isn't one where I do my shopping in the States.

Angelia
October 15th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Grandma Nan--I love the hibernation factor! I look forward to winter break when I can do it properly. :)

Monique
October 15th, 2015, 10:54 AM
What happened to the sunshine from earlier this morning?!? It suddenly started raining and it's dark. Ah, perfect day to sew or shop online. :)

The big news here is that Costco is opening tomorrow, less than 7 minutes from my house!! (Yes, I have timed it!) I am so excited. Hmm, that may mean I need more excitement in my life. But it will be so nice to run over to Costco for food and not have to drive "on island" in Montreal. I will be using Costco like a local grocery store. I am almost as excited for this Costco opening as I was for Target opening. Oh, man, I hope this turns out better than Target!! Target in Canada was a bust and the company closed all of it's stores :(

Even better, hubby works down the street from Costco, so I can call him and say "Hon, pick up a cooked chicken on the way home."

Grandma Nan, I still miss Kohl's. There isn't one where I do my shopping in the States.

I was in Costco once with Greg. I hope you get some good bargains.

RiverMomm
October 15th, 2015, 11:02 AM
I was in Costco once with Greg. I hope you get some good bargains.

I buy all of my meat at Costco and package it with my Food Savor (from Costco) to freeze it in dinner size potions for DH and me. I also buy coffee, tea, milk, cream, eggs and veggies. Normally, I would have to plan out a trip to Costco as it took me 25 minutes on the freeway. No more planning. Now, I have to be careful and not buy the fun things I have to walk past to get to the meat section.

JCY
October 15th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Good morning! Filtered sunlight this a.m. A nippy 45 deg. It's supposed to be cooler, ~67 today. It was 87 yest. I'm baking bread today. DH eats spelt bread which I bake for him. I have a bread maker, which I use for the dough cycle, then knead the loaf, let it raise, then bake it in the oven. I like it better than letting it bake in the bread maker.

I visited my LQS yest. to buy some coordinating fabrics for the "lil' cowgirl" fabric. Also got some thread. I hope to get some sewing done today. I need to make another page of quilt labels & hand sew those on -- my least favorite part of the quilt making.

DH broke out in a rash on Sat., which has worsened & spread over much of his body. His back & shoulders are the worst. It itches & feels like a mild sunburn. The dermatologist said he thought it was caused by a virus. (He has not been sick, other than all his usual chronic health problems.) He prescribed generic Kenalog cream to be applied twice daily for 2 wks. Just one more thing added on to the heap of all his problems. I feel bad for him.

I hope everyone has a good day.

SewnByBee
October 15th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Good morning friends.
It's a bit chilly here, but sunny, the cold is coming this weekend.

I've got to pre-wash my fabrics, reds scare me about running.I'll just get it all ready to cut out and get it
Underway.. I'm so excited about finding the Coca-Cola fabrics.

Hoping you all have a blessed day.

aliaslaceygreen
October 15th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Hi, all!!!! I am going to get off my butt and do something. Really. I mean it!! Sigh... I need my internet service to go back to dial up AOL that I paid for by the hour. Geeze.... Have a good day!

Claire Hallman
October 15th, 2015, 12:24 PM
DH broke out in a rash on Sat., which has worsened & spread over much of his body. His back & shoulders are the worst. It itches & feels like a mild sunburn. The dermatologist said he thought it was caused by a virus. (He has not been sick, other than all his usual chronic health problems.) He prescribed generic Kenalog cream to be applied twice daily for 2 wks. Just one more thing added on to the heap of all his problems. I feel bad for him.

I hope everyone has a good day.

I am certainly no doctor but that sounds like contact dermatitis. Have you changed detergent or fabric treatment? That could be the culprit.