PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, hump day

Monique
October 14th, 2015, 07:17 AM
Good morning. I had to ask myself what day this was.

Well, it rained pretty well all day. I did make apple jelly, it is not quite set yet but I am sure it takes pretty darn good. I managed to get into my sewing room, cleaned and oiled the new to me 99k sewing machine. I did notice that it is missing the _____ thingy that the spool sits on.

As I was laying in bed this morning, I remembered that I NEED to make a table runner for the Christmas swap. So I will try and get that done today. My plans never go as planned.

Laundry being done as we speak. So I see a full day today.

Have a great day friends. I sure hope Blondie gets her puter fixed soon.

Today's holiday list:

Today is Bald and Free Day!

Today is Emergency Nurses Day!

Today is International Top Spinning Day!

Today is National Bring Your Teddy Bear to Work and School Day!

Today is National Chocolate-Covered Insect Day!

Today is National Dessert Day!

Today is National Fossil Day!

Today is National FRUMP (Frugal, Responsible, Unpretentious, Mature Persons) Day!

Today is national lowercase day!

Today is National Pet Obesity Awareness Day!

Today is National Stop Bullying Day!

Today is National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day!

Today is Stop America's Violence Everywhere (SAVE) Today!

Today is World Standards Day!

Carol336
October 14th, 2015, 07:40 AM
Good morning Monique and all who follow. Yum - apple jelly...I can almost taste it.

We're still in Ocean City - waiting to hear if the pavers are finished so we can head home. I've been sleeping on a sofa bed (drew the short straw) - and can I just say it's a little lumpy and bumpy for these old bones. It's a lovely condo, but only one bedroom with a double bed, and DH and I just don't do so well a bed that size anymore - what with my cpap machine noise and his thrashing.....well you get the picture.

We've had a great time though, walking on the boardwalk, strolling in the park, shopping at the outlets, and yesterday we toured the OC Brewery (DH loves factory type tours)....and topped it all off with a wonderful dinner of Beef Tenderloin and baked potatoes.....doesn't get much better than that.

I'm ready to get back into my sewing room though - it's time to bite the bullet and get those blocks pieced together. I've been putting it off long enough - first quilts are scarey. I will definitely be posting some pics when I get it pieced.

Have a great day everyone.

Ginny B
October 14th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday. One week to go until our Employment Recognition Breakfast at work and things are falling into place nicely this year. We will finalize the journal pages this morning and give it the go ahead to go to the printer. Last year was my first time involved in this event and it was a bit hectic because of a number of factors that are not a concern this year. It's going to be a busy but exciting time until next Tuesday morning.

Have a great day everyone. Hope Blondie gets her computer issues fixed soon. Miss her. Hope all is well with her. Hugs to all that need them.

songbird857
October 14th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Morning everyone :)
Monique, have fun with your 99k - I noticed on my 66 that the thing that looks like it should be the thread spool holder doesn't really fit in the hole where it should go. I think I'll just use a thread holder behind the machine.
Carol - isn't it funny how once we get used to a queen or king sized bed, full just doesn't cut it??? Hubby and I stayed in a hotel where there were no big beds available, so we got two full, and yep, we felt like Ricky and Lucy...
Ginny, have fun with all that planning ;)

There is a light at the end of the tunnel for my organizing - I can't wait to sew again!! Hopefully by tomorrow I will have found a place for everything - I went out and bought another small hanging organizer for the closet. "My name is Norma, and I hoard fabric."

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Sandy Navas
October 14th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Good morning. I had to ask myself what day this was.

Well, it rained pretty well all day. I did make apple jelly, it is not quite set yet but I am sure it takes pretty darn good. I managed to get into my sewing room, cleaned and oiled the new to me 99k sewing machine. I did notice that it is missing the _____ thingy that the spool sits on.

Singer Spool Pin YA-1 (http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/spool-pin-YA-1.php?gclid=CjwKEAjw-vewBRDH1-b52Lig1hkSJACTPfVFCT5Q-bG6bsPPCaGlxCWljkPXDdCTV_JQG1opy8_dDRoC1U_w_wcB)

Norma, this is for you, too!!!!

And Monique - let us know when you bring that new Featherweight home . . . I saw in another post that you're looking!!

MayinJerset
October 14th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Good Morning, or at least it will be after I have my first cup of coffee. In another thread gals were talking about making soup and that got me motivated to make some creamy carrot soup for dinner. No cream in the soup, I use the hand held blender to make it thick and creamy.

Angelia
October 14th, 2015, 11:34 AM
National FRUMP day--that's for me!

Good day everyone.

MRoy
October 14th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Good morning! I've been playing farmer's helper this morning and now I'm getting ready to fix lunch for the farmers. I'm wearing a heat pack on my strained back, but it's slowly getting better. We're having some beautiful fall weather now.

Monique
October 14th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Singer Spool Pin YA-1 (http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/spool-pin-YA-1.php?gclid=CjwKEAjw-vewBRDH1-b52Lig1hkSJACTPfVFCT5Q-bG6bsPPCaGlxCWljkPXDdCTV_JQG1opy8_dDRoC1U_w_wcB)

Norma, this is for you, too!!!!

And Monique - let us know when you bring that new Featherweight home . . . I saw in another post that you're looking!!

It is only $1.50 but almost $8 shipping. Thanks anyway Sandy. And no more machines.

Claire Hallman
October 14th, 2015, 06:26 PM
It is only $1.50 but almost $8 shipping. Thanks anyway Sandy. And no more machines.

I don't know if they have what you need but April's 1930s shop does not charge shipping.

SewnByBee
October 14th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Hi everyone,
It's Wen. afternoon.
One of those day's today, started off feeling rough this morning, had a hard time shaking it.

Finally got my fabric order in from M*, I think it will help to make the young couple's gift more like what, I think they'll like. She collects Coke a Coca-Cola.

Just a bit short on time and not feeling as good as I would prefer, I hope I can pull it together. Although she is aware of my issues maybe they'll be some understanding if I'm not right on time.
I will learn how to work around this eventually.

Good to see you all, take care, and be blessed.