PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Problems with Orders from Fabric.com?

JCY
October 13th, 2015, 10:19 PM
I recently placed an order from fabric.com for the first time. It was the only site on which I could find the specific fabric for which I was looking. The turn around time from placing the order till arrival is much longer than M*. My order came today. I had ordered 2 yds. of one fabric & I got only 1. :( I've sent an e-m (with pics) to request the 2nd yd. Very disappointing. I just wondered if anyone else has had problems with ordering from them? On a positive note, I had ordered 1 yd. of a different fabric, & they sent me an additional 18" because it was the end of the bolt, which was nice.

quiltsRfun
October 13th, 2015, 10:42 PM
I've never had problems with fabric.com. My last order most of my fabric had bonus yardage as it was end of bolt. Will be interested to hear how they resolve your problem.

Sharyn J
October 13th, 2015, 10:52 PM
I used to order from them all the time and never had a problem. Then Amazon bought them and there have been many complaints. The first thing I noticed was the increase in prices so it didn't keep its appeal for me. Hopefully your order will arrive shortly and without incident.

Pandabear
October 13th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Yes I have. Overcharged me for shipping and replied to my inquiry with an unprofessional looking email. They never bothered to refund what should have been refunded. That was over a year ago. Haven't used them since.

LoveMyMachines
October 13th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Good luck. I have had good customer service through them, but find that many time I get a message indicating what I wanted is out of stock after the order is placed (over selling or not enough padding for cutting inaccuracy in the fabric accounting). I was bummed with my recent order since I was after a pretty snowflake batik I liked. It isn't sold everywhere (yet). It must be popular. I love their end of yard bonuses though! You just never know.

Kgrammiecaz
October 13th, 2015, 11:20 PM
There have been several issues with them. Long story. There are other threads about it. Do a search for fabric.com. I dont remember the title of the thread but it is clear it was a problem.

MayinJerset
October 14th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Glad for the Heads Up. They do have a fabric I'm thinking about ordering. I'll continue my search at other fabric sites,

Iris Girl
October 14th, 2015, 10:26 AM
I have never had problems with them in the past and they have always been good about sending extra or letting me keep what they missent and then sent the correct stuff. Recently I was thinking of ordering and I only needed 1/2 yards of several and I noticed the price changed. Like say a yard was $10.98 the half yard would be $7.98 rather then $5.49. So I never placed the order as I did not need/want full yards and was not willing to pay the extra for 1/2 yards.

Angelia
October 14th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Always good service for me.

Liberty
October 14th, 2015, 11:41 AM
I've only ordered from them once, and it was the end of bolt so I got an extra 1/2 yard. Reasonable shipping time, too.

sorry! :(

rebeccas-sewing
October 14th, 2015, 11:46 AM
No problems with them so far. That may have been all they had left of that fabric. Some sites ask if you want notification if they don't have what you requested, but I don't know if that's the case with fabric.com. Maybe it's just an error. Better an error than no more of that fabric in their stock. I imagine they will rectify the situation.

kensington
October 14th, 2015, 05:18 PM
I've never had an issue with them. Fast turn around, and I have gotten end of bolt several times.

Not happy that you have to buy a whole yard now. It cost more per yard to buy 1/2 yard cuts. That's my only issue with them now.

Carlie Wolf
October 14th, 2015, 09:44 PM
I just ordered a couple of items from them a few days ago. I'll let you know if I have a problem :-) I don't think I've ever ordered there before.

JCY
October 15th, 2015, 12:04 AM
I got a standard e-m that said my request would be addressed in 1 business day. I'm still waiting to hear something. I'll keep you updated. If I don't get an e-m within 48 hrs., I plan to call. Today I shopped for coordinating fabrics at my LQS & found 2 that blend well.119490 This is the focus fabric. I had ordered 2 yds. but got just 1 yd.

Suzette
October 15th, 2015, 08:50 AM
I have never had a problem with them myself. Hope you get your issues resolved soon.

cv quilter
October 15th, 2015, 06:20 PM
I had problems with them. I ordered 3 1/2 yards of a fabric I wanted for a backing for my Grandson's quilt. Placed the order, waited for confirmation. Got it. Then, next day, an email came updating their confirmation. Now, they only had 3 yards and it was in two pieces, did I want them. I decided I could live with that and said OK. Then I got another email, telling me they only had 1 1/2 yards, IN TWO pieces, one was 1 yard and the other a half yard, did I still want them? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! No explanation about why this happened, and I DID inquire. Don't think I'll order from them again.