PDA

View Full Version : Good morning, Tuesday!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 13th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Hello friends!

What's on your plate for today? I have an early morning appointment for an oil change, then home to finish a costume dress, pick up a few things for my play. Then I have a late afternoon appointment with a handsome 11 year old to pick out his Halloween costume. Then to the theatre for final dress rehearsal for the play, first performance will be Wednesday morning for a student matinee. This week is cray-cray!

Saw a weather forecast on FB reporting the possible first snow in NY, yes, it is right where I'm going Saturday! Nooooo! Hope they're wrong about that!

Hope you have a great day!

Monique
October 13th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Good morning Jean. You really have a busy schedule.

We are back from Greg's after a wonderful weekend spent with them. Ashley is a lovely girl. I bought some apples while I was there. This is apple and wine country where they are. We didn't get to do the wine tasting but perhaps next time.

So today I am going to try my hand at apple jelly. It is a rainy day here.

I did not sleep well at all last night, I may have to take a pill tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

Sandy Navas
October 13th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Hoping Jean remembers where she put her long underwear last year - looks as if she's going to need some!!

Happy apple jelly Monica.

Off to look at houses - again!! Fingers crossed.

MRoy
October 13th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Good luck with the NY weather Jean...pack warm clothes, looks like you're going to need them.

Sandy, I hope your house hunt is successful and you find just what you want really soon.

Monique, have fun making jelly. DH and I stopped at a local orchard on Sunday to get some fried apple pies. The orchard was full of people picking their own apples and the shop was full too. I didn't want to stand in line that long so I passed on the pies.

Headed for the studio shortly to quilt. Have a great day!

Mom23
October 13th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Good Morning All,

Jean, I hope the weather forecast for the northeast is wrong! Girl, you sure don't let any grass grow under your feet!

I had myself on a fabric diet, until last night. I was watching the Cub/Cardinal game and surfing the Craftsy fabric sale. I ended up with $150 of the most gorgeous fabric precuts!! Today I will be sewing during the game and will leave my laptop in the other room. I need to use up more fabric. I will put a big dent in it in a couple weeks. I'm going on retreat November 2-6 with 4 friends. It's going to be a wonderful trip!

We are officially empty nesters and I'm not so sure I'm liking it. Our son bought a house that had severe smoke damage and a little fire damage. He and my husband gutted it and put it back together. I cleaned it Saturday morning while he was at work then hubby and I went to the cabin. Came home Sunday night and he was all moved in his house and out of ours. I had him over for dinner last night already! He and I butted heads the entire time he was in high school but since he's become a big boy things are so much better. Never thought I would be sad that he moved out.

I'm getting the house tidied up this morning and running a couple errands. My goal is to be behind the sewing machine by noon. I've been working on my BOM blocks that take forever. I need instant gratification so I might throw together a jelly roll race quilt.

Sandy, I hope you and Al find a house soon! I have three extra bedrooms upstairs if you need a place to stay. Effingham is a lovely little town with an awesome quilt store.

Have a great day!

Lori63
October 13th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Good morning:)

Sounds like everyone is busy! Jean, sure hope you miss the snow. Sandy, I know the perfect place is out there for you, you'll find it soon:) Robin, it is kind of sad when they all leave home isn't it? Of course two of mine have come back and I really don't mind. Our son is looking for a place to buy, problem is, he's so picky I don't think he'll ever find what he wants.

Hopefully after work I'll get a little sewing in tonight, then I'm off work tomorrow. My sis is coming again and we're going to finish up baby things. I do have a dentist appointment tomorrow, yuk...I really don't like going.

Have a wonderful day!

RiverMomm
October 13th, 2015, 10:00 AM
It's only going to be flurries, Jean, so no shovelling for you yet. Below freezing at night but above during the day. Pack a jacket and scarf because the wind makes it seem colder.

My son told me that he is going to paint his 3 yr old's hair green for Halloween. I had bought Luke the cutest fireman's costume for his 3rd birthday last week. Now he is going as a zombie fireman! I did my best not to say anything such as "oooh, but he would be cute as just a fireman", or "be careful, the green hair spay may not come out of super blonde hair." My husband was proud of my restraint. I can't wait for the pictures.

Today, I am hoping to find the missing block of the quilt I am making. I had the quilt on my design wall for a couple weeks. I started on the top row and have been sewing them together. I got to the second to the last row and noticed . . . a block missing on the last row. HOW did I miss that? Where did it go? And what the heck am I am going to do?? I had stopped working on the quilt to clean and rearrange my sewing room. Yeah, that means . . . the missing 6 inch block may have been tossed. sigh. Oh well, I really didn't like this quilt anyway. I am going to finish up piecing until I get to the last row and then pack it all up as as UFO. Hopefully I will come across the block. Here is where you may think I need to work on my organization of my sewing room a bit more . . . and yea, I do!! For some reason, the missing block is making me laugh. This quilt is getting back at me for all the time I have looked at it and thought . . . "I don't like you". Karma.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

SewnByBee
October 13th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Good morning Jean and everyone.
It was pretty cool this morning, cuddled up on the couch and fell back asleep.

Did I read s ow flurries ? Oh my.
I've got to drag out the warm cloths. A cold front is coming in here soon getting in low 40's at night.
If I could I would just hibernate.

For Halloween, we will probably paint a couple of pumpkins. We don't have but a few trick or treaters.
Have fun with the all your kidoes.

Much luck on the house hunt, Sandy.

Have a grate day everyone, be blessed😏.

Angelia
October 13th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Jean--the good thing is that you can enjoy the snow and then come home to get away from it!

Have a good day, everyone.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 13th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Jean--the good thing is that you can enjoy the snow and then come home to get away from it!

Have a good day, everyone.

I don't mind snow, just don't want to fly or drive in it! But you are right, I can get away from it in Mo!

We went to visit our son in Iowa one year in October. They got a freaky snowstorm while we were there 8" overnight! Electricity went out, took the well pump out too, but we left and snow plowed out of Iowa, and there wasn't a trace of snow in Northern Missouri!

songbird857
October 13th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Good morning! -
Everyone is super busy - Jean - have fun in NY :) It is supposed to get colder in these parts soon...
Sandy - praying you find the perfect house for you :)
The past 3 days have been spent switching rooms with my daughter - yaaaay! If you didn't catch it the first time around, my daughter wanted my small sewing room, and my older DD had just moved out, so it was a good time for a change. My younger DD likes small spaces and has been intrigued by the tiny house boom...
Her little room looks amazing, we kept the ikea cubbies down there because they are a bear to move, and they look great in that room. We'll paint in a few weeks, and we found a great bed on Craigslist for her; not loft height, but about chest high - with drawers, shelves, and a pull out desk underneath. Hopefully it will still be there when we have time to go get it!
I didn't realize how much those cubbies held for me!! I'm struggling a bit to make room for the stash, but it's coming along and I should have it all set in a few days - I'll post pics when I'm done.
Ok... off to sort more things - have a great day all.

Elaine21
October 13th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Good morning all! Today is Turkey noodle soup day for me. Cleaned up the turkey and put the carcass in a soup pot with veggies. Right now everything is cooling in order to be chopped up, and a final cleaning of the carcass. Next up....adding the noodles and letting it simmer for a while. I've got a nice loaf of bread to go with the soup for tonight's dinner.....I can't wait!
Hope everyone has a great day!

ceiliam
October 13th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Morning all . went thru scraps yesterday organized them. Hello my name is Cecelia, and I am a scrap horder. Scarey need to get them cut down and organized. My goal for the year is to get my sewing room in some semblance of order.
Sandy, hope you find house you love. Its so stressful looking isnt it?
Hope you all have a wonderful day. Hugs and prayers to all those need it.
Cecelia

alliek
October 13th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Beautiful sunny clear day here today, the mornings and evenings are cool. Afternoons are warm. Did not hear about that snow in NY, I'm sure it will just be flurries . I hope this is not a harbinger of a rough winter to come. My DD and DS had a rough one last year. Keep praying that El Nino is full of water for southern CA. . I was reading where it looks like it may help alleviate the drought, although it probably will not go past San Francisco to the North West coastal states where they need moisture. I hope the Rockies get plenty of snow this year. Lots to pray about. Blessed week to all.

KPH
October 13th, 2015, 01:39 PM
What's on my plate... a BLT! Then another one because the first one was so good!

Went to the bank this morning to check on how to deal with mom's savings bonds. What a wasted trip! "YOU'LL have to..."

Send me on a mission. First stop, found a form that made no sense. So I decided to call the treasury, they hung up on me. So I went to the 'Savings Bond site' where I'd made the inventory of bonds and found a list of forms and pamphlets. BINGO! Found a pamphlet and forms I need to cash them in. lol, that bank is going to LOVE it when I go back and say here. Now deal with it!

So today won't be a total waste... Chuck's tigers are going to get a round or two of quilting.

Angelia
October 13th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Good morning all! Today is Turkey noodle soup day for me. Cleaned up the turkey and put the carcass in a soup pot with veggies. Right now everything is cooling in order to be chopped up, and a final cleaning of the carcass. Next up....adding the noodles and letting it simmer for a while. I've got a nice loaf of bread to go with the soup for tonight's dinner.....I can't wait!
Hope everyone has a great day!

Yum! I'm a brothmaker--love soup. :icon_happy:

Elaine21
October 13th, 2015, 02:31 PM

The soup's done now and smells delicious! Can't wait for hubby to get home from work so I can dig into it! :)

Elaine21
October 13th, 2015, 02:44 PM

The soup's done now and smells delicious! Can't wait for hubby to get home from work so I can dig into it! :)

Grandma Nan
October 13th, 2015, 02:52 PM

I'm doing the same thing Elaine. I'm boiling the bones right now and will cut things up later once it cools. I don't get to eat it today though. Son and DIL and 3 grandsons coming over tomorrow for the Jays game and soup and buns. Everybody loves homemade turkey soup so it will be a fun time. I think I'll make an apple crisp too. We got some beautiful big Cortland apples on the weekend so they are perfect for crisp. I do want to get to the sewing room today too. I love the cooking smells of autumn. I just wish it didn't snow.

SewnByBee
October 13th, 2015, 02:55 PM

Yuuuuuummm,
Ladies, you got my mouth watering.
I'm a soup loving kinda girl too.With the temps dropping, nothing beats a hot bowl of soup.
Enjoy, sounds good.

SuzyQue
October 13th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Oh late today...again. Hubby and I went to our honeymoon hotel from 30 years ago to celebrate our anniversary. The kids did the treating and a stomach bug did the tricking, but we had a nice couple of relaxing days and nights. We were in the driveway long enough to unload the car and hubby made for the soybean field. Harvest calls. I guess I will start laundry and get back on my baby quilts. The world calls and life goes on.

Elaine21
October 13th, 2015, 10:38 PM
I'm doing the same thing Elaine. I'm boiling the bones right now and will cut things up later once it cools. I don't get to eat it today though. Son and DIL and 3 grandsons coming over tomorrow for the Jays game and soup and buns. Everybody loves homemade turkey soup so it will be a fun time. I think I'll make an apple crisp too. We got some beautiful big Cortland apples on the weekend so they are perfect for crisp. I do want to get to the sewing room today too. I love the cooking smells of autumn. I just wish it didn't snow.

Funny you should say you are making apple crisp.......I made that for dessert for Thanksgiving dinner. We had gone to a local orchard on Saturday where I picked up 20 lbs of Mutsu apples to do some baking. So right after turkey soup tonight, we had apple crisp! Hope you enjoyed yours!

LoveMyMachines
October 13th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Ahhh, All this talk of snow... new houses... and comfort soup.
I (almost) can't wait for winter. If it didn't mean I had to trudge through it to make it into work, then I would be singing "Let it snow" or "Rain Drops on Roses". (Sorry Jean... I guess I just love winter things.).

Sandy, good luck with that house hunt. If I ever house hunt my dream sewing room would have a pretty window seat, storage, and room for my machines, a wood floor and an extra bonus would be a reading nook with gas fireplace. (I think I'd probably just have to take over the living area! )