PDA

View Full Version : Hootie hoot, Night Owls!

kimsophia
October 13th, 2015, 01:48 AM
Whoooooo's still up? I did some repair on a binding and I need to do some more in a small spot where the top wasn't caught in the seam with the binding tape. I tried out some ideas on graph paper for embroidery. Also I watched a lot of a crazy quilt class on Craftsy. My mom collected a lot of lace work but it's too pretty and large to cut up for a crazy quilt.

stationarymom
October 13th, 2015, 02:28 AM
Hoot out there,I started a new quilt today a Christmas quilt for my dd it's going to be a log cabin in blues and whites.I didn't have to watch the puppy today so I actually got something done.

Andrea F
October 13th, 2015, 02:52 AM
Good morning! I spent most of the day cooking yesterday. I made a large pot of squash soup and a large pot of what we call "carrot mud". It's just cooked and roughly mashed with slice of sausage (Bratwurst) in it. Very delicious. I also made chicken with veggies in the oven. Most of it went in the freezer in portions so the kids can pull some out during the week.
I've got work today and when I come home tonight I want to work on the christmas quilt from last year. I'm also going to watch some more craftsy classes. I started a class about garment sewing yesterday.

Have a good night and a nice day everybody!

bubba
October 13th, 2015, 03:49 AM
I finished another NCW today and have a Pearl ready to sew. My crazy sister decided that she wanted to promote our page, so without consulting me, she did and it is going crazy. She is going to have to retire so she can keep up with it! She told me since I don't work, I should have no problem doing so!!!

I broke my most favorite seam ripper, snapped the end right off. It is one that has the carved handle and a stiletto on one end with the ripper on the other, so you can easily replace them. I will be more careful this time!!

Watching Castle and enjoying it much more this week than the last couple weeks. I really like the characters on it.

Today MM and I went to run errands....#1 Bank.....banks are closed on Columbus Day! #2 Lowes.....bought an LED florescent light that will be hung over my cutting table. I then suggested we go see a movie. We had no schedule, so we drove to the closest theater and went to the next one starting which was 'The Intern'. We both wanted to see it and it was so good! When it comes out on DVD, we will be buying it. Next movie we see will be 'Pan".

toggpine
October 13th, 2015, 04:37 AM
Dang it! I can't sleep.

I tried but my mind keeps zipping about. Tomorrow I'm going to go check out (purchase, unless something is horribly wrong) the Singer treadle machine Bubba set me up with. I'm trying to figure out the best place for it to live in my limited sewing space.

Excuse me. The cat is "helping" me type. Little stinker. I'm not sure she's going to be real happy living outside again once her leg heals up.

Then I was thinking about how to fix the goat coat I serged inside out. Only half of it will be noticeable of course that would be the half that shows in the outside! I think I'll get some grosgrain ribbon and top stitch it over the exposed seam down the center of the back.
Ok, now kitty's given up on the typing and is sniffing my ankle. Well, at least she didn't bite me and is laying along my leg purring. Did I mention she's odd?
Well, I'll go poke about the Internet for a bit longer and try that sleeping thing again. I wouldn't worry so much, but I have to be up to get the kiddo off to school!
Happy hooting! C

Carol336
October 13th, 2015, 06:09 AM
thought I would sleep later this am.....not in the cards...been up since 330
DH and I did a lot of walking yesterday ...... took a long walk on the boardwalk....then got a subway sandwich and took it to a local park near our condo and took a stroll around the waking path after eating our lunch. After that we went to some outlet stores in West OC and did some more walking around. Had 2 beers with dinner and thought I would sleep like a log. Oh well - we're enjoying out little getaway.....hoping the paving project at home is moving along on schedule. We're hoping to go home on Wednesday sometime, but will definitely check with someone at home to be sure it's safe to return