PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday and Thanksgiving all in one

Monique
October 12th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends. It looks like a beautiful day to travel back home. We have had a wonderful weekend with Greg & Ashley. She is a lovely girl. We had dinner at her Mom's last night. She has a wonderful family. As long as my son is happy, that is all that matters.

Not much else to say. No turkey this weekend, but when Phil, Jodi and the girls come in two weeks, I will make them a turkey dinner.

Have a great day friends.

Ginny B
October 12th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Happy Monday all and Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends. Monique it sounds like you had a great trip. :)

We had a busy but nice weekend and now we are here at Monday and rarin' to go. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Sandy Navas
October 12th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Hope that was a true approval of Greg's new friend, Monique!! Must be serious if they are introducing you to her Mom.

Feeling like a bowl of warmed over gravy this morning - anyone take credit for giving me this head cold? Please come take it away.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 12th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, to all our Canadian friends!

Grandma Nan
October 12th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow(ette) Canadian members. What a beautiful fall weekend this has been. We enjoyed our dinner yesterday with 16 family members at our house and then topped it off by watching the baseball game (go Jays go). I love Thanksgiving and find that I do reflect how much I have to be thankful for. Of course this year was not the same without Mom here, the first year is so difficult to get past all those firsts.

Today, it is clean out the flower garden time and again I am thankful as it is a beautiful day so it will be a pleasure to be outside. I hate when you leave it too late and you're out in the cold and blustery weather trying to get it done. Still may get that as the leaves have not come down yet so that won't be part of our garden clean up today. At least the bulk of it will get done today.

Have a happy week all.

EsGrandma
October 12th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!! My dad was in the Canadian Air Force during World War II and remained close friends with them all of his life.

MayinJerset
October 12th, 2015, 09:50 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL WHO ARE CELEBRATING.

Lovely Fall day here, better get to the nursery soon to pick up shrubs to replace the ones that died this summer. Guess we didn't water them deeply enough during the hot summer.

RiverMomm
October 12th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to Canada!!

JCY
October 12th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Good Monday Morning! Just getting daylight here. Clear & 48 deg. We had another 92 deg. day yest. Maybe just in the 70's today, but nice all week. I need to do some flower bed clean-up, too. I'd just rather be quilting! But I know it needs to be done. The good weather isn't going to last indefinitely. One of these days, there will be snow out there.

Yest. I finished the FMQ on the "Star Cakes" baby quilt & got the binding sewn on. I just need to hand tack the corners & add a label. I still have a lot of quilt tops waiting to be sandwiched & quilted.

Everyone have a good start to your week. Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends.

Granny Fran
October 12th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Happy Thanksgiving !!!!

I so wish our US Thanksgiving wasn't being pushed aside between Halloween and Christmas. As a child, it was always the best day. Our granny would get out the Sears and Roebuck Christmas catalog and all the grandkids could circle one thing we wanted for Christmas. Dinner was glorious and I remember the year I got a whole turkey leg to myself !!! Now a days it seems it is just celebrated for football and Black Friday Sales. Ah, well, I am dating myself, but still Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

May you all enjoy your feast of Thanksgiving with family and friends.:icon_wave:

Debbie Watters
October 12th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating with family and friends!

Bubby
October 12th, 2015, 11:22 AM

Wishing all our Canadian friends a Happy Thanksgiving with all the trimmings.

Navy Wife
October 12th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Good morning all, and a very Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends "north of the border". We are so fortunate to have you.

I just returned from a wonderful retreat in Alabama. We arrived on Wednesday, and left yesterday. It was a weekend full of sewing and laughter and good food which appeared like magic 3 times a day. We get together once a year and always have so much to catch up on.

Fall has arrived in the Smokies, and the leaf lookers are coming in. I guess I had better get my shopping done and hibernate for the next 2 or 3 weeks!

Simply Quilting
October 12th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Canadian friends :)

Claire Hallman
October 12th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Good morning all, and a very Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends "north of the border". We are so fortunate to have you.

I just returned from a wonderful retreat in Alabama. We arrived on Wednesday, and left yesterday. It was a weekend full of sewing and laughter and good food which appeared like magic 3 times a day. We get together once a year and always have so much to catch up on.

Fall has arrived in the Smokies, and the leaf lookers are coming in. I guess I had better get my shopping done and hibernate for the next 2 or 3 weeks!

Where in Alabama was your retreat? Was it at Sunset Inn? If it was, I know you had wonderful food and fun.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian peeps.

Kat Smith
October 12th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians out there, and those who are here and adapted to our Turkey day.

It was a great weekend here in Winnipeg, yesterday we had a high of around 68. A storm blew in during the night with high winds and rain. Had to close the bedroom window cause I was getting wet. Noticed some boards missing of the building in front of us today, weather report says there was quite a bit of damage, trees down and grain bins on the prairies. Today it is cloudy, windy and scattered showers, the temp is 43 right now. Just the kinda day that the smell of a turkey cooking can brighten up. As long as you don't think of the clean up after.
Kathy

Navy Wife
October 12th, 2015, 11:00 PM
Yes, Claire, we went to the Sunset Inn. This was our first time there. We have been going to Magnolia Park. Come join us next year!

Claire Hallman
October 12th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Maybe I can.:icon_bigsmile:
I had to leave there early a couple of weeks ago since I got sick, can't wait to go back.
I have been to Magnolia but it is a shame they have stopped doing retreats, it was a nice place, too.

Monique
October 13th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Hope that was a true approval of Greg's new friend, Monique!! Must be serious if they are introducing you to her Mom.

Feeling like a bowl of warmed over gravy this morning - anyone take credit for giving me this head cold? Please come take it away.

Thanksgiving was at her Mom's because she had the most space. There is no way you could fit 8 people in their apartment.