PDA

View Full Version : Tuckered Night Owl

toggpine
October 12th, 2015, 02:16 AM
The laundry is done. The kitchen is clean and the dishwasher is emptied. The framework and a tarp now cover the top of the garden shed. (A limb took out the roof.) Some of the shrubs in the yard received a hair cut too. While the game was on this AM I even managed to make progress on 5 more goat coats. (I serged one inside out!) The kiddo had her shower and is snuggled in her bed. (The bike riding helped with that!)
I've had myself a little tipple and will now head off to tuck into my nest.

What all did you get into today? Or, what do you have planned for the rest of the night?
Hugs! C

Granny Judy
October 12th, 2015, 02:27 AM
It was a "test new recipes" today. First the desert, then a casserole. I stuffed myself with both and sat down in my recliner to "just rest". Woke up 3 hours later, so I'll be up for awhile. I have my brown & cream quilt to work on, so not lost in the "what shall I do" department.

There is always hand sewing, too. Just have to get some needles threaded and at the ready. (see, Grandma, I did pay attention to your lessons on hand quilting)

stationarymom
October 12th, 2015, 02:56 AM
Hoot we had a puppy play day today so not much of anything else got done today.Today was a very low key day I'm glad to hear others were productive and got things accomplished though.

bubba
October 12th, 2015, 03:22 AM
I managed to finish a test pattern and have half an NCW finished. Then a migraine took control and sewing was done for the day!

Carol336
October 12th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Absolutely beautifull day here in MD....We visited a long time friend and priest at his church in Kennedyville and then went out to lunch with him and his lovely wife. From there we headed to Chestertown for a short visit with another long time friend. Then we were finally headed for our destination in Ocean City MD. Feet up and a nice glass of wine had me asleep before I knew it. I guess all that running around and visiting is more taxing than I thought - LOL,

The whole reason for yesterday's festivities is that they are paving the streets in and around our condo starting today (Monday) and lasting through Wednesday. We would have to park our cars about 1/2 mile away and walk in to our building. So we just decided to get out of dodge while that was going on. Our niece gracioulsy offered us the use of her condo in OC for the week, and hey my momma didn't raise no dummies!!!

kimsophia
October 12th, 2015, 08:06 AM
What does a morning lark say? I can hardly hoot like a night owl when I fall asleep at six p.m. and wake at five a.m.! I guess I know this lark, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvAUgFb1cLY

I noticed this morning that I didn't get my binding sewn right in a few places on my new bed quilt so I will redo that and then go back to my counted cross stitch.

Hulamoon
October 12th, 2015, 08:41 AM
I just woke up about 1/2 hour ago and it's only 1:30. ugg So I'm going to watch Walking dead.

I tried out a new recipie today too. I made spaghetti squash in the crock pot, then had it with some turkey meatballs. Iv'e been missing out on squash because I can't cut it. What a great solution!

Kim did you start propagating yet? I picked up all my dropped petals and some of them had tiny roots and one even had a little itty bitty rosette. My battery was dead but this is pretty much what I did today.

kimsophia
October 12th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Kim did you start propagating yet? I picked up all my dropped petals and some of them had tiny roots and one even had a little itty bitty rosette. My battery was dead but this is pretty much what I did today.

Not yet. I only have one winter of experience but it seemed like the cuttings I made in April did almost zero growth in the south room I had them in until they went outside in late May/early June. There's just not enough sun or warmth up here in the chilly north until summer. :P Keep taking pictures and I'll enjoy yours virtually :)

toggpine
October 12th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Pat, I hope you are feeling better today. Migraines are just downright icky!

bubba
October 12th, 2015, 02:13 PM
I do, thanks! Disappeared in my sleep! Once I watch Kelly & Michael, I'll wash my hair and then I'm going to head to Lowes / Home Depot to look at lighting to put above my cutting table.