PDA

View Full Version : Our Little Sawyer just was not going to wait for his quilt to be done...

dwil23
October 11th, 2015, 11:14 AM
....he came five weeks early! He is still in NICU, but will probably be released to the mother-baby floor later this morning. Even at 35 weeks he weighed 6# .5oz. and was 19 1/2" long.

I have tried to attach a pic, with no luck, but here is a link to my FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=632083274

Grammie and Aunt Stephanie are leaving for our trip to Las Vegas in the morning, he got here just in time! I do really hate leaving this soon, but we aren't able to change our reservations, and would lose everything. When I get back, I've got a quilt or two to finish - pronto!

Hope everyone has a Blessed Week - I may or may not be able to check in!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 11th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Awesome news! Glad to hear he is doing OK and was a good size for a preemie!

Sandy Navas
October 11th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Sent friend request on FB - use your imagination when you get it.

Congratulations on the new family addition!!

DebbieDoodle
October 11th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Congratulations! Sawyer is a good size for 35 weeks. Safe travels!

Bubby
October 11th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Congratulations on Sawyer's birth. He's a good size for arriving a bit early.

bubba
October 11th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Congratulations! Unless people are your friends, we are unable to see the pictures on your fb page.

JCY
October 11th, 2015, 02:46 PM
The fb page didn't work for me either.

Midge
October 11th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Congratulations to you and your whole family Donna. Glad little Sawyer is coming out of the NICU so quickly and continues to do well. Have a great trip! Sawyer will never know his quilt is a tad late.

pcbatiks
October 11th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Congrats Donna! Enjoy your trip and then enjoy that grandbaby!

Vonnie
October 11th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Congratulations! Me thinks someone was off on the due date! But, if the due date is correct, then it's a good thing she delivered early or Sawyer would be a 10 pound baby boy! Think OUCH!

irishrn
October 11th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Congratulations on the new baby!!!! Send pics soon!!

easyquilts
October 11th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Congratulations! Agreed...Sawyer really is a good size for a preemie... Have you decided on a quilt pattern?

stationarymom
October 12th, 2015, 02:50 AM
Congratulations! Sawyer is def. a good size baby I'm sure he looked huge in the NICU.

dwil23
October 12th, 2015, 04:01 AM
Thanks all! I think the problem with FB is I shared it from my DD's page and she has "protections" set that is keeping you from seeing it. Sorry.

Vonnie - I asked the same thing - "are you sure you weren't farther along than you thought?" They had already said he was on track to be about 9 1/2 lbs. His older brother was just under 9 and he came 2 weeks early. He is just so tiny - we are used to big (8 lbs and up) babies in this family. Such a sweetie!

Sandy, I have the quilt sandwiched and ready to be quilted when I get back. I used the same "pattern" (my own design) that I used with Big Brother Evan's quilt - just different main fabrics. I did use a few of the same neutrals.

I will be leaving work in about an hour and a half and going straight to the airport - it's just across the parking lot. Direct flight to LAX leaves at 6:40. DD and I went to get our nails done on Friday, in preparation for the baby "sprinkle" that didn't happen on Saturday morning. We had never been to this particular salon before. Turns out, the guy who did my nails will be on the same flight. Small world. I'm trying to look forward to it, but really hate leaving right now for various reasons, not the least of which is Sawyer. We plan to hit several quilt shops in the area and in St George, UT and then on Saturday will drive to San Marcos to Quilt in a Day before driving to LAX for a 10PM red eye home. I hope to be able to read a little and check the daily deals from DD's I-pad, but never know how that will work out!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Carolyn
October 12th, 2015, 10:26 AM
I worked NICU for years. I think someone may have miscalculated also! Always thankful for babies this size. It meant few if any worries for these babies. Congratulations.